So realistically... How Much Would You Take For Your Inaugural Game Tickets?

THIS. I love how high and mighty so many people are trying to sound, trying to show that they are the greatest fan ever.

Would it make me sick to sell my tickets? Hell yeah, and Iā€™d have a hard time forgiving myself. But if someone offered me thousands upon thousands of dollars, Iā€™d realize I could do a ton of good for my family, and for the school, with that money.

Saying youā€™d sell for an obscene amount of money doesnā€™t make you a bad fan, it makes you not an idiot.

I donā€™t know what my price would be. I donā€™t have to explain my fandom to anyone on here, you guys know it well. But there is an ungodly amount of money that I would accept for my tickets. But then Iā€™d donate a lot of it back to the school, and we would then have a stadium an facilities that blows everything else in the country away.

To you ā€œno amountā€ folks, hows the weather way up there on your pedestal?[/quote]

I think the folks who are saying no amount are talking about what a person might reasonably offer. For a few hundred a ticket no I wouldnā€™t take it, but yes of course if someone offered me 1K per ticket I would take it. But that offer isnā€™t coming. Lets be realistic in this discussion guys.

Ahh shatā€¦ Iā€™m a student, I have two FSLs, I should sell my two, take the $800 cash and use my student ticket. Iā€™d make back nearly half the up front cost of buying them in one day.

[quote=ā€œCharlotteSAA2013, post:42, topic:27946ā€]Ahh shatā€¦ Iā€™m a student, I have two FSLs, I should sell my two, take the $800 cash and use my student ticket. Iā€™d make back nearly half the up front cost of buying them in one day.[/quote]If you could be sure of getting a student ticket that sounds like a smart plan to me.

Realistically, Iā€™m top 40 in loyalty points easy.

$1.500 & your wife.

A few guys on here would have probably given you $10,000+ if youā€™d have also taken their wife.

THIS. I love how high and mighty so many people are trying to sound, trying to show that they are the greatest fan ever.

Would it make me sick to sell my tickets? Hell yeah, and Iā€™d have a hard time forgiving myself. But if someone offered me thousands upon thousands of dollars, Iā€™d realize I could do a ton of good for my family, and for the school, with that money.

Saying youā€™d sell for an obscene amount of money doesnā€™t make you a bad fan, it makes you not an idiot.

I donā€™t know what my price would be. I donā€™t have to explain my fandom to anyone on here, you guys know it well. But there is an ungodly amount of money that I would accept for my tickets. But then Iā€™d donate a lot of it back to the school, and we would then have a stadium an facilities that blows everything else in the country away.

To you ā€œno amountā€ folks, hows the weather way up there on your pedestal?[/quote]

I think the folks who are saying no amount are talking about what a person might reasonably offer. For a few hundred a ticket no I wouldnā€™t take it, but yes of course if someone offered me 1K per ticket I would take it. But that offer isnā€™t coming. Lets be realistic in this discussion guys.[/quote]

Well if thatā€™s the case, then Iā€™m with them. No amount that someone MIGHT REASONABLY offer would get me to give up my tickets.

[quote=ā€œjfickett, post:40, topic:27946ā€]Its not about not wanting or needing the money. Itā€™s also not about trying to be the best fan ever. I have a tattoo to prove that ;D

I have a lot of debt that I would love to pay off. But money is fluid, and Iā€™ll probably make enough of it in my life to be content. I want the memories more than I want the money. [/quote]

Agree!

Say what you will, Iā€™ve had to wrestle with the idea that I wouldnā€™t be able to be there. There was a period of time after we moved up here that I really thought that it wasnā€™t going to be possible. I lost sleep over it. After experiencing what the simple idea of missing our first game did to me, I couldnā€™t imagine actually going through with it and making a conscious decision not to go.

This day is too important, has been too long in the making. Sure, that money could do a lot of good, but Iā€™m not being high-and-mighty. Iā€™m not trying to show that Iā€™m the greatest fan ever. Iā€™m being one hundred percent honest with you when I say that being there on August 31st of this year means more than any amount of money that you could put in front of me. Period.

Now, if it is an amount of money that would allow me to just buy another FSL or two, well, thatā€™s a different storyā€¦ but that blows this theoretical all to shit, doesnā€™t it?

Bought season tickets knowing that I would be lucky to make it to more than 2 games, and even then it would be a stretch (dissertation season!)

Echoing what Jfickett said ā€“ itā€™s about the memories and the feeling for me.

There is a reason you were fired.

Iā€™d sell my two seats for $4,000. Thatā€™s a nice week+ vacation somewhere. Iā€™d trade a memory for a memory. I wouldnā€™t put towards anything like the mortgage though.

Iā€™d also trade for a few years of season court side/floor basketball seats.

[quote=ā€œzerogeneticsdc, post:50, topic:27946ā€]Bought season tickets knowing that I would be lucky to make it to more than 2 games, and even then it would be a stretch (dissertation season!)

Echoing what Jfickett said ā€“ itā€™s about the memories and the feeling for me.[/quote]
Yep, me too. I purchased my season ticket with the knowledge Iā€™d probably only be able to get to the first game. I couldnā€™t see myself missing that game though.

Slightly off subject (but not much), the other game that will be a canā€™t miss (at least to me) is our first game officially playing FBS when we start the season with a ā€œtheoreticalā€ shot at a bowl game. Iā€™m probably in the minority, but to me that first game of FBS is as big if not bigger than our first game. That game will officially have meaning while our first game is more of a historical milestone.

Looking forward to the 1st night game.

I respectably disagree

I disagree with you on this. The first game is more important. The attitude that the FBS game is more important denigrates the efforts of every non FBS player and game out there. That outlook will result in eventually reaching the ā€œif we canā€™t play Alabama for the championship why are we botheringā€ situation. Every game matters because every game is fun, and every game has our team out there laying it on the line for us fans. I donā€™t care if we are FCS, FBS or any other level. The fact that we will have football in our stadium on our campus is what matters. And nothing will matter more than the first game. Not after all these years of waiting, hoping and dreaming of having football.

You only loose your virginity once, even if its with an ugly girl named Campbell its still the first.

Realistically, Iā€™m top 40 in loyalty points easy.[/quote]

I hate to be a buzzkill here, but its an open lottery for student seats. Loyalty points donā€™t matter.

Realistically, Iā€™m top 40 in loyalty points easy.[/quote]

I hate to be a buzzkill here, but its an open lottery for student seats. Loyalty points donā€™t matter.[/quote]

That seems wrong - but maybe it will get some students who havenā€™t been very involved with athletics more excited.