Stocks Thread

I’m jumping into BSPM tomorrow. I wish I could get in today, but I have to wait for some funds to settle. It recently got uplisted to NASDAQ, and is cranking out phenomenal revenue, and has fantastic fundamentals.

Last heads up about AXTI by the way, earnings out tomorrow. :smiley:

Yeah man, I’m really confident that this one is just itching to pop. It’s just a waiting game now. They will file their financials sometime within the next few weeks, and when they do it will spike over a dollar. Feel free to bump this post and give me crap if I’m wrong, but I really don’t think I will be.[/quote]

Good to hear. I bought in myself yesterday. I keep hearing how undervalued this stock is right now. I’m loving everything I hear about it. Lets get it! Thanks for the tip!

As expected, the earnings were great. And now it’s up pretty good on serious volume. $4.25 right now on double it’s ten day average vol. I think I’ll ride the wave a few more minutes and then get out as the profit-taking starts.

As expected, the earnings were great. And now it’s up pretty good on serious volume. $4.25 right now on double it’s ten day average vol. I think I’ll ride the wave a few more minutes and then get out as the profit-taking starts.[/quote]

Solid pick.

Bought some GS. Looks like it has double bottomed and turned. If you can’t beat them might as well join them.

I got out of AXTI at $4.30. Just jumped into BSPM at $4.60. It’s another one of those way undervalued super high growth picks that I love.

The party might be coming to an end.

We’ve needed it to for quite some time. The market has been way overbought for a long while now. It needs a healthy correction.

I think I may get into trading a little. How much time do y’all spend researching and such? How active would you say you are with your stocks? And the biggest question, who do you use for trading?

We’ve needed it to for quite some time. The market has been way overbought for a long while now. It needs a healthy correction.[/quote]

So do we get a classic 5% or 10% and then push back up or is this the start of something more?

I spend a couple of hours a day on stocks if I can.

I actively trade a few stocks with a short time horizon, typically small cap or other educated gambles. The kind of stuff that Chisox seems to trade exclusively or at least likes to talk about. They are the most fun.

I invest in a larger amount of S&P 500 type stocks with a 3 - 12 month time horizon.

In my 401k, IRA, and other retirement accounts I just use a basic asset allocation strategy and do almost no trading except for rebalancing.

[quote=“NovaNiner, post:50, topic:22797”]I spend a couple of hours a day on stocks if I can.

I actively trade a few stocks with a short time horizon, typically small cap or other educated gambles. The kind of stuff that Chisox seems to trade exclusively or at least likes to talk about. They are the most fun. [/quote]

^Yeah this is my trading method (well at least 95% of the time). I like to find sweet opportunities to make a quick buck. Perfect example, I just now jumped into MYGN, which is down 25% today. It’s a solid company and the ride back up will be fun.

A solid company doesn’t miss earnings quarter after quarter.

As expected, the earnings were great. And now it’s up pretty good on serious volume. $4.25 right now on double it’s ten day average vol. I think I’ll ride the wave a few more minutes and then get out as the profit-taking starts.[/quote]

Solid pick.

Bought some GS. Looks like it has double bottomed and turned. If you can’t beat them might as well join them.[/quote]

If you believe we’re just in a short term correction then this week is providing some of the best entry points we’ve seen since Feb. GS, BP, and RIG were all beaten down hard due to their scandals. Companies like Intel and Ford are off more than 10% but are great long term stories.

They’ve beaten estimates 5 of the last 8 quarters, and revenue is growing at an impressive rate. It’s solid enough for me to jump in at this ridiculous entry point. I’ll hold til it gets back into the 20’s.

Somebody’s going to jail!

The market doesn’t go down 1000 points in one day, & rebound almost back to normal without some shenanigans going on.

I heard P&G is wanting their stock trades investigated on their company’s stock. I think others might follow.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:55, topic:22797”]Somebody’s going to jail!

The market doesn’t go down 1000 points in one day, & rebound almost back to normal without some shenanigans going on.

I heard P&G is wanting their stock trades investigated on their company’s stock. I think others might follow.[/quote]

Shit happens … can’t wait for the dust to settle.

Anyone get screwed by this?

[quote=“C49erMoose, post:56, topic:22797”]s*** happens … can’t wait for the dust to settle.

Anyone get screwed by this?[/quote]

BTW – Anyone think about this…

This was HUUUUUGE blip and it never tripped a circuit breaker. Can you image what kind of shitty day the world must have to hit a curcuit breaker?

Accenture (ACN) went from a $40+ stock to 0.01 at one point: http://www.google.com/finance?q=ACN.

Here is a pretty good blog post on today: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/2282-Mr.-President-Unplug-the-Fing-Computers.html

So this thread aint about stock car racing?

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:55, topic:22797”]Somebody’s going to jail!

I heard P&G is wanting their stock trades investigated on their company’s stock. I think others might follow.[/quote]

Apparently somebody hit the wrong button and it triggered a chain reaction.