Signing Day Chalk Talk

[quote=“Niner National, post:20, topic:29327”]Has anyone gone to these in the past?

It doesn’t really seem like something that I’d personally find all that interesting, but if the food is good, I would be in, especially since drinks are included.[/quote]

Yep, each coach talks about 2-3 players and shows video on each one. Lampert starts it all off with a short update. Coaches and families all attend. Buffet dinner and drinks (wine and beer) included.

[quote=“Niner National, post:20, topic:29327”]Has anyone gone to these in the past?

It doesn’t really seem like something that I’d personally find all that interesting, but if the food is good, I would be in, especially since drinks are included.[/quote]

They are pretty cool. There are obviously a lot of things about Charlotte athletics that suck - not enough money, not enough leadership, not enough donors, etc. BUT the one thing that is very cool and amazing is the accessability of the people that lead our programs. Going to one of these enable you to conect and talk with coaches in a way that many fans only dream of happening with their team. You can also pick up some pretty cool tidbits about the program - like running a 3-4 was based heavily not on philosophy but on the athletes they felt we could land in recruiting. Just over all pretty cool stuff.

Could it not just be our fanbase has a high percentage of assholes and douchebags?[/quote]
Probably not our fanbase…but probably the group that posts on NNN.[/quote]

[/quote]

Exhibit A[/quote]

I’m just so horrible for having differing opinions. BAAAAAAAN MEEEEEEE!

To stick with the theme of the thread, b/c only a-holes derail threads… I’d totally hit this up if I could.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:22, topic:29327”][quote=“Niner National, post:20, topic:29327”]Has anyone gone to these in the past?

They are pretty cool. There are obviously a lot of things about Charlotte athletics that suck - not enough money, not enough leadership, not enough donors, etc. BUT the one thing that is very cool and amazing is the accessability of the people that lead our programs. Going to one of these enable you to conect and talk with coaches in a way that many fans only dream of happening with their team. You can also pick up some pretty cool tidbits about the program - like running a 3-4 was based heavily not on philosophy but on the athletes they felt we could land in recruiting. Just over all pretty cool stuff.[/quote]

I agree. I went to the 1st two signing day events and enjoyed both. We won’t know if these guys can play or not for a year or two, but it is fun hearing the ‘behind the scenes’ stories of their recruiting process.

See ya there!

Just got my spot, see yall there! :slight_smile:

See y’all there.

BUMP

Roll call!

Got my warmest (if least attractive) Niners polo on and ready to go! :smiley:

Opportunity to hear about all the recruits and interact with all the coaches. So often there are negative comments on here about marketing etc. Support what is provided before complaining about what’s not.

I’ll be there, hope we fill the house, there are a few openings still if someone wants to go. And bring a friend, a great way to expose someone to Niner football.

Great event - can’t make it out tonight, but have enjoyed these when I could go.

I heard the coaching staff was going out to Picasso’s last night to celebrate. I know a lot of work goes into recruiting these players, and it looks like we did really well getting the kids we thought we would, so I am glad to see them enjoy the big day.

OMG! That “green” he has on is NOT forest green. I hope it’s just a lighting fluke. We CANNOT allow this green to spread like a virus and be accepted as our school color. Stop the madness, AD, marketing, who-the-hell-ever!

Forest green is not the school approved color. I think most of us like Forest or dark green better but the official color is closer to this picture.

Kelly green is waaaaaaaaay better than dark or forest green.

This was the first one of these I attended, and I have to say that if you’re a die-hard fan I don’t think you can find a better use for $20.00. Shoot the food and booze alone are worth that. I had a great time.

You guys are DEAD wrong about forest or a dark green not being the official school color. It’s Pantone 349.
I know because I asked the AD years ago when I got Wells Fargo to light up the Duke Energy Bldg. in green the night we played TN and the WF rep asked me to find out .
It’s def NOT kelly. Thank God. https://www.google.com/search?q=pantone+color+chart&biw=1440&bih=799&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=tijUVPanJ6SSsQTJmYLQDQ&ved=0CC8QsAQ#tbm=isch&q=pantone+color+chart+green&revid=792613772&imgdii=_&imgrc=SQw5gOPq8PlinM%3A%3B53McOAo7JZDV4M%3Bhttps%3A%2F%2Fsurrealityart.sharepoint.com%2Fsiteimages%2Fcolor%25205.jpg%3Bhttps%3A%2F%2Fsurrealityart.sharepoint.com%2FPages%2FSurrealityArtColorChart.aspx%3B980%3B1306