So Proud!!!!

Nothing to be ashamed of in this result. A bad penalty kick no call and a near miracle goal by the Holes. Otherwise this game was dominated by the Niners. I’m not making excuses, just telling it by the facts. Fan support was awesome, players were amazing.

They are National Champions in our hearts!

clt is mobilizing the troops. the no call was horrible.

We deserved 2 penalty kicks at minimum. Has that ref even seen a soccer game before today? Beyond awful. We were by FAR the better team, dominated the entire game besides that one miracle goal where he went 5 on 1 the wrong way.

I love that we kept coming hard at the end, this team has so much heart. Hit 2 posts and a zillion near misses. Could have been 5-1 Charlotte. Wish we could have won that.

Our fans were awesome, were loud the whole game. Watching on tv it didn’t look like unc had more than 10 fans there.

You guys were the dominant aggressive side 90% of the game. My sister lettered at unc-ch in soccer and was telling as much while I was driving home from seeing the Panthers choke. The last 3 mins were unbearable b/c your boys were relentless.
I know most here hate unc-ch, but as a Charlottean I hated this match up b/c I love my team but really impressed by Gunn and Charlotte. I’d be proud to have one of my boys get a chance to play for Gunn. Just love the team is almost all Charlotte kids too. And the Charlotte fans were amazing. Have to admit my school did not represent.

Anyhow, not trying to annoy or patromize you guys, just felt compelled to congratulate you on your team. Fantastic run to end a season.

[quote=“Braveheel, post:4, topic:26020”]You guys were the dominant aggressive side 90% of the game. My sister lettered at unc-ch in soccer and was telling as much while I was driving home from seeing the Panthers choke. The last 3 mins were unbearable b/c your boys were relentless.
I know most here hate unc-ch, but as a Charlottean I hated this match up b/c I love my team but really impressed by Gunn and Charlotte. I’d be proud to have one of my boys get a chance to play for Gunn. Just love the team is almost all Charlotte kids too. And the Charlotte fans were amazing. Have to admit my school did not represent.

Anyhow, not trying to annoy or patromize you guys, just felt compelled to congratulate you on your team. Fantastic run to end a season.[/quote]

Thanks for saying as much Braveheel. We mostly wish that there had been a different set of refs for today’s game. That takes nothing away from what your team accomplished.

clt asks about next year. who do we lose? and who is coming in?

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:5, topic:26020”][quote=“Braveheel, post:4, topic:26020”]You guys were the dominant aggressive side 90% of the game. My sister lettered at unc-ch in soccer and was telling as much while I was driving home from seeing the Panthers choke. The last 3 mins were unbearable b/c your boys were relentless.

Anyhow, not trying to annoy or patromize you guys, just felt compelled to congratulate you on your team. Fantastic run to end a season.[/quote]

Thanks for saying as much Braveheel. We mostly wish that there had been a different set of refs for today’s game. That takes nothing away from what your team accomplished.[/quote]

Understood. Did not see the non-call but my less biased Heel friends admitting it should have resulted in pk.

The local Kids representing the University and Charlotte region well today.
A great Run.

In the end - Moral victories still suck.

I will have to hear tommorrow how great we played and how proud we
should be - Knowing that all is still the same in the sports world because Carolina
still won.

Safe travels to all the fans that made the trip. Hats off to you. You did the school proud.

You better believe that Gunn will be talking up that level of support to recruits.

Also, you better believe that Judy and company will be talking up that level of support that traveled over 6 hours, twice. Conferences love that. It takes 2 teams to play a game, and it takes 2 teams to sell out a game generally.

Extremely proud to be a niner and our guy’s today. The better team lost.

The culture at Charlotte is changing. You can see it. Our teams believe they should win games. We’re travelling for men’s soccer. We played for our first ever national championship this year. We were the better team in the title game and we lost, but we were the better team.

We have top 2 new comers:

Brandon KardosDefender Charlotte North Carolina Charlotte Soccer Academy
Kyle Parker Central Midfielder Charlotte North Carolina Charlotte Soccer Academy (verbal)
We will lose:
[left]#4 Charles Rodriguez [/left]
[left]#10 James Evan [/left]
[left]#9 TJ Beaulieu [/left]
[left]#3 Isaac Cowles[/left]
[left]#13 Gavin Dawson [/left]
[left]#12 Matt Wallace [/left]
[left]#16 Jason Hawes [/left]
[left]#18 Tyler Duncan [/left]
[left]#27 Paul Willoughby [/left]
[left]We still have a great team going forward.

[/left]

We have top 2 new comers:

Brandon KardosDefender Charlotte North Carolina Charlotte Soccer Academy
Kyle Parker Central Midfielder Charlotte North Carolina Charlotte Soccer Academy (verbal)
We will lose:[left]#4 Charles Rodriguez [/left]
[left]#10 James Evan [/left]
[left]#9 TJ Beaulieu [/left]
[left]#3 Isaac Cowles[/left]
[left]#13 Gavin Dawson [/left]
[left]#12 Matt Wallace [/left]
[left]#16 Jason Hawes [/left]
[left]#18 Tyler Duncan [/left]
[left]#27 Paul Willoughby [/left]
[left]We still have a great team going forward.

[/left][/quote]Some of those kids that had us as “…and Charlotte” on their recruiting list are probably rethinking that now. This weekend should pay big dividends.

I watched the first half at Bad Dogs in university, second half uptown at Hooligans. The people beside me uptown with me were soley Davidson fans. Both graduated from davidson. They watched the beatdown at Halton last night. Yet they were out watching our soccer game cheering for us vs chapel hill. It just made me proud to be a 49er living in charlotte.

clt says this reminds us of how many other schools hate unc-ch.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:1, topic:26020”]Nothing to be ashamed of in this result. A bad penalty kick no call and a near miracle goal by the Holes. Otherwise this game was dominated by the Niners. I’m not making excuses, just telling it by the facts. Fan support was awesome, players were amazing.

They are National Champions in our hearts![/quote]

Well said. Proud of Niners soccer and fans.

Congrats to Coach Gunn and congrats to the entire team on one hell of an awesome season!! It’s not your faults that you got stuck with an officiating crew best suited for reffing kiddie games. I will say this though. As much support as Niner Nation gave the guys in attendance at Transamerica this year, as well as the OUTSTANDING support they gave this weekend (you all DROWNED out the Tarhole fans in size and in noise by a landslide!!)…I can’t wait to see how much attendance jumps for home games next year. I also can’t wait to see how great Coach Gunn and crew are next year.

You can just sense that this is a dynasty in the making, my friends.

Were there any Tar Hole fans?

Fan support was HUGE, but could have been even greater as i was one of at least 100 students left in line who didnt get a bus trip to Hoover. This shows just how strong NINER NATION is. Never been more proud to be a forty-niner than today.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/12/11/2844955/furious-finish-leaves-49ers-short.html

Finally made it home from Hoover, AL. The team and fans did our school proud today, very proud. What a game.