Student Football Forum

[QUOTE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black]Dear Student of UNC Charlotte: [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black]As you may recall, earlier this year I appointed an advisory committee to study the question of whether UNC Charlotte should launch an intercollegiate athletics program in the sport of football. Chaired by Mr. Mac Everett, the advisory committee has been meeting since the spring to collect and understand information about college football programs, including their possible benefits, costs, and consequences. It is expected that a report for my review and consideration will be submitted sometime early in 2008. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black]At this point in their deliberations, the members of the advisory committee wish to conduct three open public forums to hear from three key campus constituenciesā€”students, alumni, and faculty and staff. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black]On behalf of the committee, I am inviting you to attend the session for students scheduled for Monday, November 5, 2007 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, in the Salons C, D, and E of the Barnhardt Student Activity Center. If the student perspective is to be fully considered by the advisory committee, then your participation is vital. Obviously, it is difficult to find a time that works for all, so I hope you will make an accommodation in your personal schedule if that is possible. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black]If you have any questions, Connie Rampey in my office (704) 687-2202 will be able to provide details. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] Cordially,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] Philip L. Dubois[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] Chancellor[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Make a statement. :49ers:

Sweetness. I look forward to it.

as Bill Walker says:
layeth the smacketh down

CFI-S needs to crank back up for this to make sure we have a good turnout!

[QUOTE=WBNiner;259947]CFI-S needs to crank back up for this to make sure we have a good turnout![/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY. Maybe even condones a new order of shirtsā€¦

Technically, the students have already spoken via the poll. This sounds like an attempt to get the ā€œantifootballā€ people up front. Maybe Iā€™m just a conspiracy theorist though. :huh:

Flyers should be printed up and posted around campus reminding people of this event. JMHO.

Hmmā€¦ I think the students who are supposed to attend this were supposed to be invited. Im assuming the invitation has now been opened to all students, because they didnt get a good reply.

Bring your signs boyā€™s, lets show them we want CHARLOTTE FOOTBALL!!!

Come on, students. Knock this one out the park!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::toast:

Was everyone supposed to get this in their e-mail?

[QUOTE]I hope you will make an accommodation in your personal schedule if that is possible.[/QUOTE]
Iā€™m personally gonna kick any of you that donā€™t skip class for this meeting. It needs to be a standing room only crowd.

I FULLY EXPECT TO SEE A REPEAT OF THIS SCENE

[URL=http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809267427/video/1474141/20061220/82/1474141-300-wmv-s.31595726-180671,1474141-1000-wmv-s.31595818-180671,1474141-100-wmv-s.31595737-180671,1474141-700-wmv-s.31595811-180671,1474141-56.6-wmv-s.31595715-180671]No, not meā€¦ THEM[/URL]!

The right thing to do.

Gill, that better be you bustin in!

Gill we still have some cash for flyers, so if we need to use the money we can.

I wonder when the alumni session will be. And oh to be a fly on the wall during the faculty session. Maybe Sideshow can give us an idea of what happens there?

You would hope that the salons get packed for this. There should be a push by the RAā€™s to let all their residents know about this issue. Make it a hall event. Every student should have multiple reminders that this event is going to occur.

screw the salons, we need to do it marshall style where we have thousands of students chillin outside yelling we want footballā€¦or a more inspirational chant thatā€™s school specific like forty ninersā€¦

if you havent seen we are marshall, this may be a small spoilerā€¦but not really

in that movie, after the crash, the board has a meeting to talk about disbanding football, which is closed to the public. one of the players that was injured and wasnt on the plane busts into the meetingā€¦and they say if he has anything to say he thatā€™s not the place, and he says he ā€œdoesnā€™tā€¦but they might.ā€ thereā€™s a huge crowd outside and they chant ā€˜we are marshall.ā€™ if thereā€™s ever a time iā€™d have to point out wanting football the most, it was seeing that part of the movie.

I FULLY EXPECT TO SEE A REPEAT OF THIS SCENE

No, not meā€¦ THEM!

The right thing to do.

Gill, that better be you bustin in!

Wow, I really need to see that movie. Chillsā€¦

If there is not a facebook group about attending, then someone needs to wake gill up.

Facebook event is done:

http://uncc.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6274892524

We are Marshal is somewhat inspirational.

Neways, I dont think all the students can go in. However, st anding outside and chanting or something that shows support would rock!

Neways, I dont think all the students can go in. However, st anding outside and chanting or something that shows support would rock!

I say you bring out the flag/cape and facepaint for this.

Facebook event is done:

http://uncc.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6274892524

I signed up, and invited more.

You damn straight!!!

I got a invite today too!!! I wonder if I should go into this very professional and just SHUTDOWN and OWN crystal gay moore, or if I should just clap and make noise the whole time.