Since 2005

The last time we made the dance, “Candy Shop” by 50 cent was the #1 song. Hurricane Katrina happened that year.

Since 2005 we started football, Billy Ray Cyrus’ daughter became a pop star, and America elected an African American president.

It’s been a while.

How I Met Your Mother started and ended.

Our 2015 recruiting class as playing Red Rover during recess in 2nd grade.

We gave birth to a football program.

And metro was bitching about Judy back then…never mind.

My wife graduated.

Then we got married.

Had a kid.

Bought a house.

Had two more kids.

Bless them. They’ve been fans their whole life and have never seen us in the dance. Real Fans.

:-[

Hell, no one had even heard of an “iPhone” back then.

I think I am to blame for all this. The school went through a span of 8 appearances in 10 seasons then I started attending in fall of '06 and we’ve been barren since.

I think I should burn my diploma like a Harry Potter horcrux or something.

edit: I decided I probably needed to take this one step further. The downfall of the Niner men’s basketball program started right after this game http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=250572429

If I had to guess I would say that’s right around the time little SteauA started thinking seriously about attending Charlotte, after all their basketball program was so exciting and I always liked visiting my sister on campus.

I went back and did the math: since that game (after which we were sitting pretty at 21-4, 12-2 and about to be ranked 18th in the nation) we have gone 153-154.

That is depressing.

[quote=“SteauA, post:7, topic:29382”]edit: I decided I probably needed to take this one step further. The downfall of the Niner men’s basketball program started right after this game http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=250572429

If I had to guess I would say that’s right around the time little SteauA started thinking seriously about attending Charlotte, after all their basketball program was so exciting and I always liked visiting my sister on campus.

I went back and did the math: since that game (after which we were sitting pretty at 21-4, 12-2 and about to be ranked 18th in the nation) we have gone 153-154.[/quote]

That link was heartwarming. Look at that 21-4! Then I read the rest of your post and reality of the situation has set in. I think I am going to be sick.

I have graduated high school, college with a masters degree, bought two houses, and got married since we have danced.

That is pathetic.

And the President is as bad as our basketball team.

And the President is as bad as our basketball team.[/quote]
Yeah, the economy sucks, our soldiers are getting killed in a useless war, the banks are failing and my 401K is tanking with the stock market.

Oh wait- that was the other guy…

Same here man, but that hasn’t stopped us from being dedicated!

Can we focus on our basketball sucking and not the rest of the world?

And the President is as bad as our basketball team.[/quote]
Yeah, the economy sucks, our soldiers are getting killed in a useless war, the banks are failing and my 401K is tanking with the stock market.

Oh wait- that was the other guy…[/quote]

Moderators, please remove from the sports board.

Here is a list of teams we have shared a conference with (from C-USA 1.0, A-10, to C-USA 3.0), that have made it to the NCAA Tournament since 2005:

Louisville 8
Marquette 8
Memphis 8
Xavier 8
Temple 6
Western Kentucky 4
Saint Louis 3
George Washington 3
ODU 3
Cincinatti 2
UAB 2
Richmond 2
Dayton 2
St Joes 2
North Texas 2
South Florida 1
Southern Miss 1
Houston 1
Lasalle 1
St. Bonaventure 1
Umass 1
UTEP 1
UTSA 1

And here is our list of those who have not danced in a decade or more:

DePaul
Charlotte
Tulane
ECU
TCU
Fordham
Rhode Island
Duquesne
Marshall
Rice
FAU
FIU
Louisiana Tech
MTSU

Didn’t Dubois take over the same day as our NC State loss? Maybe it is him.

Wow, I didn’t realize Cinci had only been twice! You also need to put Tulsa on there. There really is no reason we should not have a new headcoach by this fall. Major has to go. I’d also like to see how these different teams played down the stretch and where they finished in conference. We were picked 3rd and we are what 3rd to last? By all possible accounts this is a failed season.

Over 200 schools have made the NCAA tournament since our last appearance.

Our students who bear the brunt of the cost of athletics deserve better.

[quote=“NLP49, post:19, topic:29382”]Over 200 schools have made the NCAA tournament since our last appearance.

Our students who bear the brunt of the cost of athletics deserve better.[/quote]

The last students that got anything close to their money’s worth start turning 30 this year.