Student Football Forum

Why would they have a student forum for random students? Seems like it would be open for all if it’s in multiple “salons.”

Its not random, as far as I know, only student org presidents got them.

Who is the original poster and why did he post it here then?

just invited a crapload of ppl to that facebook group or event or whatever the heck it is…

its so sad that its a main form of communication now adays…

[QUOTE=eason49;260044]Who is the original poster and why did he post it here then?[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t matter. If they ony invted 20 and 100 show up that will hopefully tell the administration something.

[QUOTE=VA49er;260052]Doesn’t matter. If they ony invted 20 and 100 show up that will hopefully tell the administration something.[/QUOTE]
I’m pretty sure the vote told the administration something already.

I'm pretty sure the vote told the administration something already.

VA’s got a good point.

CFI needs to come alive until this event. Shirt sales, flyers, and just good old awareness. Definietely shirts sales though with maybe a card or flyer given to every person that even stops by telling them about the meeting. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to start getting name and email addresses to compile a huge list to email these people when events are being held like this…

Hey, if there is any CFI money left, we could do flyers again, and have 3,000 people show up. THAT would make a statement.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;260088]Hey, if there is any CFI money left, we could do flyers again, and have 3,000 people show up. THAT would make a statement.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=WBNiner;259986]Gill we still have some cash for flyers, so if we need to use the money we can.[/QUOTE]

Ding Ding Ding Ding!!

Hey, if there is any CFI money left, we could do flyers again, and have 3,000 people show up. THAT would make a statement.

We could make the same flyers, with a dif touch on them, and make them say “Show your support, tell them we want football” or something

Central, how long would it take to get more of these flyers?

Any more t-shirts left?? I need a new one.

We could make the same flyers, with a dif touch on them, and make them say [B]"Show your support, tell them we want[/B] [B]football"[/B] or something

not a student, but I second this motion.

[QUOTE=VA49er;259958]Technically, the students have already spoken via the poll. This sounds like an attempt to get the “antifootball” people up front. Maybe I’m just a conspiracy theorist though. :huh:

Flyers should be printed up and posted around campus reminding people of this event. JMHO.[/QUOTE]

For anybody there who is opposing the initiative I would try to engage them as to whether they stay on campus on the weekends. Also, I’d also try to figure out who they pull for in college hoops. It’s been my experience that the people who oppose getting football are the same people who do not support the university globally. They’re the ones who leave every weekend, who pull for UNC-CH in basketball, who plan on transferring. I don’t see why their vote even counts and I would try to emphasize this to the university administration.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;260088]Hey, if there is any CFI money left, we could do flyers again, and have 3,000 people show up. THAT would make a statement.[/QUOTE]

I have the CFI account access and we still have cash there, its not alot but we might as well shoot our wad now.

I’m not kidding - we need to recreate that scene from We Are Marshall. “They have something to say/It’s the right thing to do” That would be powerful.

its obvious we have enough pull after seeing turnout for the football vote…

As soon as central gets back online, we can find out if this is possible.

I can redesign the flyer this weekend… I think I may even be able to get a slight discount at this point on the cost of flyers since I have ordered several other times now.

Let me know what you want them to say EXACTLY… I’ll get a price quote. Turnaround time is not an issue. I would do this in the week leading up… I can do turnaround in a matter of a weekish.

I don’t remember exactly what the rate was before, but I can get them shipped for $212.15. That’s a 2-4 day turnaround once they receive the graphic, and about 4 days if I remember correctly for it to arrive via UPS Ground.

That’s a pretty stellar price… $.04 per flyer.

Let me know.

I personally would put something on there like “THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO LET THEM KNOW WE WANT FOOTBALL!” and “TELL A FRIEND, LETS SHOW UP 5,000 STRONG” or something along those lines. I would also work on getting something sent via email if possible.

Just for reference, in telling me what you want to change, please refer to the original graphic: