**sigh**

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;426338]I have to say J, I find it hard to believe that if I walk into a store in Blackburg I’m going to find a lot of VT apperal that isn’t maroon. That goes triple for Raleigh, Chapel Hell, Greenville, or Boone in their respective university’s colors. I think this kind of color "choice’ is only widely available at schools that DON’T have loyal alumni bases.[/QUOTE]
My girlfriend has a teal UNC-CH shirt. They do exist.

Speaking of which, maybe I’ll get a light blue 49ers shirt to wear to UNC-CH football games. I can be a stealth Niners fan.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;426342]My girlfriend has a teal UNC-CH shirt. They do exist.

Speaking of which, [B]maybe I’ll get a light blue 49ers shirt to wear to UNC-CH football games[/B]. I can be a stealth Niners fan.[/QUOTE]

WTF?

This comprises maybe 1% of all the Charlotte gear you can get, so it’s not like there is a lot of stuff you can get that isn’t green, but I still think it sucks.

Me and Cha were complaining about this the other day actually. I think it is really stupid. When we can get all our students to root for THEIR school and wear THEIR school’s gear, I won’t care, but this is still unacceptable imo. Baby blue is right out.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;426344]WTF?[/QUOTE]
My girlfriend is in the UNC-CH marching band… I’ll be going to a couple of games. Problem?

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;426353]My girlfriend is in the UNC-CH marching band… I’ll be going to a couple of games. Problem?[/QUOTE]

DO NOT WEAR THAT POWDER BLUE 49er SHIRT! Wear [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]GREEN[/COLOR][/B]!

While a light blue 49ers shirt offends me, there are bigger fishes to fry, and at least the offender would be wearing a 49er shirt.

bigger fishes to fry? isn’t our own identity away from the mothership the fish we’ve been trying to fry for soooo long???

I've seen a girl at chapel hill wearing a niner green tarhole shirt like this. the board is overreacting...
anyone who doesn't see this as a major step back, never saw the issue in the first place.
bigger fishes to fry? isn't our own identity away from the mothership the fish we've been trying to fry for soooo long??????

anyone who doesn’t see this as a major step back, never saw the issue in the first place.

Color shade isn’t nearly as big an issue as the giant “UNC” in our name. Fry that fish, then we can complain about rainbow colored t-shirts.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;426342]My girlfriend has a teal UNC-CH shirt. They do exist.

Speaking of which, maybe I’ll get a light blue 49ers shirt to wear to UNC-CH football games. I can be a stealth Niners fan.[/QUOTE]

Man up! I wore 49ers gear to State football game last year. It was actually well recieved. Surprising considering they were playing South Florida (also green).

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;426355]DO NOT WEAR THAT POWDER BLUE 49er SHIRT! Wear [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]GREEN[/COLOR][/B]![/QUOTE]
Easy, easy, the vein in your forehead is showing.

My girlfriend, a rising Chapel Hill senior, has come to several Charlotte basketball and baseball games in the past year. She has worn Niner green each time (with the exception of the Charlotte-UNC baseball game). I see no problem with wearing a UNC-CH shirt to a UNC-CH game, especially after I badgered her to wear Niner stuff. To do otherwise would be pretty hypocritical.

DO NOT WEAR THAT POWDER BLUE 49er SHIRT! Wear [B][COLOR=darkgreen]GREEN[/COLOR][/B]!
It's a sad day, can't believe you even had to write that post
My girlfriend, a rising Chapel Hill senior, has come to several Charlotte basketball and baseball games in the past year. She has worn Niner green each time (with the exception of the Charlotte-UNC baseball game). I see no problem with wearing a UNC-CH shirt to a UNC-CH game, especially after I badgered her to wear Niner stuff. To do otherwise would be pretty hypocritical.

You wear the pants!!! GREAT! Don’t ^%# take them off now!!!

She takes your last name in marriage! So she takes YOUR loyalty to sports teams in marriage!!! anyways, imo, a Niner should NEVER wear powder blue, ESPECIALLY at a UNC-CH game! Otherwise, wearing that color to their game makes you MORE of a hypocrite unless YOU ARE A CLOSET UNC-CH FAN!!! (pained me to write that last sentence by the way)

[QUOTE=cibik02;426360]It’s a sad day, can’t believe you even had to write that post[/QUOTE]
People on this site get their panties in a twist over some pretty trivial stuff. I didn’t say I was going to wear a light blue UNC-CH shirt to Halton Arena or Hayes Stadium. I didn’t even say for sure that I was going to buy one at all. Pick your battles, for the love of God.

Color shade isn't nearly as big an issue as the giant "UNC" in our name. Fry that fish, then we can complain about rainbow colored t-shirts.
From what I've read on here, there's a lot less uncc and more Charlotte gear... If this is true, looks like the frying pan is at least heating up making some kinda progress.

My main issue with your post is…

Is the fryer not big enough for 2 fish at the same time?

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;426362]People on this site get their panties in a twist over some pretty trivial stuff. I didn’t say I was going to wear a light blue UNC-CH shirt to Halton Arena or Hayes Stadium. I didn’t even say for sure that I was going to buy one at all. Pick your battles, for the love of God.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, things like this have driven pretty hardcore fans away from the board and some away from the program. Which is sad. I know we should stay fans of the program, but it is really annoying when we attack each other for things that don’t matter.

I don’t even care that people like Jimmyhate are Tarhole fans, because he puts the niners first. I recognize why some people take offense at that sort of stuff, but we as a fan base are too quick to attack each other instead of our enemies.

From what I've read on here, there's a lot less uncc and more Charlotte gear... If this is true, looks like the frying pan is at least heating up making some kinda progress.

My main issue with your post is…

Is the fryer not big enough for 2 fish at the same time?

I guess you’d be really offended if I say I wear VT stuff to VT games?

To be honest, this fish isn’t worth frying, then. It’s a non issue.

Can we end this discussion?

[QUOTE=J Felt;426371]I guess you’d be really offended if I say I wear VT stuff to VT games?

Can we end this discussion?[/QUOTE]
This.

I wore florida gear to a florida game. I’m a traitor. I know that’s no big shock.

I guess you'd be really offended if I say I wear VT stuff to VT games?

Can we end this discussion?

There are previous threads and post about how students wear other school promoting gear on campus correct?

Well, I see a light blue shirt ragardless of the text on it as UNC-CH.

I’m just saying it’s stupid. I’m more surprised by the reaction of posters on here in which I know are hard-core NINER fans.

anyways, my $.02 on this thread.

I wore florida gear to a florida game. I'm a traitor. I know that's no big shock.

Well, you do own a pair of Davidson underwear for everyday of the week…

At least that’s what you said in the shoutbox.

Yea man, gotta lay off TF. He’s talking about wearing the school colors of his gf to a game at their school. It’s not that big of a deal. If you’ve actually got a personal connection like that to the school, it’s not the same thing. I wore USC stuff when I dated a girl down there. She wore Charlotte stuff. Not a big deal.

As for being a fan of the Tarheels, that is unacceptable imo.

Fans shouldn’t be driven from the fanbase because people don’t like what they do. That is weak. Don’t change on something like that because of other people.

I wore WCU stuff to their football game against App. My girlfriend went to WCU.