Stamats update from Alumni magazine

Just wait until the Chancellor says "No" to football.

AWWWWWWW [profanity]!!!

HP, you have to be joking. You dont spend… I mean WASTE $250,000 to ignore an in depth, extensive study.

So the results said “get football and change your name.” Well of course they don’t like it, but then again, you coulda given me $250 and I woulda told em the same thing. ****, I woulda told em for free.

I heard a rumor that the entire Stamats study had been tossed out, the administration didn't like what they got (which of course, was the truth).

Back to square one. :unhappy:

Are you serious!!! Are we going to get that 250K back to add for football???

Edit: Looks like Central beat me to it, Ditto

NinerCentral, it’s happened before, spending big $ and ignore it. I hope not this time.
Dubois is a dictator, pure and simple.

Ninercentral, they were not happy with what was done by Stamats and all association with them has ceased.

[QUOTE=HP49er;284705]Ninercentral, they were not happy with what was done by Stamats and all association with them has ceased.[/QUOTE]
So… the school just wasted $250,000. What was DuBois wanting to hear?

Wow…just…wow.

Honestly, who didn’t see this coming a mile away?

Very few people other than the Chancellor saw this study as worth our time and money.

Use the assets on campus. We have a top-notch Business School with a Marketing Major, an Arts Dept., Communications Majors, etc…

Why did we need to spend $250K on something they could’ve done themselves?

Form student/alumni/community/staff focus groups to talk about the future of the school. Take their comments/advice/complaints and turn into results. Seriously, people! Don’t waste money, use what you already have!

So.... the school just wasted $250,000. What was DuBois wanting to hear?

He wants to hear, "Don’t do football, change your colors to blue, and get replace “…at Charlotte” with “…at Chapel Hill in Charlotte”

OK, that’s a little harsh. But I don’t know if our school actually paid the money or if it was given to us from the UNC System.

The $250,000 was from the UNC Charlotte budget. If the study was done, UNC administration was to provide around $1 million to implement changes.

[B]We [COLOR=Green]R[/COLOR] Charlotte[/B], my gosh!

[QUOTE=J Felt;284713]He wants to hear, "Don’t do football, change your colors to blue, and get replace “…at Charlotte” with “…at Chapel Hill in Charlotte”

OK, that’s a little harsh. [/QUOTE] Yea, it’s a little harsh but I’m inclined to agree with you. Let’s hope we’re wrong. It’s possible he simply realized this study was not in depth enough.

I believe he’s searching for a reason to prevent football. Honestly, I do.

I believe he's searching for a reason to prevent football. Honestly, I do.

Let’s all hope this isn’t true.

The fact that he’s not at all vocal about football anymore scares me. If any iota of him was pro football, he would’ve said, “yes, of course yes. let’s do it.” already. But he’s been quiet, looking for a solid excuse to say no.

There are a thousand things right with this University, but 2 really bad things hold it back all the time.

I hear it all the time when I give tours…“Why no football?!”

I believe he's searching for a reason to prevent football. Honestly, I do.

Are you serious, so the pics taken of him “tossing a football” were just for PR I’m guessing, he doesn’t want to go through the work of putting together a team. Is that he keeps saying they need more time to “make a decision?”

Let’s hope that’s not his goal - the school is going to lose a lot of support and the athletics are going to lose a lot of money. That’s not what I want, but I expect (at least an attempt at) progress for my money.

as long as we are UNC Charlotte, not a thing will matter. You can spend a billion dollars on branding, but if our website is a name that we don't even recognize anymore then you can't even leave the batters box to see if you could knock one out of the park.

Quick someone tell me the slogan is for 3 other universities? You can’t without looking it up. I doubt many can tell you 1.

Ours should be “What it is…Uh Huh”

I heard a rumor that the entire Stamats study had been tossed out, the administration didn't like what they got (which of course, was the truth).

Back to square one. :unhappy:

Not the entire Stamats study was thrown out… but about 75% of it was. Oh well… better than forever becoming We R

This sucks. I can’t believe they actually tried to pitch that and stuck with it. When will we see or hear what they held onto from the study?

This is why we are near the bottom in funding.

What companies have the other UNC system schools used for this? Was that researched beforehand? Or was it a “top of the google search” kind of thing?

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;284750]Not the entire Stamats study was thrown out… but about 75% of it was. Oh well… better than forever becoming We R[/QUOTE]

All the surveys taken from students, alumni, and faculty were pretty valuable I would think. My opinion is that we were just not happy with teh “brands” tehy came up with. After $250,000, they came up with “Clarity” and “We R Charlotte.” My feedback to them was 1) Clarity is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of the University, in fact I thik the opposite and 2) The lesser of the 2 evils is the “We R Charlotte” but a gruop of drunkeen students could have come up with that after watching We are Marshall.

I’m surprised to hear this news HP, especially considering Dr. Phil made it a point to talk about Stamats extensively in his letter in the alumni magazine. Maybe we are moving ahead and creating our own brand using what they gave us as a starting point??