Starcraft 2

If you liked #1, you’re gonna love #2.

Damn I’m rusty.

Did you pre-order and get a beta key?

Yep. FYI, It took a few days for the key to show up.

It plays a whole lot like the last one - and that’s a good thing. I ran over a guy with a fast carrier build + a mothership (does the cloaking field that arbiters used to do), plus some light air support. Carriers arent as OP though this time around. I lost my whole fleet to some new terran ground units that just mowed them down (luckily I had wave #2 already en route).

Players are still learning the game. You can tell the old school players cause they use units they know, and Ive yet to run anybody in the novice matchups that knows the special abilities of the new units very well. Still a lot to learn.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1, topic:23173”]If you liked #1, you’re gonna love #2.

Damn I’m rusty.[/quote]

Agreed. Game is awesome. And I’m so rusty.

Yep. FYI, It took a few days for the key to show up.

If you order at a Gamestop the key is on the receipt. Download takes forever though.

It plays a whole lot like the last one - and that's a good thing. I ran over a guy with a fast carrier build + a mothership (does the cloaking field that arbiters used to do), plus some light air support. Carriers arent as OP though this time around. I lost my whole fleet to some new terran ground units that just mowed them down (luckily I had wave #2 already en route).

I miss goons and corsairs. I used to own with mass dragoon armies + high templars + corsairs. I used to love when someone came at me with a carrier fleet and my templars and corsairs just shredded them. GG usually followed.

I’m trying to figure out some new strats but I haven’t found any great ones yet. The new air to air units aren’t nearly as good since they don’t have that disable ability. I agree that carriers are toned down. The dragoon replacement is decent but for some reason I don’t like them as much.

NA has revealed himself

I used to play starcraft back in the day.

I don’t think my computer is up to date enough to run starcraft anymore, since I started gaming on consoles I haven’t really kept up my computer. I wonder…

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:5, topic:23173”]

NA has revealed himself[/quote]

Quality. Probably not far from the truth. It’s hard to go out to bars every night with a demanding job and two kids, and I’d rather RTS nerd than sit around watching American Idol like the rest of the drooling masses.

I don’t think I have a video card, but if its nothing more then that, i’ll have to see what the feasibility committee says.

C Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection

[quote=“Gill2003, post:7, topic:23173”]I used to play starcraft back in the day.

I don’t think my computer is up to date enough to run starcraft anymore, since I started gaming on consoles I haven’t really kept up my computer. I wonder…[/quote]

New one is a mdoern 3D game. Im not sure what the specs are, but I have a decent little machine (dual core Athlon 5600/4GB DDR/9800 GT) and it was churnin hard to play it.

I like this better than my 360 games. I burned out on CoD/BF:BC really fast. I’ve whined before about it, but those games are all reflexes and not much thinking. Those crazy Korean kids play SC like that, with everything hotkeyed, and I cant hang, but against average joes, the smarter, barsher player usually wins. I just cant find anything on the 360 that keeps me interested for more than a couple weeks. Even madden, etc.

[quote=“Gill2003, post:9, topic:23173”]I don’t think I have a video card, but if its nothing more then that, i’ll have to see what the feasibility committee says.

C Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection[/quote]

never ever play this game with a minimum spec machine. the recommended is more realistic. If they dont have them, I’d play with no less than double the ram they say, and the vid card upa notch too.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:8, topic:23173”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:5, topic:23173”]

NA has revealed himself[/quote]

Quality. Probably not far from the truth. It’s hard to go out to bars every night with a demanding job and two kids, and I’d rather RTS nerd than sit around watching American Idol like the rest of the drooling masses.[/quote]

I can agree… once my boys goes to bed I usually turn on my 360 to shoot some people in the face, real stress reliever. Diablo is still better.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:10, topic:23173”][quote=“Gill2003, post:7, topic:23173”]I used to play starcraft back in the day.

I don’t think my computer is up to date enough to run starcraft anymore, since I started gaming on consoles I haven’t really kept up my computer. I wonder…[/quote]

New one is a mdoern 3D game. Im not sure what the specs are, but I have a decent little machine (dual core Athlon 5600/4GB DDR/9800 GT) and it was churnin hard to play it.

I like this better than my 360 games. I burned out on CoD/BF:BC really fast. I’ve whined before about it, but those games are all reflexes and not much thinking. Those crazy Korean kids play SC like that, with everything hotkeyed, and I cant hang, but against average joes, the smarter, barsher player usually wins. I just cant find anything on the 360 that keeps me interested for more than a couple weeks. Even madden, etc.[/quote]

You can play it on low settings with the min specs but it won’t look nearly as pretty.

How your guys find the energy I have no idea. After working all day, picking up two kids, feeding them, getting them bathed, reading/practicing ABC’s etc with them and finally getting them to bed, I am dog tired. Man, life after college is brutal.

How your guys find the energy I have no idea. After working all day, picking up two kids, feeding them, getting them bathed, reading/practicing ABC’s etc with them and finally getting them to bed, I am dog tired. Man, life after college is brutal.[/quote]

My youngest was just diagnosed with a bad case of acid reflux, and cant sleep through the night. If i don’t do something other than play daddy, I’ll lose it. Niner/Panther games are usually enough, but it’s the offseason…

How your guys find the energy I have no idea. After working all day, picking up two kids, feeding them, getting them bathed, reading/practicing ABC’s etc with them and finally getting them to bed, I am dog tired. Man, life after college is brutal.[/quote]

I do all that… I just don’t have a bitch of a wife to add to it anymore.

There are RTS on 360. There are also turn-based strategy games that you can play multiplayer. RTS aren’t as frequent, but they are out there and get good reviews.

Shooters are only reflexes at the lowest level, if you can’t work as a team you’re not gonna last in competitive play. I understand if you’re not good enough to get to the level of competitive play, however, that it can be extremely frustrating.

PC gaming is okay, but it is just such a hassle. Eventually someone is going to find the perfect mix for RTS on a controller and you’re gonna see that genre gravitate to consoles also. It took Halo for the console to finally take the FPS market. The PC crowd often says that a controller can’t match a mouse/keyboard but boy those FPS on consoles sure are outselling their PC counterparts.

It gets easier dude- trust me.

I absolutely rape on battlefield games. That isn’t the issue. And what teamwork? Everytime you try to get some going, some 14 year old brat starts heckling and trying to win the kills scoreboard. I’d rather have my brother over to my house for a couple of beers and a game of madden. At least then, I can punch him when I lose.

And RTS games on Console are godawful. I’ve owned a few. All miserable. They even made SC for the N64 back in the day and it was a miserable failure. I made the mistake of renting that one for giggles that quickly turned into one of those Gamefly commercials…

I do all that… I just don’t have a b**** of a wife to add to it anymore.[/quote]

Understood.