Southern Miss Away Game 2-1-20 3:00 Tip

Niners lead the series 29-7, which includes 12-3 in Hattiesburg. That said, USM has won past two games against us.

I think this game is a must win for us. You have to figure out a way to get a win against a team that hasn’t performed well even if it is on the road.

1 Like

Southern Miss shorthanded now with the academic suspension of two key members of their rotation. Basically down to seven players.

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/university-of-southern-mississippi/article239795123.html

https://www.hubcityspokes.com/sports-lesser-sports-slideshow-sports-usm-golden-eagles/shorthanded-golden-eagles-lose-old-dominion

2 Likes

All the more reason we should/must win this game.

usm lost at home to odu by ten last night. This is doable. So let’s do it. I think we will and think the team thinks so too. Make it so, NINERS!

2 Likes

NET numbers - Charlotte #155; USM #286

Delante Hill. Probably the only Former Niner I hold in total contempt. What happened to this guy? Something before he got to Charlotte!

1 Like

One more reason to beat their ass!

1 Like

I didn’t realize Hill had landed here. I am with Early, let’s put a brutal beating on them then ask Hill if he wants to meet us for a drink afterwards. He quit Charlotte by leaving Lutz a resignation on his answering machine and took off for Bobby Huggins and Kansas State with our best recruit ever.

1 Like

Yep, he proved himself to be trash.

1 Like

Let’s kick USM’s ass so bad that they fire Dalonte Hill!

1 Like

Spoke to nobody, cleaned out his desk and was gone. I have heard the story of Huggins phone call to Bobby asking permission to speak to Hill according to Will Burkholder(assistant at the time). I use to listen to Huggins Cincinnati basketball weekly show. Rude to his own fanbase. What a jerk

Huggins gave a Delonte salary of $400,000 as an assistant to go to Kansas State and bring Michael Beasley with him.

FWI, Dalonte Hill’s sister works in our AD now.

Bless her heart. I have no reason to believe she is anything but innocent of any shit Hill did.

Long as this game doesn’t come down to the wire like last year. That was a tough pill to swallow

Reading back through some of this, isn’t it ironic how he went from highest paid assistant coach in the country to an assistant at Austin Peay lol

Last season’s buzzer beater was the first time USM had won back to back games in the series. Anyway, Reed Green Coliseum has been pretty much a home away from home for us, so hopefully we come back to Halton with the road trip split.

1 Like