State of Charlotte Flag

Oh I am sure we could get one madeā€¦

I would think now would be the easiest time to confront this with the whole academic fraud situation.

Iā€™ve wanted one for a long time. Was never able to find one to buy and couldnā€™t get myself to get one made.

I think you should just stick ā€œState of Charlotteā€ on it. Why create controversy with those opposed to the name change over a flag? Why not create something that unites people, rather than divides them. This is our opportunity to have a brand like ā€œ#havoc.ā€ ā€œState of Charlotteā€ gives the fans something to rally together under, ā€œUniversity of Charlotteā€ divides the generations of fans.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:19, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:18, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œVA49er, post:17, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:8, topic:27896ā€]Love this idea and I love the design.

How about just ā€œCharlotte 49ersā€ on the top and ā€œEstablished 1946ā€ on the bottom.[/quote]
I like this idea.[/quote]

I do too, but Iā€™m concerned with the copyright issues that would come with it.[/quote]

Stick with University of Charlotte. We really need to start socializing that and any opportunity to explain why we need to change it is a good one. THere are going to be a lot of alums who are not going to be crazy about it and something like this is a good way to get them talking so we can counter.[/quote]

Aside from the obvious copyright issues, another concern I have is that I donā€™t want this to be a divisive political statement. I want a flag that everybody in the tailgating lot can look at and say ā€œThatā€™s our flag.ā€ When I say everybody, I mean thatā€¦ not just those who are pro-name change.

This flag was inspired by the #StateOfCharlotte hashtag that was started by a coach and is starting to take on a life of its own. The fans have adopted it, and that is a huge part of the reason that I love it so much. I want to unify, not divide.

Iā€™m as pro-name change as the any of you, but there are other ways to strike up that conversation. Anti-name change folks are likely going to be more apt to talk about a flag that says ā€œState of Charlotteā€ than one that says ā€œUniversity of Charlotteā€ anyway. Somebody who does approach us to talk about it is already going to have it in mind that weā€™re wrong, so weā€™re already at a disadvantage in the conversation if we really want to convince them to see it our way.

[quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:25, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:19, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:18, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œVA49er, post:17, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:8, topic:27896ā€]Love this idea and I love the design.

How about just ā€œCharlotte 49ersā€ on the top and ā€œEstablished 1946ā€ on the bottom.[/quote]

I do too, but Iā€™m concerned with the copyright issues that would come with it.[/quote]

Stick with University of Charlotte. We really need to start socializing that and any opportunity to explain why we need to change it is a good one. THere are going to be a lot of alums who are not going to be crazy about it and something like this is a good way to get them talking so we can counter.[/quote]

Aside from the obvious copyright issues, another concern I have is that I donā€™t want this to be a divisive political statement. I want a flag that everybody in the tailgating lot can look at and say ā€œThatā€™s our flag.ā€ When I say everybody, I mean thatā€¦ not just those who are pro-name change.

This flag was inspired by the #StateOfCharlotte hashtag that was started by a coach and is starting to take on a life of its own. The fans have adopted it, and that is a huge part of the reason that I love it so much. I want to unify, not divide.

Iā€™m as pro-name change as the any of you, but there are other ways to strike up that conversation. Anti-name change folks are likely going to be more apt to talk about a flag that says ā€œState of Charlotteā€ than one that says ā€œUniversity of Charlotteā€ anyway. Somebody who does approach us to talk about it is already going to have it in mind that weā€™re wrong, so weā€™re already at a disadvantage in the conversation if we really want to convince them to see it our way.[/quote]

THIS

[quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:25, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:19, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:18, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œVA49er, post:17, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:8, topic:27896ā€]Love this idea and I love the design.

Iā€™m as pro-name change as the any of you, but there are other ways to strike up that conversation. Anti-name change folks are likely going to be more apt to talk about a flag that says ā€œState of Charlotteā€ than one that says ā€œUniversity of Charlotteā€ anyway. Somebody who does approach us to talk about it is already going to have it in mind that weā€™re wrong, so weā€™re already at a disadvantage in the conversation if we really want to convince them to see it our way.[/quote]

Excellent points sirā€¦

Those are good points to me. I like State of Charlotte, simpleā€¦no need to do the whole Great Seal of the State of Charlotte.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:19, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:18, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œVA49er, post:17, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:8, topic:27896ā€]Love this idea and I love the design.

Stick with University of Charlotte. We really need to start [size=3]socializing[/size] that and any opportunity to explain why we need to change it is a good one. THere are going to be a lot of alums who are not going to be crazy about it and something like this is a good way to get them talking so we can counter.[/quote]Ugh! I hate this term, and NWA, our industry loves it. How ironic is it that people apparently feel that the word ā€œcommunicatingā€ doesnā€™t communicate what they want so they use this jargon instead. I want it to go the way of ā€œparadigm shiftā€ and ā€œsynergyā€ as quickly as possible. Sorry to rant.

[size=2][font=trebuchet ms]http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/magazine/04FOB-onlanguage-t.html[/font][/size]

http://www.nava.org/flag-design/good-flag-bad-flag/no-lettering-or-seals

A good flag should be easy enough for a child to replicate.

[quote=ā€œThe White Samurai, post:30, topic:27896ā€]http://www.nava.org/flag-design/good-flag-bad-flag/no-lettering-or-seals

A good flag should be easy enough for a child to replicate.[/quote]

That website was very educational for someone who knows nothing of flag making

What about something like this?

Used on online photo editor so excuse the hard edges.

clt wants more gold.

[quote=ā€œHooner49, post:33, topic:27896ā€]What about something like this?

Used on online photo editor so excuse the hard edges.[/quote]

Love it. Want one.

[quote=ā€œChisox17, post:35, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œHooner49, post:33, topic:27896ā€]What about something like this?

Love it. Want one.[/quote]

What about one with this on one side and the seal in place of the crown on the other? Just a thoughtā€¦

change the city crown, to the school pointed crown imo.

if you were wanting to make it more athletic, you could add some pickheads to the upper corners, though i imagine that isnā€™t the look youā€™re going for.

Instead of a crown at the centerā€¦how about a pick axe?

That smel[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:36, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œChisox17, post:35, topic:27896ā€][quote=ā€œHooner49, post:33, topic:27896ā€]What about something like this?

Love it. Want one.[/quote]

What about one with this on one side and the seal in place of the crown on the other? Just a thoughtā€¦[/quote]

Smells expensive.

I definitely like the crown, though. When I get home Iā€™ll look into combining themā€¦ I would like to integrate the ā€œState of Charlotteā€ text into it, regardless of what JFelt says. Because JFelt is Canadian, and therefore wrong about flags.

[quote=ā€œAnborn, post:37, topic:27896ā€]change the city crown, to the school pointed crown imo.

if you were wanting to make it more athletic, you could add some pickheads to the upper corners, though i imagine that isnā€™t the look youā€™re going for.[/quote]

Exactlyā€¦ I donā€™t want to get too athletic or too gimmicky.

That being said, thereā€™s an awesome idea swimming around in my head right now. Iā€™ll work on it more when I get home.