Stamats update from Alumni magazine

I heard a rumor that the entire Stamats study had been tossed out, the administration didn't like what they got (which of course, was the truth).

Back to square one. :unhappy:

[SIZE=5]what?[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]what? [/SIZE]

QFT!

Is this real?

well the “we R Charlotte” thing was extraordinarily gay

I’ve got the slogan that the admins would have loved… It eludes to the potential of the university and our future growth.

“Just [B]U[/B] wait [B]'N C[/B]!”

:biggrin:

SERIOUS QUESTION: Were the findings disputed or was it a problem with the suggestions? Their suggestions were comical and it’s our fault for selecting these knuckleheads, but I thought some of the data they presented about how people perceived the university, etc. was very valuable. If that was also being tossed, I’d be deeply, deeply disturbed about what Dubois’ true motives are.

This lengthy memo, dated January 2, 2008, was sent to employees/friends of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. See if y’all read this the same way that I do… looking for a reason to say NO!

[QUOTE]The work of the Football Feasibility Committee, chaired by Mac Everett, is winding down. I expect to receive the formal report and recommendations of this group sometime in February, but it has already been widely reported that the Committee will recommend that UNC Charlotte initiate a football program. After reviewing the report with my staff, I intend to take my own recommendations to the Board of Trustees sometime in the spring or summer.

I know there is intense interest among some alumni and members of the public in answer to the question of whether UNC Charlotte will be starting a football program. However, because of the very significant implications of such a decision for Athletics and, indeed, the entire institution, I’m going to be more concerned about making a good decision than a quick one.

[B]Another factor that affects the initiation of a football program is a recent decision by the NCAA Division Board of Directors to impose a four-year moratorium upon the addition of any new institutions into either the Football Bowl Subdivision (what most of us still call Division I-A) or the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (what most of us still call Division I-AA). The precise explanation for why this moratorium was needed can be debated, but ostensibly it was motivated by a vast set of concerns about the NCAA’s divisional governance structure and evolving definitions concerning what it means to be a Division I football institution. [COLOR=Blue]So, whether we like it or not, it will not be possible to initiate a football program until the moratorium is lifted.[/COLOR] In the meantime, several NCAA study groups are at work.[/B][/QUOTE]
That is not what the moratorium says, it means you can’t play until the moratorium is lifted and we would not be playing before then.

Link: [URL=http://www.administration.uncc.edu/chancellor/Newsletters/Winter%20Newsletter%20(2)%201-2008.pdf][B][U]Update on Current Issues and Activities[/U][/B][/URL], Dr. Phil Dubois, January 2, 2008

If Chancellor Dubois doesn’t recommend football, and uses this silly excuse, then I (hopefully along with many others) will send the University of North Carolina an email, letter, whatever basically stating that Dubois isn’t fulfilling his responsiblity as chancellor to work within the best interest of the school and needs to be reviewed.

I don’t know if anything would be done, but if a lot of people gets on it, then maybe something could possibly get done. Dubois, don’t make the mistake of going against the masses, you aren’t going to win.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;284951]Dubois, don’t make the mistake of going against the masses, you aren’t going to win.[/QUOTE]
Somehow I see the Ninjas and the Pirates combining forces on this one.

well the "we R Charlotte" thing was extraordinarily gay
QFT

I still don’t understand how a supposedly reputable firm comes up with a slogan like We R Charlotte.

I thought their data was pretty good in terms of responses to the surveys, but their conclusions were ehh.

This lengthy memo, dated January 2, 2008, was sent to employees/friends of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. See if y'all read this the same way that I do... looking for a reason to say NO!

That is not what the moratorium says, it means you can’t play until the moratorium is lifted and we would not be playing before then.

Link: Update on Current Issues and Activities, Dr. Phil Dubois, January 2, 2008

This post needs its own thread, when that happens I’ll lay into it.

I still don't understand how a supposedly reputable firm comes up with a slogan like We R Charlotte.

I thought their data was pretty good in terms of responses to the surveys, but their conclusions were ehh.

From what I’ve seen, it seems like they have a Marketing firm that worked hard to get “numbers people”, but forgot about hiring creative minded people.

