Stocks Thread

I’m going to enjoy the ride on this one. Stock should get to ~$3 which appears to be the next level of resistance. If it can break that, look out.

i remember looking @ HGSI b4 it took off @2.60… its at 31.64 now :frowning:

getting a nice little bounce today from this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/RedChip-Visibility-Raises-pz-2332555541.html?x=0&.v=1

You think you’re frustrated? Get this, I bought HGSI around $3… told everyone that it would blow up and pay for all my FSL’s and car payments. Well a few months later I of course get impatient and sell at around $3.80 or something. Nice little profit, but then a few months later… BOOM! it goes up to like 22 bucks in one day. AAAGGHHHHH. Oh well, live and learn.

I don’t see LPIH blowing up like HGSI, I think it will be more of a gradual steady climb to around 6 bucks or so this summer.

what do you guys think of SAY? I feel like it’s gotta go nowhere but up from here.

Are they done cooking their books?

I tried to buy a company back from scandal in HLS and although they got back to the NYSE from the PK, it really hasn’t been too much of a stock.

Are they done cooking their books?[/quote]

By all accounts they are now squeaky clean.

I had a penny stock I invested in long ago and kind of forgot about after it tanked. They merged with another company last year and I was supposed to get .6 shares for each share I had. The new company I was supposed to get stock in is now starting to get some activity, but I never received my split. I use etrade, anyone have any idea who I need to contact to find out how to get my shares in the new company? It may be too late anyway, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

Up over $3 today. I wish they would put out a PR about the AMEX uplisting that is supposedly being worked on. Oh well this is fine too, a slow gradual climb up is often healthier for the price than a quick pop anyways.

Up over $3 today. I wish they would put out a PR about the AMEX uplisting that is supposedly being worked on. Oh well this is fine too, a slow gradual climb up is often healthier for the price than a quick pop anyways.[/quote]

shorts are getting push at $3 and people are just covering

hahhaha. My buddy owned 6000 shares of ABK, and got out at a $1.02 on Friday.

Yesterday was amazing, and it is now at $3.25

Up over $3 today. I wish they would put out a PR about the AMEX uplisting that is supposedly being worked on. Oh well this is fine too, a slow gradual climb up is often healthier for the price than a quick pop anyways.[/quote]

Weren’t able to break the $3 resistance yet. Bummer. Soon enough.

Yeah, I’m not too worried about it. Holding for another few months, or until a juicy pr about uplisting gets it to pop.

I also just jumped into JADA this morning. Hopefully it has bottomed out and I can ride the rebound back up a little bit.

Might not be the right place for this, but I’ll give it a go anyway…

I’m just starting to seriously look at various investment types. I’ve been doing a 401K with some target retirement funds and I have been putting money into a money market fund, but that’s about it. I’m looking to diversify a bit, but not really sure about the specifics.

So any general advice for investing smarter? I’m not really looking at getting into individual stocks, but I’m not sure what type of mutual funds to target. How should I split my money between balanced/target retirement/high-risk/precious metals/etc… funds? My initial feedback has been to put about half in some sort of well performing balanced fund with the rest spread out over some higher-risk funds? Should I even bother with money market funds right now?

I know this is pretty vague, but I’m new to this, so any general advice is appriciated.

(and before people start jumping about me about taking finacial advice from a message board, I am talking to other people and have contacted an advisor, I just want to get some other opinions as I know there are a lot of sharp people here)

Well JADA is now JADAE, the E slapped on because they haven’t filed their financials yet, but I expected that, it happened last year too. I don’t think I’m being unrealistic in saying that it should pop to over a dollar when the financials come out. Hell it was over a dollar a few weeks ago even without the juicy revenue numbers.

LPIH just keeps chugging along upwards. Up 5% so far today. As much as I like swing trading volatile stocks, a pick like this that just keeps gradually going up sure feels nice too.

Still can’t break through ~$3.

If you want a short and easy trade, just trade SPY. The party is going to end sooner or later, but might as well ride this wave while its good. Same goes for energy and basic materials.

Just got some AXTI. The earnings coming out on Wednesday should be pretty good, and this one is ready to pop.

Nice call on JADAE Chisox. Up 20 % today. You think it will rebound back up over a dollar? I have been tracking this stock since its decline last week and didn’t pull the trigger. Of course, I wish I did now.

Yeah man, I’m really confident that this one is just itching to pop. It’s just a waiting game now. They will file their financials sometime within the next few weeks, and when they do it will spike over a dollar. Feel free to bump this post and give me crap if I’m wrong, but I really don’t think I will be.

SPY - Still the easiest trade going right now. That should be their slogan. Friday’s close just proves this trend continues to be legit.

If you believe in a continued recovery IYT and MXI are easy money as well.