Still time to turn the season around?

He was on a pitch count and will start a game this weekend. Couldnt’t make it out but hope they show better this weekend that they did tonight.
Duke does have several top 25 wins so credit to them. But State is much better so I’m not expecting much from tomorrow either.

[quote=“sydh, post:21, topic:26691”]He was on a pitch count and will start a game this weekend. Couldnt’t make it out but hope they show better this weekend that they did tonight.
Duke does have several top 25 wins so credit to them. But State is much better so I’m not expecting much from tomorrow either.[/quote]

Games vs. Duke and NC State don’t matter. In fact, I prefer to not play them during the conference slate if possible.

If I were calling the shots, I’d give the younger guys a taste of a hostile environment tomorrow night, and rest the guys for the weekend series. Beating State won’t get us any closer to the tournament.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:22, topic:26691”][quote=“sydh, post:21, topic:26691”]He was on a pitch count and will start a game this weekend. Couldnt’t make it out but hope they show better this weekend that they did tonight.
Duke does have several top 25 wins so credit to them. But State is much better so I’m not expecting much from tomorrow either.[/quote]

Games vs. Duke and NC State don’t matter. In fact, I prefer to not play them during the conference slate if possible.

If I were calling the shots, I’d give the younger guys a taste of a hostile environment tomorrow night, and rest the guys for the weekend series. Beating State won’t get us any closer to the tournament.[/quote]

In years past games like these would mean alot towards RPI, seeding, and increasing the slim chance of an at large in the NCAA. This season, I agree with you. Our RPI doesn’t matter at this point. We need to be focused on making the A-10 tourney, and then winning it.

I agree. A win against Duke or State does not help our NCAA chances this year. I had much rather see a couple more banners on the outfield fence next year. Besides, if we beat Duke or State, no one would know anyway.

I think Barnette pitched just to help keep his rythem and not get rusty.

[quote=“49r9r, post:24, topic:26691”]I agree. A win against Duke or State does not help our NCAA chances this year. I had much rather see a couple more banners on the outfield fence next year. Besides, if we beat Duke or State, no one would know anyway.

I think Barnette pitched just to help keep his rythem and not get rusty.
[/quote]

Probably, but he didn’t last long and was not good for the 2 innings he was in there.

919r, I agree. He did, however, throw a lot of pitches in those 2 innings.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:22, topic:26691”][quote=“sydh, post:21, topic:26691”]He was on a pitch count and will start a game this weekend. Couldnt’t make it out but hope they show better this weekend that they did tonight.

If I were calling the shots, I’d give the younger guys a taste of a hostile environment tomorrow night, and rest the guys for the weekend series. Beating State won’t get us any closer to the tournament.[/quote]
I agree that the non-conference games don’t matter in the grand scheme of things (A10 tourney wise). How they do this weekend at GW will tell you a lot about them.
Tonight looked like they missed a lot of chances. Nine LOB I believe with 11 hits, but only 3 runs (2 runs and 10 hits if you take away Clemmons’ shot in the 9th). They have to be better with RISP.

[quote=“sydh, post:27, topic:26691”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:22, topic:26691”][quote=“sydh, post:21, topic:26691”]He was on a pitch count and will start a game this weekend. Couldnt’t make it out but hope they show better this weekend that they did tonight.

I agree that the non-conference games don’t matter in the grand scheme of things (A10 tourney wise). How they do this weekend at GW will tell you a lot about them.
Tonight looked like they missed a lot of chances. Nine LOB I believe with 11 hits, but only 3 runs (2 runs and 10 hits if you take away Clemmons’ shot in the 9th). They have to be better with RISP.[/quote]

10 LOB actually. Twice we had bases loaded with one out and scored ZERO total runs on those 2 opportunities. On a positive note, Elwood and Clemmons are really starting to play well. 3 hits for Elwood 2nite and Clemmons jacked his second HR in the last 4 games. Elwood also playing really well in RF. Those 2 will be key guys over the next 3 seasons, IMO.

We lose to State 6-3. HUGE series thes weekend against George Washington. We need to sweep. GW is one of 3 teams below us in the conference standings. We play St Bonnie and St Louis in our last 2 weekend series of the season, and they are currently the 7th and 9th place teams (we are 10th), so we have a chance to get some wins. We MIGHT be able to lose one more, but winning out may be the only guarantee of making the tourney.

Wonder if VT would look to hire Hibbs.

I’m just glad they don’t want Major.

Does every thread really have to turn into this?

Mr B, I was jut joking since he had brought up major in another thread where it didn’t make sense. I’m as tired as it as everyone else.

I was just joking too. Also, I am not the one who fired the 1st shot. I miss very few of our baseball games and respect what Hibbs has done. Actually, I miss very few of our basketball games, but that seems to not give the right to voice my opinion, especially if my opinion is in disagreement with a mod.

Now, let’s please get back on topic.

Go Charlotte 49ers Baseball!!! ;D

We need to sweep GW this weekend. I assume Yermal will pitch tomorrow and Barnette on Sunday?

We won yesterday, 9-5.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/04/27/3204871/charlotte-downs-colonials.html

We won today (Saturday) 8-2. :slight_smile:

One to go for a sweep. Huge game tomorrow…have to keep the offense rolling.

Nice sweep this weekend capped by a 15-3 win today. Basen should win POTW as he drove in 12 runs this weekend. We pulled to within 1.5 games of the 6 seed and are 3 games out of the 2 seed with 6 conference games left. Our conference BYE week is this weekend as we travel to Georgia Tech.

1. URI 11-4 – (@FORD, RICH, @TEMP)
  2. Dayton 10-5 1 GB (@TEMP, UMASS, @LAS)
  3. SLU 11-7 1.5 GB (@SBU, @CLT)
  4. SJU 9-5 1.5 GB (GW, LAS, @XU)
  5. UMass 9-6 2 GB (RICH, @DAY, GW)
  6. Fordham 10-8 2.5 GB (URI, @RICH)

1. Richmond 8-7 3 GB (@UMASS, @URI, FOR)
  2. Xavier 8-7 3 GB (@LAS, @GW, SJU)
  3. CHARLOTTE 8-9 4 GB (SLU, SBU)