Shamarr Bowden - 2008 NINERS COMMITMENT

BTW, add rivals.com to the list of those still referring to us as UNC-Charlotte.

From what I’ve seen (which is obviously limited since I’m not affiliated with the team), he’s got a long way to go if he is going to see the floor.

According to the Greensboro News & Record today, he has signed.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/NRSTAFF/711150305/-1/SPORTS

It says he “will be signed”. I guess we’ll find out more when the coaches/beat writer return to the States.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but its SG related. Is Barnett going to play at all this year or is he probably going to red shirt?Thats going to make us thin at the SG spot unless Bowden can come in right away give us good minutes. I guess Ian will get the most minutes so I hope he works hard this offseason on his defense.

Not too thin. That’s 2-3 point guards (Harris, Gerrity, Lewis?) and several shooting guards (Ian, Barnett, Bowden, Dewhurst, Lewis?)

Plus, Harris has played so well in his minutes at PG that I also wouldn’t mind if Gerrity plays some time at the two next year.

Dewhurst is a small forward. He hasn’t taken a 3 shot all year.

Could it be with the team and presumably Whitestone down in the USVI, this might get delayed until early next week?

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;269280]Dewhurst is a small forward. He hasn’t taken a 3 shot all year.[/QUOTE]
Though your statement is accurate… The use of the phrase “all year” is a little misleading. We have played two regular season games and an exhibition.

Dewhurst is a small forward. He hasn't taken a 3 shot all year.

True, but he played at shooting guard this year (very briefly)

Goldwire-Dewhurst-Wilderness-Coley-Jones were all on the court at the same time.

Jim Utter also pointed out that Dewhurst was being looked at to play SG before the season.

[QUOTE=NLP;269282]Could it be with the team and presumably Whitestone down in the USVI, this might get delayed until early next week?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he can mail it in can’t he?

I think Dewhurst, if used at SG, would be for defensive purposes. He doesn’t fit our prototypical SG role

[QUOTE=moss2k;269298]I think Dewhurst, if used at SG, would be for defensive purposes. He doesn’t fit our prototypical SG role[/QUOTE]

That’s why we went with that lineup Monday, to get some height and athleticism guarding Kellen Brand. He had 18 points in the first half with Ian or Lee guarding him. He only had 2 points most of the second half until he got the rest of his points during garbage time.

Pretty sure he can mail it in can't he?
Sorry, I meant the announcement.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;269267]From what I’ve seen (which is obviously limited since I’m not affiliated with the team), he’s got a long way to go if he is going to see the floor.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you’re talking about Barnett and not Bowden right?

FYI … Shamarr signed his letter and they are awaiting word it has arrived back to the basketball office. When it does, they will announce it.

Just to clarify, you're talking about Barnett and not Bowden right?

Yes, he was.

Bowden will likely get a lot of minutes behind Ian next year.

Thanks Jim, and BTW, Happy Birthday!

A W over GT would be a nice present, would it not?

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;269473]FYI … Shamarr signed his letter and they are awaiting word it has arrived back to the basketball office. When it does, they will announce it.[/QUOTE]

Any word yet from Bowden?

?

Have I heard this kid’s name before on ESPN or something? For some reason I feel like I can hear his name being said by the voice of an ESPN guy. Not the annoying voice they use all time that sounds like the movie voice guy with his tighty whiteys pulled too tight, but the black guy’s voice they use for college basketball a lot.

I asked Jim Utter over the weekend about it. He said he would look into it. No word from him yet.