Spears staying or going?

I think Phil has the right attitude though:

ā€œI just want a new coach.ā€

Looks like he removed it.

Thatā€™s true with any player and a new coaching change.

There were direct comments about him being a black hole on offense, shooting 20 fade aways a game and being a loose cannon in regards to last season. Those comments didnā€™t have anything to do with next season.

I want Shamari on the team next year. The dude is a beast. I love his fire and passion - he just needs to channel it in the right direction. He got all in Sirinā€™s face at one point and that irked me. A new coach might be able to help him keep his emotions in check, but maintain the chip on his shoulder. I would love to see him learn to pass the ball out before the double arrives.

Thatā€™s true with any player and a new coaching change.

There were direct comments about him being a black hole on offense, shooting 20 fade aways a game and being a loose cannon in regards to last season. Those comments didnā€™t have anything to do with next season.[/quote]

Am I that far off? I am certainly not the first or only person to say this.

Like Iā€™ve said. WE NEED THE SCORING. Iā€™m not going to complain when they are going in, but that still doesnā€™t make them ā€œgoodā€ shots.

I want Shamari on the team next year. I just want it to be ABOUT THE TEAM. From what Iā€™ve seen, I donā€™t know how he (or about 80% of the rest of our players) are going to feel about being ā€œreigned in.ā€

Like metro saidā€¦1/13th of the equation

Facebook and Twitter have been and will continue to be the best possible place to say the dumbest damn things.

It was a dumb comment, I hope he realizes that. I also hope I see Shamari in uniform next November.

I agree. We need him on the team next year if we hope to be winning some games. Heā€™s upset now and thats easy to understand. I hope he really takes to whoever we hire and comes back ready to kick some ass.

I could be wrong, but I feel like the next guy that comes in is going to be a 180 degree change from Lutz, good or bad.

If the players can adapt, great. If not, good luck elsewhere. Spears is weapon on offense but heā€™s about as useful on D as Ian.

I hope the next guy that comes in changes that additude for everyone. Defense isnā€™t something you tolerate until you get the ball back, itā€™s kinda important.

Spears, if he comes back, needs to get into better shape as well- that irks the hell out of me.

[quote=ā€œhootie, post:7, topic:22867ā€][quote=ā€œeason49, post:6, topic:22867ā€][quote=ā€œjfickett, post:5, topic:22867ā€]i can confirm this.

Shamari Spears is thinkin bout not returning next yearā€¦Yesterday at 3:38pm Ā· Comment Ā· Like

if we bring a disciplinarian in here, heā€™s gone. I personally witnessed him getting ejected from practice last year, and have heard from multiple people that it has happened on more than 2-3 occasions. We need the scoring, but we dont need the ball hogging.

Like someone said above, we need to hire a coach soon and get him in here settling things down.[/quote]
What the heck did he do to get ejected from practice by Lutz?[/quote]

Passed up an open 3ā€¦[/quote]

FTW

Seriously, I hope he stays. I think it is bad for the program when any player leaves regardless of attitude.

We need to have Spears as a 49er next year. Plain and simple.

i dont get where people think this thread is trashing Spears.

I donā€™t know anyone that wouldnā€™t want him to be on the team next year. No one would argue that. No one can argue heā€™s not a hot-head either. The dude can play. That said, his facebook message sends the wrong signal about wanting to be on the 2010-11 Charlotte 49ers squad.

We know what he can give us. I just want him 100% there next year mentally and physically and as a team player. Not angry because Lutz was fired.

[quote=ā€œPowerbait, post:57, topic:22867ā€][quote=ā€œNormmm, post:54, topic:22867ā€][quote=ā€œsreniN, post:25, topic:22867ā€]wow. im kinda surprised by these responses. Spears is a quality player that helps us out a lot.

i understand the sentiments, but we really need to keep him to be a top of the league contender next year.[/quote]

Thereā€™s been Spearā€™s bashing once the team started to go south. I donā€™t get it either. He was the focal point of our offense, that demanded double and triple teams from opposing teams.

Before he got here, there was a picture floating around of him jawing with Kyle Singler. People were saying ā€œI love it. We havenā€™t had a player with attitude for a long timeā€. The team was accused of not nutting up against Duke and ODU. Spears was about the only one to intimidate. Now all of a sudden heā€™s a cancer.[/quote]

Back to the age old question, who does our fan base hate more, the team or each other?[/quote]

Each other, but only because Ianā€™s gone.

Hitler was very passionate[/quote]

Hitler was a shitty basketball player though.[/quote]

Yea but after a few trips up and down the court he was always gassedā€¦

Didnā€™t he play for Kentucky?

Hitler was very passionate[/quote]

Hitler was a shitty basketball player though.[/quote]

Yea but after a few trips up and down the court he was always gassedā€¦[/quote]

I tried very hard not to laugh

but failed

There is word out there that his Facebook and Twitter accounts might have been hacked. So, there may be reason for some to relax and save their ammunition until they hear an official statement from Spears or the University.

from the almost always correct cynic in me- yeah right.

from the almost always correct cynic in me- yeah right.[/quote]

Heard this from Tim, the Niner Report site writer.

from the almost always correct cynic in me- yeah right.[/quote]

aka damage control aka spin aka bs

I highly doubt someone hacked his account just to post that statusā€¦