Signing Day Chalk Talk

A great way to spend $20. You can really tell a difference in the coaches in comparison with the first chalk talk…it’s a tight group…did I hear Lambert say we didn’t recruit any QBs this class but should be finding our more soon???

We will only be recruiting a QB every other year. That is our recruiting philosophy.

We will only be recruiting a QB every other year. That is our recruiting philosophy.[/quote]While I like that we have a plan, I hope the coaching staff is willing to deviate from that plan if the right guy is available. I don’t want to intentionally skip over a top talent that might be interested in us simply because we recruited a QB the year before.

We will only be recruiting a QB every other year. That is our recruiting philosophy.[/quote]While I like that we have a plan, I hope the coaching staff is willing to deviate from that plan if the right guy is available. I don’t want to intentionally skip over a top talent that might be interested in us simply because we recruited a QB the year before.[/quote]
I really think it will depend on where our weaknesses are and what the quality of recruits we have in those areas. For example, we have not been bad on offense and putting points up. If there is equal talent to be had between selecting a QB and a DB, you have to go with the DB at this point. There should be and is likely a year by year evaluation that gets added into the strategy based on the results of the previous season.

We will only be recruiting a QB every other year. That is our recruiting philosophy.[/quote]While I like that we have a plan, I hope the coaching staff is willing to deviate from that plan if the right guy is available. I don’t want to intentionally skip over a top talent that might be interested in us simply because we recruited a QB the year before.[/quote]
I really think it will depend on where our weaknesses are and what the quality of recruits we have in those areas. For example, we have not been bad on offense and putting points up. If there is equal talent to be had between selecting a QB and a DB, you have to go with the DB at this point. There should be and is likely a year by year evaluation that gets added into the strategy based on the results of the previous season.[/quote]

This is very true. I imagine if the staff didn’t feel confident in Brooks, they would have signed a QB. Since we still have a roster filled with FCS caliber guys, every scholarship we have has to be used wisely on players who will help us compete immediately at this level.

Marshall took Michael Birdsong as a transfer from JMU. Niner fans will remember him from our road game in the rain - he was their starter and threw for 201 yards: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332640256

He is going to be their stop gap for likely just this year while they continue to groom their QB of the future. It’s not unheard of. Really depends on if the staff thinks Barden is ready or is okay with Matt or Lee… too many unanswered questions right now. Let’s just see how it plays out.

It looks like they have replaced Ryan Odom with Brad Lambert on the radio show this week.

[font=Helvetica][size=14px]49ers Uptown Live TONIGHT! 7-8pm from Blackfinn Ameripub - Charlotte in the EpiCentre NC. Join Head Football Coach Brad Lambert in our Football Signing Day Recap. Listen live on 1660am or stream here:[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][/size][size=14px]http://t.co/WPiXjhGKWS[/size][/font]