Student Turnout

I do have to give props to 104 for the “FREE LUKA” chant. We need more of that.

NOT EVERYONE ON THE SIDE OPPOSITE THE STUDENTS IS AN ALUMNUS

NOT EVERYONE ON THE SIDE OPPOSITE THE STUDENTS IS AN ALUMNUS[/quote]

Look, just because your degree was revoked for those murder allegations doesn’t mean you can get all butthurt.

I don’t think the intent of this thread was to call out the hard core students. I certainly won’t. I believe the intent of the thread was to increase student attendance by more promotions from the students. It is much easier said than done. I know it is like pulling teeth trying to get some students to care about their University. It seems even harder to get alums to stay involved. All we can do is promote the school as much as we can and encourage others to do the same.

I just hope that we see more of the students on the other side of Halton once they graduate. It is hard to believe with the enrollment numbers going up the way they are that the season ticket holder base is roughly staying the same.

NOT EVERYONE ON THE SIDE OPPOSITE THE STUDENTS IS AN ALUMNUS[/quote]

The alumni sections were pitiful too.

I am glad some in this thread get it.

Look, I’ve been to 1 game in the last few years that I didn’t bring a guest with me. I was at Winthrop with 3 guys who have no tie to the school. One was a GT grad, the other two have 2 year degrees. We went and had Wild Wings, some beers i gave them some niner shirts to wear or told them to just not wear burgandy or yellow and we had a blast.

I’m tired of excuses. I’ve heard them all.

My post was a a challenge to you to get more people to the game.

My challenge was in a hope maybe that you would see say . . . … LaSalle come in the spring and there would be quite a number of students in the upper decks and you could turn around and feel personally responsible for a small part of what you did for your schools athletic program and your University.

I’m not calling you out, I’m not asking for sellouts, I’m asking that you try. I’m asking you to carry some of the water. That is all.

You realize that if each person in 104 got 1 person who didn’t normally come to the game to go, that would be a good portion of an upper level section filled. You realize that chances are that some of those “1 persons” you each invite would want to go with someone closer to them than you? now you have 2 people you are responsible for getting to Halton. You are not going to bat 100%, that’s a given. But the current system and attitude isn’t getting it done.

Look, I’ve been to 1 game in the last few years that I didn’t bring a guest with me. I was at Winthrop with 3 guys who have no tie to the school. One was a GT grad, the other two have 2 year degrees. We went and had Wild Wings, some beers i gave them some niner shirts to wear or told them to just not wear burgandy or yellow and we had a blast.

My challenge was in a hope maybe that you would see say . . . … LaSalle come in the spring and there would be quite a number of students in the upper decks and you could turn around and feel personally responsible for a small part of what you did for your schools athletic program and your University.

I’m not calling you out, I’m not asking for sellouts, I’m asking that you try. I’m asking you to carry some of the water. That is all.

You realize that if each person in 104 got 1 person who didn’t normally come to the game to go, that would be a good portion of an upper level section filled. You realize that chances are that some of those “1 persons” you each invite would want to go with someone closer to them than you? now you have 2 people you are responsible for getting to Halton. You are not going to bat 100%, that’s a given. But the current system and attitude isn’t getting it done.[/quote]

Preach it Gary!!!

Basically what ID is presenting to the student body is a free way to do your part.

There is always the question of what can we do. This is something you can do. You kids that do dominate the front row…you should really take advantage of that to bring more people to the front. When I got tickets, I typically only got two. One for me and one for a friend. I tried to expose as many different people to what 104 row a seat 8/9 was like.

Injecting new blood is what it takes, and the better you can make the experience for the new blood, the more likely they are to come back. I know it is easy to feel cliquish, but this is one clique we should want the entire school in.

Again, this is a call to action, not a call out. Niner Nation is in dire need of support and students are the easiest place to inject life. Yes, we are bad and have been for a while. But there are other student bodies that support their school no matter what. We’ve seen it from SLU and Dayton. We can make that Charlotte. It looked like it was heading that way when the students were filling it up last year even though we had a suspect start and a crushing finish.

If any students want to talk about ways that you can help invigorate the fanbase, shoot me a message. I will help any of your brainstorm.

You realize that if each person in 104 got 1 person who didn’t normally come to the game to go, that would be a good portion of an upper level section filled. You realize that chances are that some of those “1 persons” you each invite would want to go with someone closer to them than you? now you have 2 people you are responsible for getting to Halton. You are not going to bat 100%, that’s a given. But the current system and attitude isn’t getting it done.[/quote]

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen. Well thought out, makes sense and to the point.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:70, topic:24485”]Basically what ID is presenting to the student body is a free way to do your part.

There is always the question of what can we do. This is something you can do. You kids that do dominate the front row…you should really take advantage of that to bring more people to the front. When I got tickets, I typically only got two. One for me and one for a friend. I tried to expose as many different people to what 104 row a seat 8/9 was like.

Injecting new blood is what it takes, and the better you can make the experience for the new blood, the more likely they are to come back. I know it is easy to feel cliquish, but this is one clique we should want the entire school in.

Again, this is a call to action, not a call out. Niner Nation is in dire need of support and students are the easiest place to inject life. Yes, we are bad and have been for a while. But there are other student bodies that support their school no matter what. We’ve seen it from SLU and Dayton. We can make that Charlotte. It looked like it was heading that way when the students were filling it up last year even though we had a suspect start and a crushing finish.

If any students want to talk about ways that you can help invigorate the fanbase, shoot me a message. I will help any of your brainstorm.[/quote]

Another great post. Throw me on that list. I, like PB and many others on here have been there and fought the same battle you are. PB had Niner Nation, Jfelt, Swole and many others had Niner Nation Gold. Be the catalyst for change, PB makes a great point, there is a free way to increase student involvement.

Actually Gill, I didn’t have gang green.

We started Niner Nation as a response to Gang Green because we thought it was silly that there was something so exclusive for our athletics.

I’m still hoping someone takes my “Finer Niners” idea and runs with it.

ID I see what you are saying about inviting guests & all, and I’ve done that in the past. But some of my friends don’t want to come to a game that I invited them to and sit in the upper level while I’m sitting in 104.

Granted I could up to the upper level, but the experience in the upper level sucks in comparison to 104.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:73, topic:24485”]Actually Gill, I didn’t have gang green.

We started Niner Nation as a response to Gang Green because we thought it was silly that there was something so exclusive for our athletics.[/quote]

Fixed. Thanks for the update, I knew you had rallied students, I aplogize for the mixup.

I’m still hoping someone takes my “Finer Niners” idea and runs with it.[/quote]

That idea is gold…

[quote=“Gill, post:76, topic:24485”][quote=“Powerbait, post:73, topic:24485”]Actually Gill, I didn’t have gang green.

We started Niner Nation as a response to Gang Green because we thought it was silly that there was something so exclusive for our athletics.[/quote]

Fixed. Thanks for the update, I knew you had rallied students, I aplogize for the mixup.[/quote]

Ain’t no thing dude. I miss Charlotte most in basketball season.

I have a hard time getting people to go to games because most of my friends are bandwagon fans that like the Tar Heels. A lot of them will only go if we play a name opponent. The way we are playing this year is not going to get students to come out to games.

The tarheels suck this season too, tell them to come to a game and have a good time. Go get something to eat before hand, make an event out of it.