Shooting At VT

A very sad and scary event taking place at VT…

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

On some boards they are saying that the shooters had silencers…what is the world coming too?

I checked on my friend who goes there, said they locked them in their classes for safety. 1 dead, 17 injured when I talked to her. People have issues in this world.

Someone was just running around shooting people?

22 dead, 21 injured. This is just plain nasty.

My girlfriend lives in a hall far away from all this, and they have yet to release that building.

Reports are that the shooter, wearing a vest, went through Norris Hall and unloaded into classrooms.

Sad, disgusting, disturbing and sick world we live in at times…

And this type of situation could happen on ANY campus at ANY time. Scary.

Imagine being a parent of a kid at VT…

Whats really hits home is A) The kids were shot in a classroom. B) 2 hours later shooting begins again, right when you think it is all clear.

Its almost as if whoever did this, planned it like that, to catch more people off gaurd.

I can’t believe this. This is so sad and I feel terrible for the students and the families of those who lost their lives today. Just terrible…

22 dead and 28 injuried is a war zone. I do not know how you continue on with the academic year with this happening. Incredibly tragic.

22 dead and 28 injuried is a war zone. I do not know how you continue on with the academic year with this happening. Incredibly tragic.

Campus opens back up tomorrow morning at 8am but classes are canceled for Tuesday.

Dude this sucks.
It makes you wonder what’s going on in American culture when people don’t care who they shoot.
First it was Jr. High’s & High School’s, & now Universities.
Maybe we need to start giving out psychological screening tests to get in school, just like we require vaccinations.

Dude this sucks. It makes you wonder what's going on in American culture when people don't care who they shoot. First it was Jr. High's & High School's, & now Universities. Maybe we need to start giving out psychological screening tests to get in school, just like we require vaccinations.

Unfortunatley its not a lock that it was even students, in fact one of the survivors was a HS student. The worst part is, based on the way it went about, we don’t know that it is over. God Bless these kids.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;233143]Dude this sucks.
It makes you wonder what’s going on in American culture when people don’t care who they shoot.
First it was Jr. High’s & High School’s, & now Universities.
Maybe we need to start giving out psychological screening tests to get in school, just like we require vaccinations.[/QUOTE]

don’t forget about that shooting at UT Austin. There have been crazy lunatics for many years now.

This is so sad and disgusting…Kids work their butts off to get in a great school like VaTech, then get murdered in the classroom by an asian student that flaked out. But what are we supposed to do? This is really the indefensible. You can’t defend against it without becoming some militaristic state. It’s very sad. I wonder if in the days ahead it will come out that there where signs this troubled student might do something really weird. We all need to be aware of our surrondings to help each other.

now up to 31 dead 28 injured…just so sad

32 confirmed dead, This is crazy, this world just keeps going south.

32 confirmed dead, This is crazy, this world just keeps going south.
This world does suck, but it has always sucked. It is probably better than it has ever been. This is just what happens in life.

You guys are talking about schools a lot and screening students or whatever, but this kind of shit can and does happen anywhere. I don’t feel any less safe today than I did yesterday.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

22 dead, 21 injured. This is just plain nasty.

My girlfriend lives in a hall far away from all this, and they have yet to release that building.

Reports are that the shooter, wearing a vest, went through Norris Hall and unloaded into classrooms.

thats good that she is ok.

ABC News has a biased poll.
They asked for gun control. The yes question said to regulate HANDguns.
You can’t kill 31 with a HANDgun. You have to have an automatic or semi-automatic.

Fox reported the asian student had at least a 9mm semi-auto pistol and numerous clips of ammo. You can shoot a lot of defenseless people in a locked classroom in a very short time with that.

I’ll be really pissed if this student was here on an edu visa.

I am NOT for gun control.

[QUOTE=NinerFan;233226]
I am NOT for gun control.[/QUOTE]

Va. Tech is, its a “gun free” zone…they had a bill last year in legislature to allow students and teachers to carry on campus but it was defeated.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658

stuff like this motivates me to get a concealed permit, but its one big pain to get it, and cost a few bills.