I intend to take my own recommendations to the Board of Trustees sometime in the spring or summer.

So he’ll make his decision on September 21st, which is the last day of summer.

Do we have a link to the entire stamats report?

HP, you are starting to scare me with these posts. I fear what would happen to the support and perception of this school if Dubois declines to pursue football now. All of the buzz and excitement that has been growing for the last 8+ months could be squashed very quickly if he chose to do so.

I understand not wanting to rush into a big decision like this, but the committee has unanimously voted… what exactly is happening right now? Is Dubois just “thinking it over?” Hasn’t he had enough time to do that?

well the "we R Charlotte" thing was extraordinarily gay

It was gay. But it pisses me off that Dr Phil didnt have the ability to see that spending a quarter of a million dollars to get a bunch of suits to tell you some crap that you could and have been getting from dedicated alumni and students for years.

The suggestions, like “we R Charlotte”, were awful. Like 9th grade creative writing class awful. But there was a lot of hard truths presented in that report. The lack of identity, the need for football, a more vocal presence in the community. All of this stuff is true. And all though he didnt need to spend a **** load of money to get that information (NNN is FREE DR PHIL!!!), to simply scrap the entire project gives the implication that he didnt like what he saw, so he is taking his ball and going home.

I used to say, there is no way that this idiot will put together a football committee, to then ignore all their work and recomendation and vote against football. After watching him wipe his ass with a quarter million dollars worth of tax payer dollars…I’m starting to think he will do just that.

That is not what the moratorium says, it means you can't play until the moratorium is lifted and we would not be playing before then.

That’s right. Could you imagine Davidson College saying, “Well, the NCAA is conducting a study - so we can’t play football until it’s over.”

All the NCAA is doing is trying to figure out what changes need to be made (if any) for moving programs among the different levels. In fact, the changes will be retroactive - so if the Delaware Hens meet a new criteria for IA during, say, a 4 year moratorium - they will retroactively be classified as Div 1A from the start of that 4 year period.

The moratorium’s intent is not to stop Charlotte from going about their business in initiating football. The only person who thinks so is Judy (based on what I saw in those football meeting videos).

I used to say, there is no way that this idiot will put together a football committee, to then ignore all their work and recomendation and vote against football. After watching him wipe his ass with a quarter million dollars worth of tax payer dollars...I'm starting to think he will do just that.

It would really really hit the fan if that happened, as much as I love following the 49ers it would be very very hard to keep supporting an Athletic dept that doesn’t seem to care about what’s best for the program. I will always support the school because I have two degree’s from it, but supporting the athletic program with time and money will be very hard to do.

If he does turn it down this summer I hope everyone on this board writes him an email and clarifies how much money is not going to the Athletic dept for next year. I think that’s the only thing he will listen to.

This lengthy memo, dated January 2, 2008, was sent to employees/friends of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. See if y'all read this the same way that I do... looking for a reason to say NO!

Link: Update on Current Issues and Activities, Dr. Phil Dubois, January 2, 2008

Did anybody else notice Phil’s “update” was dated January 2, 2007? Nice job of proofreading Phil! I wish that was the only thing wrong with it!

Damn, if he screws up this football deal, I may pay him a visit myself!

:unhappy:

I used to say, there is no way that this idiot will put together a football committee, to then ignore all their work and recomendation and vote against football. After watching him wipe his ass with a quarter million dollars worth of tax payer dollars...I'm starting to think he will do just that.

speechless

[QUOTE=EE9er;285001]It would really really hit the fan if that happened, as much as I love following the 49ers it would be very very hard to keep supporting an Athletic dept that doesn’t seem to care about what’s best for the program. I will always support the school because I have two degree’s from it, but supporting the athletic program with time and money will be very hard to do.

If he does turn it down this summer I hope everyone on this board writes him an email and clarifies how much money is not going to the Athletic dept for next year. I think that’s the only thing he will listen to.[/QUOTE]
That’s just it EE, every department on the campus will suffer. But let’s be clear, it’s not the ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT that is anti-football. I’d say that’s totally untrue.

The annual fund telephone drive will be starting up shortly. I’m sure some will choose to tell the student callers that they are sorry, but are withholding their donations until Dr. Phil makes his decision.