Still time to turn the season around?

We’re on a roll now. Just get in Conf Tourney, win it, & be Nat’l Champs in NCAA Tourney.

SCK, I like the way you think.

Back to back series at home to end the conference season? I like our chances. GO NINERS!

This. Let’s hope for the best. Hell, nobody thought soccer would make it all the way to NC game, did they?

New Niner, I thought they’d make it. I predicted us vs. Chapel Hell after the 2nd Rd. Of course I picked us to win, not lose the NC.

Good call…note, the schedule shown above shows SBU as a road game. I assume that is a mistake as our webpage shows SLU and SBU has home series.

Terrific showing by the offense this weekend. Basen had a monster series, pitching was there and it looks like the team is getting healthy at the right time. They really have a legitimate chance to win out if they keep this up.

Not getting much help tonight in our BYE weekend. We are now 2 games out of the 6 seed. Fordham beat up on Rhody 7-1.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2012/conference/Atlantic%2010

I am heading down to GT tomorrow to see the Niners. Anyone else making the trip?

Myself and 7 others are going down Sunday for the doubleheader!
Safe Travels!

Rough weekend down at GT. Shut out on Saturday, but lost 6-3 and 6-5 in 11 innnings on Sunday.

We didn’t get any help back in the A-10 as we are now 2 games out of the tourney with 6 games remaining. We are hosting the new A-10 leader, Saint Louis this weekend at the Hayes. We have to win this series or we will likely not make the tournament.

1. SLU 14-7 – GB (@CLT)
  2. URI 12-6 0.5 GB (RICH, @TEMP)
  3. SJU 11-6 1 GB (LAS, @XU)
  4. Dayton 11-7 1.5 GB (UMASS, @LAS)
  5. UMass 11-7 1.5 GB (@DAY, GW)
  6. Fordham 12-9 2 GB (@RICH)

1. Xavier 10-8 2.5 GB (@GW, SJU)
  2. Richmond 9-9 3.5 GB (@URI, FOR)
  3. CHARLOTTE 8-9 4 GB (SLU, SBU)

Only trivial but it looks like we are only half a game behind Richmond in the standings not a full game. Do we make up the conference game that got rained out earlier? That game may be make or break as to whether we make the tourney or not.

Thanks. I just corrected that.

As far as I know that SJU game has been cancelled. I am sure we will end up needing that extra game when it is all said and done. I wonder what CUSA’s policy is on such things?

Nice interview with Loren Hibbs from College Baseball Daily. He breaks down our season up to this point and talks about moving on to CUSA after 1 more season in the A-10.

http://ht.ly/1jwthY

Saw on the twitters that Coach Hall was ejected from one of the games.

http://twitter.com/#!/Nick_Mc49/status/199277383684067329

Coach Hall was ejected, but he was totally justified in his argument. It was a fair/foul call on the 3rd base line. Umpire was in foul territory, had to move into fair territory to avoid being hit by the ball. He didn’t see it land, but called it fair, giving up two GT runs in a crucial spot. Coach Hall and this umpire were exchanging words, and in one of those moments where it gets awkwardly quiet, the umpire yells at him to “shut up.” This ignited Coach Hall, and he was tossed. The same umpire blew a batter interference call in the first game that ended up costing a run, and threatened to toss Miguel for pleading his case. If anything, I’m pleased Coach Hall got tossed, because he was standing up for his guys. I respect that.

I assume this was a line drive down the line and not a hard ground ball down the line.

I assume this was a line drive down the line and not a hard ground ball down the line.[/quote]

that is correct

Regarding the standings, my biggest concern is the Richmond/Fordham series. If Richmond sweeps Fordham, it can help us catch Fordham, but the Richmond will still be ahead of us. The reverse logic is also true. Fordham can help us pass Richmond, but then Fordham will still be ahead of us in the standings. This is gonna be tricky. It looks like if Fordham sweeps Richmond we will finish a half game behind them even if we win all 6 of our remaining games.

Richmond plays at Rhody this weekend. We can hope that Rhody knocks them down 2 or 3 games. Hopefully we just take care of business and we won’t need any help next week.

If we win out, and XU loses 2 games combined against GW and SJU, and Richmond defeats Fordham at least twice while losing at least 1 game to either Fordham or URI, WE ARE IN (assuming our better percentage gets us in over Fordham). Other possibilities include UMASS or Dayton losing at least 3 of their remaining 6 games. I think we can do it.

We need a good crowd there this weekend.