So realistically... How Much Would You Take For Your Inaugural Game Tickets?

Realistically, I’m top 40 in loyalty points easy.[/quote]

I hate to be a buzzkill here, but its an open lottery for student seats. Loyalty points don’t matter.[/quote]

That seems wrong - but maybe it will get some students who haven’t been very involved with athletics more excited.[/quote]

It just makes me angry because they told us from day 1 at SOAR that if you want football tickets, you need to accumulate loyalty points.

Now, I absolutely understand why they are doing what they are doing, and the situation certainly changed as football got closer. I just hate that I’ve literally put enough miles on my car to get to Vancouver in support of the Niners since I started here as a freshman, and I’m not guaranteed a seat. I wasn’t in any sort of position to get an FSL, as I barely have money for cookout. Just the nature of the beast I suppose.

Realistically, I’m top 40 in loyalty points easy.[/quote]

I hate to be a buzzkill here, but its an open lottery for student seats. Loyalty points don’t matter.[/quote]

That seems wrong - but maybe it will get some students who haven’t been very involved with athletics more excited.[/quote]

It just makes me angry because they told us from day 1 at SOAR that if you want football tickets, you need to accumulate loyalty points.

Now, I absolutely understand why they are doing what they are doing, and the situation certainly changed as football got closer. I just hate that I’ve literally put enough miles on my car to get to Vancouver in support of the Niners since I started here as a freshman, and I’m not guaranteed a seat. I wasn’t in any sort of position to get an FSL, as I barely have money for cookout. Just the nature of the beast I suppose.[/quote]

Are we getting cookout today???

That is unbelievably uncool if true.

That is unbelievably uncool if true.[/quote]

I can see why though, students pay the same amount of fees so should have equal chance of being at the games. However, they do loyalty points for basketball right?.. Well, if we were selling out halton.

I can see why though, students pay the same amount of fees so should have equal chance of being at the games. However, they do loyalty points for basketball right?.. Well, if we were selling out halton.[/quote]

Everyone has equal possibilities to earn loyalty points, so it’s not like it’s unfair to anyone. One could argue it gives upperclassmen a better chance, but back to the fees point… they’ve paid more into the system by then anyway so it’s still not unfair.

Here’s the student ticketing policy for football if anyone’s interested.
https://www.ticketreturn.com/49ers/ClientFiles/49ERS/Uploads/Football%20Student%20Policy.pdf

LOL. s9er just won the thread.

Correct. You only lose your virginity once.

This school lost its virginity with the football team that went on hiatus 65 years ago.

People get confused that we are starting football. WRONG.

This school is restarting football.

THE inaugural game was before many, if not most of us were born.

[quote=“Crusader, post:68, topic:27946”]Correct. You only lose your virginity once.

This school lost its virginity with the football team that went on hiatus 65 years ago.

THE inaugural game was before many, if not most of us were born.[/quote]

I respect history, and those who played here. But this is the 1st season of NCAA football… Hell, the University is calling the Campbell game the “inaugural” game… We are starting football, from scratch- calling it anything but is just silly

[quote=“s9er, post:69, topic:27946”][quote=“Crusader, post:68, topic:27946”]Correct. You only lose your virginity once.

THE inaugural game was before many, if not most of us were born.[/quote]

I respect history, and those who played here. But this is the 1st season of NCAA football… Hell, the University is calling the Campbell game the “inaugural” game… We are starting football, from scratch- calling it anything but is just silly[/quote]

So you respect but disregard history? Interesting insight. Thinking this is the first game BECAUSE the University calling it the “inaugural” game is like thinking…if its on the Internet, IT MUST BE TRUE.

What’s next? Only this school’s division 1 basketball history counts? Or maybe we only count seasons with winning records?

Good, bad, indifferent…it is all part of the school’s history.

Wanna split hairs? Fine.

This is the inaugural game for Charlotte 49er Football.

Is that better?

Interesting discussion. This IS the first season of Charlotte 49er football. We were the owls back then. In addition to that the team then was essentially a club team.

In the end - who cares. 10 years ago no one thought we would have football. We play football in August - so to me first game, the realization of a dream, defying the odds, etc - THIS IS BIG…

The “previous” football team is documented inside the current Fieldhouse…as it should be. So it is part of our athletic history.

Bottom line…you are right…THIS IS BIG.

10 years no one thought we would have football.

When I went to school, no one (student, alumni or local citizen) would listen to a statement that included ANY REFERENCE with any combination of the following:

UNC Charlotte
UNCC
UNC-C
Football

[quote=“Crusader, post:73, topic:27946”]The “previous” football team is documented inside the current Fieldhouse…as it should be. So it is part of our athletic history.

Bottom line…you are right…THIS IS BIG.

10 years no one thought we would have football.

When I went to school, no one (student, alumni or local citizen) would listen to a statement that included ANY REFERENCE with any combination of the following:

UNC Charlotte
UNCC
UNC-C
Football[/quote]

Just look back on this board and the other boards before this one. We had plenty of posters that thought football would never happen and anytime anyone mentioned it the term deadhorse would pop up. This board rehashes lots of topics - but we should all be thankful that football was one of them for many years and is a sign that no matter how tired the topic is you never know what the impact could be at the end of the day.

This is the inaugural game of 49ers football.

There exists a price at which I would part ways with my tickets.

I’m surprised no one has really mentioned that at $2,700, it’s a perfect arbitrage. You can sell your seat and buy a gold FSL + ticket.

It’s a slightly less perfect arb around $1,200, because you would be downgraded in the green FSL seats, but you’d still be there on game day.

[quote=“C49erMoose, post:76, topic:27946”]I’m surprised no one has really mentioned that at $2,700, it’s a perfect arbitrage. You can sell your seat and buy a gold FSL + ticket.

It’s a slightly less perfect arb around $1,200, because you would be downgraded in the green FSL seats, but you’d still be there on game day.[/quote]

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:49, topic:27946”](two paragraphs of justifying my refusal to sell for any price)

…Now, if it is an amount of money that would allow me to just buy another FSL or two, well, that’s a different story… but that blows this theoretical all to s***, doesn’t it?[/quote]

So no one willing to give up their wife?