StillJonesing 2.0

Kind of like 3 star, 6-11 freshman center Guilmette last year? The difference is I’m not going to pretend like we didn’t want Stith after the fact if we lose out on him. Clearly we are recruiting him albeit from the new rivals article it sounds like we just have started recruiting him recently. Stith says you guys have been recruiting him the longest of the 3.

You should learn a thing or 2 about recruiting but that would be asking too much.

Kind of like 3 star, 6-11 freshman center Guilmette last year? The difference is I’m not going to pretend like we didn’t want Stith after the fact if we lose out on him. Clearly we are recruiting him albeit from the new rivals article it sounds like we just have started recruiting him recently. Stith says you guys have been recruiting him the longest of the 3.[/quote]Dude, give it up. We had landed the 2 guys we wanted that can play PF.

Kind of like 3 star, 6-11 freshman center Guilmette last year? The difference is I’m not going to pretend like we didn’t want Stith after the fact if we lose out on him. Clearly we are recruiting him albeit from the new rivals article it sounds like we just have started recruiting him recently. Stith says you guys have been recruiting him the longest of the 3.[/quote]

The fuck you talking about?

I read what you guys said about the guy, you liked his potential until he quit. There has to be some sourgrapes in there too. I'm thinking perhaps Williams wasn't even our top target the way we signed a Freshman earlier that some servers rated higher, and maybe were waiting on Bowden. He had better offers and is experienced and ready to step in which is what we need. Either way glad it worked out for everyone involved cause we all seem to like our new guys.

from http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=27714.msg489472#msg489472

My favorite part is how you are talking about Bowden there. The same Bowden you’re now pillaging with your savior DII transfer coming in. The only person you’re fooling on this board is yourself.

All I said about Bowden was if he was going to be tied up in the courts we needed to move on and get the D2 guy that was wanting to come here. He averaged 22ppg at Catawba and was graded an 88 on ESPN out of high school. He looked super legit to me from his highlights on you tube.

Ive heard the charges are going to be dropped on Bowden and he’s already been reinstated so we didn’t have a scholarship and Kelsey at Winthrop took the D2 guy. I think they got a steal too, but Bowden was the 2nd best three point shooter in CUSA last year and if he is innocent it’s not fair or needed to run him off. He was better than I expected.

As far as Guilmette if you think a 6-11 center and a 6-6 SF/PF are the same then cool. The fact was you still had a scholarship and never stopped recruiting 6-8+ guys though even through May. You also never signed one, and just finally took another 6-6 PF 6th year transfer with bum knees and still lecture us about transfers…

This Stith guy looks like the type of player Coach Major loves.

As for Guilmette, I won’t shy away from the fact that we offered the kid, but you guys are definitely offering a lot more playing time at Center for the next few years. Braswell will play Center for us this year, and by next year, I hope Mike Thorne is polished enough to take that starting role.

That’s like saying the fact T. Williams was a hometown kid didn’t have anything to do with him signing with Charlotte. PT is about the easiest thing to sell and I think every staff tries to sell it. I’m sure your staff tried to sell Guilmette on potientally playing along side of Braswell even if they didn’t think he would. They probably would have even like to have moved Braswell to PF his senior year if he did come in ready.

Truth is I think Guilmette is the least likely of any of our newcomers to actually play. He has good potiental a lot like Stith, but I think we’ll have to wait on him a year or more to develop. I also think either of us that sign Stith will have to wait too because he doesn’t look ready from day one to play SF to me. Certainly high upside though if he puts it all together.

Oh I agree completely. I apologize if that came off as negative. In fact, if Mike Thorne is ready, I hope Braswell plays the 4 this year. However, I believe Mike Thorne is gonna have to be incredibly polished to keep Willie Clayton on the bench, especially with our struggles to score points last season.

I mean flat out you guys signed a kid that we offered. I was just saying that I believe that he has a lot better chance for earlier playing time at ECU.

I agree with your comments about Stith as well. He appears to have the physical attributes to be a force, especially on the defensive end. He just needs to develop a little more.

StillJonesing, I will love the day when your post don’t say… “I’m sure”, “They probably”, and “Truth is I think”. The truth is we skull-drug your ass out of your own gym last year. We have played you 3 times under Major, all at either neutral or your home court, and beat you by double digits in two games and lost by one point in other. This means either we have better coaching, players, or a combination of both. For the sake of argument I hope you bring in someone worth a shit because you guys are god awful. One of the worst in your conference and had a losing record while playing 4 teams who don’t even have an ESPN page…meaning they should never be on your schedule. The argument of who was better us or you is pathetic because we both sucked. However, one truth about last season was that beat down you suffered on December 3rd, 2011.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:5, topic:26816”]All I said about Bowden was if he was going to be tied up in the courts we needed to move on and get the D2 guy that was wanting to come here. He averaged 22ppg at Catawba and was graded an 88 on ESPN out of high school. He looked super legit to me from his highlights on you tube.

Ive heard the charges are going to be dropped on Bowden and he’s already been reinstated so we didn’t have a scholarship and Kelsey at Winthrop took the D2 guy. I think they got a steal too, but Bowden was the 2nd best three point shooter in CUSA last year and if he is innocent it’s not fair or needed to run him off. He was better than I expected.

