So We Meet Again

Well this wasn’t how I would picture it would be. Since we no longer share the same conference u probably don’t know much about my Bearcats, so I feel obliged to fill u in with a little scouting report on what u can expect from this team.

Eric Hicks is the heart and soul. He is a beast in the middle and will probably have to guard Curtis Withers who has about 2 inches on him. James White has improved tremendously, he is much more consistent and is getting to the rim in the halfcourt much better this year. Chadd Moore blows. Jihad Muhammad is much more consistent this season and has shot better, he is not as turnover prone but can occasionally still do stupid stuff. This team needs him to shoot 3s to have a chance to win. Cedric McGowan is a tough matchup because at 6 6 he can take a post player out on the wing and drive him or shoot. His problem is consistency, against syracuse he had 19 and 14 but usually gets around 6 and 6 a game, not good enough. Without question the X Factor for this team is 5 9 freshman Devan Downey. When he is on his game he is impossible to stop. UC is something like 15-4 when he scores 10 points, his problem is that he is not always aggressive enough but man he can be unbelievable to watch. With more strength and a better outside shot he WILL be better than STEVE LOGAN! Well if this team sounds scary they can be, but they can also be flat out terrible. Notice how I only named 6 guys, depth is an issue and consistency is too.

For charlotte to win they need to rebound, rebound, rebound! They have to make it a halfcourt game as well because Cincinnati is at their best in an uptempo game. Don’t turn the ball over either because Cincy will rarely turn it over more than 10 times in a game. Perimeter defense will be key too, because if Cincy shoots poorly beyond the arc they generally lose. I think since we got screwed out of a tournament bid, and since its the last day of exams friday, and its st. patricks day there wont be a lot of people there and it wont be your typical shoemaker center atmosphere, so i think if charlotte does what i just said they need to it will be a very tight game.

Sorry if this message is excessively long, i just like talking basketball and have always enjoyed the rivalry cincinnati had with charlotte.

Well its great that you come on here and talk civilized. Im not an analyst though, but I will say G’luck

Well if this team sounds scary they can be, but they can also be flat out terrible. Notice how I only named 6 guys, depth is an issue and consistency is too.
Holy deja vu Batman! ...although perhaps depth hasn't been too big an issue for us. In fact, depth has probably hurt us this year coughMitchcoughcough

[QUOTE=UCBearcats08;162287]I am a pissed off Cincy fan taking out my frustrations on the Niner board. We should have made the dance, Huggins should not have been fired, and our president is a retard. [/QUOTE]

FIXED. :smile:

Just kidding.

So, who are you guys gonna get for your next coach?

Downey is incredible to watch in a live game, and I can only imagine how he looks watching him in person.
I think DA and McGowan will seem to match up pretty well. He is a DA type of player, but DA can shoot the 3 a whole lot better.

If you haven’t seen any of our games this year, Baldwin has played terrible on offense and defense and if they stick him on Downey we will get destroyed. I only hope that Lutz sees that Leemire needs to guard him and we don’t need to bring up a post player when he drives. One fault on Downey is that he seems to force things sometimes if he is stuck without an out. But if Baldwin is on him, we can expect a long night because Mitch’s refusual to man up tight on D. Baldwin can match the quickness of Downey, but his defense this year has been terrible and I wouldn’t stick him on him if I were coach.

You can expect Curt to be big in this game. Hicks is a good player, but I expect Curt to take control on offense and defense. If we work our Offense through Curt then we can expect to win.

Oh yea, If you haven’t followed Niner basketball close the whole year, then you’ll be in for a surprise when you see Deangelo play. He is a heck of a player that can score 40+ if he catches fire beyond the arch (which has happened most of the season, but he hasn’t scored 40+ yet :biggrin:). He had 32 in the controversial loss @ GW.

i caught some of ur guys’ game with g dub at home and with indiana. just seeing withers’ dunk in the 1st half against indiana makes me worried for hicks.

i know alexander is an oklahoma transfer and thats about it, i remember him vaguely in those days as a pretty good player

and to answer the one guys question, we dont have a bleepin clue who the coach will be next year. weve heard everything from andy kennedy to skip prosser to karl hobbs. its unanimous among cincy fans that we want kennedy, but that is HIGHLY UNLIKELY because this administration blows.

but that is HIGHLY UNLIKELY because this administration blows.

HOLY CRAP!! MORE DEJA VU!! I’M GOING INSANE HERE!!

[QUOTE=UCBearcats08;162297]i caught some of ur guys’ game with g dub at home and with indiana. just seeing withers’ dunk in the 1st half against indiana makes me worried for hicks.

i know alexander is an oklahoma transfer and thats about it, i remember him vaguely in those days as a pretty good player[/QUOTE]

Yea, Alexander and Leemire are the 3 point assasins for us and Curt is there to work the post and rebound. That’s where majority of the Offense will come from unless Marcus Bennett goes on fire from the arch like he did against Fordham. If Baldwin contributes a lot, then I will be suprised. Nance, Coleman, and Courtney Williams usually will combine for 6-12 points. But if any of them are knocking down their jumpers then anyone of them can go for 10 + (besides maybe Courtney who is hesitant to shoot at times).

[QUOTE=Gill2003;162288]Well its great that you come on here and talk civilized. Im not an analyst though, but I will say G’luck[/QUOTE]

He’s probably a Eggzavier fan.

Maybe you sincy fans will get to see Lutz explode, get T’d up X2 and tossed. Or Leemire reacting as if he’s under assault in the 'hood, get T’d up and we lose by one at the buzzer. You’d really like that, and the sad thing is (for us)…IT COULD HAPPEN!!!

Wow! Nazi Zimpher is gonna bend over the UC faithful twice in two years. I just don’t get it why Zimpher wants to run the AD.

I don’t think our guards are quick enough to handle Downey and Muhammad. Leemire may have a better shot at guarding Downey. Put Mitch on Muhammad and force him to shoot over him. Alexander will get worn out trying to guard White. We’ll need Jamison to get some minutes. The Hicks - Withers battle is going to be fun to watch…err I mean listen to.

Hicks - Withers battle is going to be fun to watch...err I mean listen to.

Has anyone posted anything regarding how to watch/listen Friday’s game?

Thanks Lefty - I didn’t see the thread.

whoever just referred to me as a xavier fan just hit with a low blow. i assure you i hate that team.

[QUOTE=UCBearcats08;162469]whoever just referred to me as a xavier fan just hit with a low blow. i assure you i hate that team.[/QUOTE]

Civility is not a bearcat’s friend.

lol best believe it

Powerbait!!! WOW I hope your not calling me a X fan

[QUOTE=Gill2003;162477]Powerbait!!! WOW I hope your not calling me a X fan[/QUOTE]

No, the Zzzzaaavier fan that started this thread.