Southern Miss Away Game 2-1-20 3:00 Tip

Back to back poor games defensively. Very tough for this team to win games when the other teams shoot 50% FG and 40% from 3.

Hot garbage, not dumpster fire. However, both can be used to describe the niners play away from Halton arena.

3 Likes

no argument there. i thought you meant the program as a whole.

With first place North Texas losing to last place Rice, as well as second place WKU falling to FIU, about the only positive news for us today is we remain #4 in Pod One since we hold the tiebreakers with FAU and FIU - both 6-4 as well.

#1 North Texas 8-2
#2 LA Tech 8-2
#3 WKU 7-3
#4 CHARLOTTE 6-4

Upcoming games with the UT schools loom large with the F-U schools going back to back vs each other next week. Beat UTEP and UTSA so we go to 8-4 and hope FAU and FIU split to remain behind at 7-5.

if we had won today, we would have been a game out of 1st place. this really sitngs.

2 Likes

Sounded like a winnable game. Jahmir must be grinding his teeth! Hope he breaks loose when he gets home. (This is NOT to suggest he was the reason we lost. But we sure could have used his “A game”!

I understand what you are saying , but I was yelling for Edwards to stop shooting.
Thought coach should have subbed in a shooter for Edwards or Milos.

We really can’t shoot. I know some will disagree, but it shows on the road.

I defer to you! I “followed” on stats as much as I could. We had company so I had to excuse myself and go bleed my lizard SEVERAL times! Help is hopefully on the way. (For our offense, not my lizard.)

I fear your lizard may get help before our offense does

Is that a euphemism?

Season percentages actually show we are a pretty decent shooting team, but some games we don’t look like it. Young HAS killed us the last 2 games, regardless of how good he has been most of the season. This team cant afford for its leader to average 3 points over 2 straight road games. Young is 3-22 from the field, 0-12 from 3 and just 0-2 from the FT line the last 2 games.

…NM… (Please consider that a complete sentence. Thank you.)

I am choosing to think that Sanchez has fixed our Halton game (10-1) and will fix our away game (2-8) over the summer. Next year we are going to be incredible.

Bamba has been noticeably absent on the scoresheet these last two. Makes me nervous for next year

Coming home will give a good look into what this team is really all about and maybe some insight into what we can expect next year. At the same time, I’ve never really understood what the whole road-disadvantage is all about. (I was out for BB for about two weeks during my freshman year in HS and experienced a great epiphany! I was terrible! So my contribution is suspect.) The size of the court is standard. The goals are 10’ high. The circumfrence of the goals the same. Lighting? Noise? Huh? Help!

We are a dreadful road team. Sadly, there is now way to put a positive spin on how we play way from Halton. We need to figure out how to show up on the road- ASAP.

Regardless of the reasons, until we learn how to manage to win on the road, we’ll not move to being an overall good or great team. Period.

I always have to come back and read the messages after a bad loss. You guys always talk me off the ledge. No matter how bad i feel, I can’t compete with all the hair on fire comments. Thanks, guys!
Hell, we’re still 6-4 with a bye within reach. This sucked, but we need to get back to work and defend our home court. See you guys in Halton on Thursday.

clt suggests that we only play games at haltron

At the end of the season I think we will find that this is the record that we all hoped for in year 2. We just are not ready to be the top team in the conference, and it shows with a loss like this one.

2 Likes