As far as Guilmette if you think a 6-11 center and a 6-6 SF/PF are the same then cool. The fact was you still had a scholarship and never stopped recruiting 6-8+ guys though even through May. You also never signed one, and just finally took another 6-6 PF 6th year transfer with bum knees and still lecture us about transfers…[/quote]

The truth is you said one thing but did another.

You spend way, way, way too much time going from board to board using internetese to argue with people.

I could put together a you tube video of myself that looks “Super Legit”. I think his stats versus competition that is going to play D1 ball will say more than a You Tube video of highlights.

Speaking of centers, I think you should know that if either Charlotte or ECU get a center then they will be very raw. Polished centers do not go to mid majors. It ends up being who has the better coaching and who is a harder worker. I hear that Thorne is a very hard worker so I am pleased that he is a Niner.

the other bigs we went after were 1 year players, not 4 year HS players. I HOPE you could understand the difference there. If you are truly comparing Oriahki to Guishmeete, awesome.

-That’s because most 6-10+ high schoolers that can walk and chew gum get signed in the fall every year 2k. They are priority. I HOPE you understand that. The few left mostly end up at BCS schools in the spring and programs like ours are left to land the big guys like the guy you got last spring if you still want a 6-10+ guy at that point or go overseas.

-The Winthrop/D2 guy will be a good one. 22ppg 6rpg and high percentages at the college level is impressive regardless. One scout said they expected him to average about 16ppg in the Big South next year. We’ll see.

-Sport I guess by that logic you also had better seasons than NCAA teams Xavier and Tennessee.You were all three our worst loss that year… This year we finished strong and were playing our best ball in March again where as your guys faded. I’ll take that over a Dec 3 game and as long as we are getting better and playing our best ball of the season in March can’t complain to much. I won some money for charity off you guys this year too NLP.

lol

i mean come on man. Is this real life?

This reminds me of your Campbell Camels prediction for this year. :)) :)) :))

This reminds me of your ECU predictions 12 months ago for this year. :)) :)) :))

In March you played 3 times. You won two and lost one. One of the wins was against a Tulane team that was 3 - 13 in your conference and had an RPI of 250. The other was a 2 point squeaker at home against a Rice team that was 8-9 in your conference and sported an RPI of 170. I guess we would’ve had a better March if we weren’t playing teams with RPI’s of 41 and 69 away from home that month.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:13, topic:26816”]-That’s because most 6-10+ high schoolers that can walk and chew gum get signed in the fall every year 2k. They are priority. I HOPE you understand that. The few left mostly end up at BCS schools in the spring and programs like ours are left to land the big guys like the guy you got last spring if you still want a 6-10+ guy at that point or go overseas.

-The Winthrop/D2 guy will be a good one. 22ppg 6rpg and high percentages at the college level is impressive regardless. One scout said they expected him to average about 16ppg in the Big South next year. We’ll see.

-Sport I guess by that logic you also had better seasons than NCAA teams Xavier and Tennessee.You were all three our worst loss that year… This year we finished strong and were playing our best ball in March again where as your guys faded. I’ll take that over a Dec 3 game and as long as we are getting better and playing our best ball of the season in March can’t complain to much. I won some money for charity off you guys this year too NLP.[/quote]

SJ here is a quote from CBSSports.com "East Carolina: ECU won three of its final four games last season despite being bad. Miguel Paul is back. But it’ll be hard to crack the top half of C-USA. " Here is the link: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/19183037/conference-catchup-memphis-looks-super-in-final-cusa-season

Please highlight the segment of that sentence that even remotely suggests that ECU will be doing anything positive next year.

If you notice in the Parish article he didn’t even list former All A-10 Freshman Akeem Richmond in his impact transfer list. I seriously doubt he knows jack about our team or does much research on CUSA outside Memphis with all he focuses on in radio, and with CBS.

At least the ESPN guy picking us for the NCAA Dance next year is their top recruiting analyst is actually knowledgeable about our roster. I bet you if you asked him who Akeem Richmond was he could tell you and Parish wouldnt’ have a clue.

We beat #44 Marshall on Feb 29 won a couple more games and, took #21 USM to OT in the conf tourny. We were playing great at the end of the year and made up 40 RPI spots and over took you the final 2 weeks. The only prediction I bet on, I won.

Here is the Winthrop guy. We all know 11 and 7 in high school is better than 22 and 6 in college. At least that’s what you told me without a doubt last year with your predictions on Nickerson. I’d take This winthrop guy anyday of the week.

Keon Moore Highlights

The Campbell guy I was said was good is in NBA camps as we speak as well.

You said the same thing about a writer that thought poorly of ECU last year. That writer was right and you were wrong. Do you need me to find that post too?

Trend.

If StillJonesing can’t grasp the concept of leaving a scholarship open so you aren’t having to undergo a huge rebuild in four years, well, there’s no helping him. Maybe we backed off THREE STAR SIX FOOT ELEVEN GUILMETTE.

Every other player was a 1-2 year commitment. There’s a reason for that. JTT was an optimal situation, hopefully his knees hold up and he can contribute.

How many freshmen do we have coming in next year? We only have so much playing time to offer.

Now, back to the thread topic, I hope Brandan Stith commits to Charlotte and becomes an All American his Junior year and we hang his jersey on the wall.