Still time to turn the season around?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:50, topic:26691”]1. SLU 14-7 – GB (@CLT)
2. URI 12-6 0.5 GB (RICH, @TEMP)
3. SJU 11-6 1 GB (LAS, @XU)
4. Dayton 11-7 1.5 GB (UMASS, @LAS)
4. UMass 11-7 1.5 GB (@DAY, GW)
6. Fordham 12-9 2 GB (@RICH)

1. Xavier 10-8 2.5 GB (@GW, SJU)
  2. Richmond 9-9 3.5 GB (@URI, FOR)
  3. CHARLOTTE 8-9 4 GB (SLU, SBU)[/quote]

Big series this weekend starts tonight vs STL. Gotta have 2 of these, if not all 3.

Some series’ started yesterday as Dayton beat UMass in game 1 to drop them down into a tie with Fordham for the 5th/6th seed. It would be nice if Dayton just swept them and took them out of contention. I would be surprised if XU didn’t get a sweep over GW to put them in the top 6 after this weekend.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2012/conference/Atlantic%2010

I have just recently become a big fan of GW and URI for the rest of the regular season. Dayton too, but for this weekend only; and we need Richmond to lose at least 2 this weekend but win 2 or 3 next weekend.

I think Baseball just blew any chance they had for the A10 tourney. Had a 5-2 lead in the 9th and had only given up 2 hits all night. They then gave up 4 hits and made an error (only one of the night) to allow St. Louis to score 5 runs IN THE 9TH. Charlotte then goes 3 up, 3 down in the bottom half and loses 7-5… :frowning: That one hurts bad!

^ sigh.

What a heartbreaker that was tonight. This is where we stand and what has to happen.

Saint Louis is now 15-7.
St Joe is now 12-6.
Dayton is now 13-7 after beating Richmond twice.
URI is now 12-7.
Fordham (bye week) is 12-9.
UMASS lost today and is now 11-9.
Richmond upset URI and is 10-9.
Xavier lost today and fell to 10-9.
We are now 8-10.

We are 1.5 games behind Richmond and Xavier, 2 games behind UMASS, and 2.5 games behind Fordham. Even worse, we are 3.5 games behind URI, 4 games behind Dayton, 4 games behind SJU, and 5 games behin
d SLU. We have to climb 3 spots, so we have to pass 3 of those teams. We cannot catch St Louis now.

Needless to say, the odds are against us. Like 919r said, we may have blown our chances tonight.

Swept by Saint Louis this weekend.

I can’t believe we will not make the conference tournament.

We need a sweep & three other teams to get swept. What are the odds for the teams to go 12-0 in 3 days that we need?

The odds of us sweeping are decent, because of who we play. The odds of the other 3 teams getting swept are not so good. I’m surprised we even still have a mathematical chance.

I wonder if Mike Fox now wishes he had played us this year.

Niners are at Wake Forest tonight at 6:00 for any W-S area Niners.

I had planned on attending, however a family member had to go into Hospice last night. Doubtful I can make it now.

[quote=“2k, post:71, topic:26691”]I had planned on attending, however a family member had to go into Hospice last night. Doubtful I can make it now.[/quote]I knew you were a fan, but I never knew you considered the baseball team family.

[quote=“Niner National, post:72, topic:26691”][quote=“2k, post:71, topic:26691”]I had planned on attending, however a family member had to go into Hospice last night. Doubtful I can make it now.[/quote]I knew you were a fan, but I never knew you considered the baseball team family.[/quote]Ouch.

[quote=“2k, post:73, topic:26691”][quote=“Niner National, post:72, topic:26691”][quote=“2k, post:71, topic:26691”]I had planned on attending, however a family member had to go into Hospice last night. Doubtful I can make it now.[/quote]I knew you were a fan, but I never knew you considered the baseball team family.[/quote]Ouch.[/quote]Sorry to make a joke, but you set it up perfectly.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your family member.

[quote=“Niner National, post:74, topic:26691”][quote=“2k, post:73, topic:26691”][quote=“Niner National, post:72, topic:26691”][quote=“2k, post:71, topic:26691”]I had planned on attending, however a family member had to go into Hospice last night. Doubtful I can make it now.[/quote]I knew you were a fan, but I never knew you considered the baseball team family.[/quote]Ouch.[/quote]Sorry to make a joke, but you set it up perfectly.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your family member.[/quote]No offense taken here, that fit our baseball team perfectly this year.

Ouch…

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&f=1118&t=8993316

Wow indeed. 13 in one inning.

looks like we went through about 10 pitchers in that game.

looks like the teams will has been broken

To answer the question that is the title of this thread…

NO.