serious question for you guys...

…did you know that prior to the civil war, in 1855, Jefferson Davis championed the formation of the U.S. Camel Corps?

after some early promise, the concept was rejected in its entirety and by 1863, the camels were being sold.

so much for early promise.

99.9% of the males on this board like camel toes, gruehls.

What has carmel corn got to do with anything?

There were camel signtings in the West until the 1920’s

Tintin (History 1994)

Even recently, there have been camel sightings near Buies Creek, NC.

Even more recently, there have been camel sightings in the Winston-Salem area.
[URL=http://www.wclynx.com/burntofferings/wartime_camel.jpg][/URL]

[QUOTE=survivor45;165301]

Even more recently, there have been camel sightings in the Winston-Salem area.
[URL=http://www.wclynx.com/burntofferings/wartime_camel.jpg][/URL][/QUOTE]

Camels are smoked frequently, and sometimes several packs a day are smoked.

Though the leader of the Camels has been abolished, his coolness never will be.

[QUOTE=X-49er;165307]Though the leader of the Camels has been abolished, his coolness never will be.[/QUOTE]
I miss ol’ Joe. I wish they still gave plant tours at the Whitaker Park plant in Winston-Salem too.

Theirs plenty of camels with pom poms in Davidsion.

Heck theirs a camel with an affinity for harder stuff in Manhattan.

[QUOTE=gruehls;164918]so much for early promise.[/QUOTE]

Har har har. I got it Gruehls. I don’t know about the rest of these guys.

[QUOTE=gruehls;164918]…did you know that prior to the civil war, in 1855, Jefferson Davis championed the formation of the U.S. Camel Corps?

after some early promise, the concept was rejected in its entirety and by 1863, the camels were being sold.

so much for early promise.[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying that it was right or wrong, but it still sucks.

The south loses the war again.

[QUOTE=Roasty;165351]Har har har. I got it Gruehls. I don’t know about the rest of these guys.[/QUOTE]

roasty, you restored my faith.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;165359]I’m not saying that it was right or wrong, but it still sucks.

The south loses the war again.[/QUOTE]

powerbait, you unrestored my faith.

[QUOTE=gruehls;164918]…did you know that prior to the civil war, in 1855, Jefferson Davis championed the formation of the U.S. Camel Corps?

so much for early promise.[/QUOTE]

i thought you were going to tell us about the night huggins got smashed and got a little too friendly with a camel

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;165369]i thought you were going to tell us about the night huggins got smashed and got a little too friendly with a camel[/QUOTE]

could a been i was referencing a prominent (southern) historical figure who had a bad idea which went nowhere, though much was expected of him, and later, much more was expected.

could a been i was referencing a latter day prominent (northern) hoops coach who maybe had some bad ideas, went somewhere where too much was expected of him, and too much was expectorated on him.

could a been i was just referencing the problems associated with assuming too much.

at my age, i’m easily confused; what board is this?

[QUOTE=gruehls;165394]could a been i was referencing a prominent (southern) historical figure who had a bad idea which went nowhere, though much was expected of him, and later, much more was expected.

could a been i was referencing a latter day prominent (northern) hoops coach who maybe had some bad ideas, went somewhere where too much was expected of him, and too much was expectorated on him.

could a been i was just referencing the problems associated with assuming too much.

at my age, i’m easily confused; what board is this?[/QUOTE]

Could a been drinking a lot…

Does it matter gruehls? You are the same old fart on each and every board!

Have either the Hofbrauhaus or Montgomery Inn announced a Manhattan, KS branch expansion yet?

[QUOTE=HP49er;165397]Does it matter gruehls? You are the same old fart on each and every board!

Have either the Hofbrauhaus or Montgomery Inn announced a Manhattan, KS branch expansion yet?[/QUOTE]

howdy willy.

hope you’re feelin well, and better every day.

i confess to being a little surprised at the vitriol directed towards huggs over this, especially since no one knows what he and lutz discussed.

i’ve checked the websites; nothing suggests new cincy based bar/restaurants in manhattan, kansas.

I’m getting there gruehls, thank you. There are a couple of concerns but the cardiologist doesn’t seem to be concerned with it. I am, a resting heart rate of about 45 bothers me!

Personally, I’m not as upset with Huggins as I am with what appears to be inside shoe company deals in the situation and Dalonte turning his back on Charlotte and Lutz after being helped out. We’ll get over it though, I’m not worrying about the “What ifs.”

The timing sucks for Charlotte, Lutz may have to find 2 assistants to replace Hill and Kummer, who is up for 2 head coaching postitions.

[QUOTE=HP49er;165415]The timing sucks for Charlotte, Lutz may have to find 2 assistants to replace Hill and Kummer, who is up for 2 head coaching postitions.[/QUOTE]

i understand the 2 best basketball minds on this board are interested in those assistant positions. hooligan and pi (whatever name he is using now). :sarcasm:

This is the only thread worth reading right now!