Soccer/Futbol thread ⚽

rose lavelle dancing GIF by Washington Spirit

1 Like

Wrapping up my 5 day 4 night 3 cities 2 teams trip to the UK.

Visited a bunch of pubs, rode a lot of public transit and nearly missed the flight outta Charlotte but it was a blast. Sadly Leicester dropped the match to Bournemouth but Norwich managed a draw today.

2 Likes

That looks pretty great to me. The back line has an aging Tim Ream and some don’t like Dest that much, but otherwise… :triumph::muscle:

clt says dest is not best

What do you think of the 2026 World Cup logo? :thinking:

Seems kinda basic.

1 Like

Episode 4 Art GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Late to resond, but would probably prefer Weah to Reyna in that starting lineup, assuming both are healthy. Even ignoring the recent drama (mostly not Gio’s fault beyond the initial flare-up) he really runs hot and cold in my view, Weah has been the more consistent spark for the offense in the USMNT games I’ve seen.

Good point. But I also love the fact that we seem to finally have a full roster including a #9 and a player of either Weah’s or Reyna’s caliber that we could bring off the bench as fresh legs or in an injury situation. If we had another defender of that caliber to bring off the bench, I’d be pretty stoked.

Conversely, the Internet seems completely defeated / bummed about the manager situation.

I just wanna see us have a really good run from this summer through WC '26. Everything seems to shaping up for it. I think this is potentially the best team we have been able to field at least since we made the quarters in 2002. I think we may be more talented than that team too, which I remember as having (for a change) overachieved.

He just needs to get out of that Chelsea crap show. Where ever he ends up, just hope he can stay healthy.

1 Like

Yep, Chelsea is a mess.

Juventus sems like it could be a good spot for Pulisic, big club, but not in Champions League next year, maybe not as rough as English football. Hoping he can havea light enough load to stay healthy.

Wonder where the Americans on Leeds will play next year with their relegation.