Spears hopes to point 49ers toward success

Coleman, really? Why not compare him to someone like Nance or Clemmons? Say he’s a cross between Chris Nance and Curtis Withers. That sounds so much better.

Coleman, really? Why not compare him to someone like Nance or Clemmons? Say he's a cross between Chris Nance and Curtis Withers. That sounds so much better.

They weren’t very chunky.

[QUOTE=J Felt;422043]He kind of reminds me of Antwon Coleman.

But better. And tougher. And meaner. And better.

Maybe it’s just the fact that he’s chunky.[/QUOTE]

Spears has been hitting the weights HARD this sumer. See him in person and call him chunky haha. When he came here he might have been, but hes shed most of that…AND kept a lot of the weight. Its just muscle now.

He kind of reminds me of Antwon Coleman.

Maybe it’s just the fact that he’s chunky.

And better.

Spears has been hitting the weights HARD this sumer. [B]See him in person and call him chunky haha.[/B] When he came here he might have been, but hes shed most of that...AND kept a lot of the weight. Its just muscle now.

I will. And I’ll be wearing a Xavier shirt, and he’ll parlay his anger for me and my Xavier shirt into a deep seeded hatred and need to destroy.

That should work.

Love seeing him up in Singler’s grill like that. Don’t want him getting tossed, but I like the fire.

He kind of reminds me of Antwon Coleman.

Maybe it’s just the fact that he’s chunky.

Why did you have to compare him to him? ugh.

Coleman, really? Why not compare him to someone like Nance or Clemmons? Say he's a cross between Chris Nance and Curtis Withers. That sounds so much better.

Much better

They weren't very chunky.

Stop…

[IMG]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bNgfxbaO9gf0/340x.jpg[/IMG]

Love seeing him up in Singler’s grill like that. Don’t want him getting tossed, but I like the fire.

If they list him at 6’6" then Singler is bigger then the 6’8" he gets listed at, and he was measured at like 6’7 1/2" at Lebron’s camp, so someone is stretching their height…

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;422054]

If they list him at 6’6" then Singler is bigger then the 6’8" he gets listed at, and he was measured at like 6’7 1/2" at Lebron’s camp, [B]so someone is stretching their height[/B]…[/QUOTE]

Don’t they all do that?

[QUOTE=VA49er;422056]Don’t they all do that?[/QUOTE]

Elton Brand was about 6’4 1/2 in his Nikes. Duke listed him at 6’8.

I remember him being measured beside Rip Hamilton on Firestone’s show. Rip was maybe an inch shorter but listed at 6’4.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;422081]Elton Brand was about 6’4 1/2 in his Nikes. Duke listed him at 6’8.

I remember him being measured beside Rip Hamilton on Firestone’s show. Rip was maybe an inch shorter but listed at 6’4.[/QUOTE]

What’s the point? The whole 7 ft Iti thing comes to mind.

Don't they all do that?

I was saying it more tongue in cheek than anything. I just think it’s funny when people say he is short for a PF others shoot back that he’s 6’6" and that’ll get it done in the A10. Having stood by the guy at Pics, he might have been 6’5" in shoes.

I just always find it funny how size gets amped into this huge thing and then nobody is the height they are listed at.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;422090]
I just always find it funny how size gets amped into this huge thing and then nobody is the height they are listed at.[/QUOTE]

Me also, which is why I was wondering why schools list players higher than those players actually are. There has to be a reason since it seems lots of programs do that. Maybe it’s for media/recruiting/buzz???

Me also, which is why I was wondering why schools list players higher than those players actually are. There has to be a reason since it seems lots of programs do that. Maybe it's for media/recruiting/buzz???

Ehh. In HS we would be listed an inch or so higher, depending on your actual height. We had a guy who was 5’6" but they listed him as 5’9".

My 11th grade year I was listed as 6’8" for the state tourney and I was only 6’2". Needless to say, I received plenty of awkward looks.

Niners hoops players I remember with attitude.

Eddie Basden, Leemire Goldwire and Dijuan Harris.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;422127]Niners hoops players I remember with attitude.

Eddie Basden, Leemire Goldwire and Dijuan Harris.[/QUOTE]

Chris Nance? Demon Brown? Rodney White? Cal Clemmons? Demon Brown? Vincent Grier? De’Angelo Alexander? Demon Brown?

[QUOTE=Powerbait;422128]Chris Nance? Demon Brown? Rodney White? Cal Clemmons? Demon Brown? Vincent Grier? De’Angelo Alexander? Demon Brown?[/QUOTE]

michael gerrity.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;422128]Chris Nance? Demon Brown? Rodney White? Cal Clemmons? Demon Brown? Vincent Grier? De’Angelo Alexander? Demon Brown?[/QUOTE]

ok, an attitude that actually was worth a damn.

Spears to me is a cross between Zimmerman and Clemmons. Floor leadership of Zimmerman with the nastiness and power of Clemmons.

It will be good to see some techs this year. Hopefully rubs off and puts a Demon like nasty streak in Jones.

[quote=NinerAdvocate;422053]

It’s great to have a talent on the team that wont get caught up in the aura of DUKE. Hopefully we will just go in there and play to win. I was so fortunate to be one of the many Niner fans that watched Charlotte pound NC State with Rodney, Cam and Demon…

talent, attitude, and luv!
i hope we have them back!