Students - Vote Tomorrow...

[quote=“GreenWhite12, post:15, topic:25203”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:4, topic:25203”]Raegan - Has been a true Niner since day 1. Top 100 in loyalty points, was actually at the March to the End Zone rally, and truly cares for the well-being of our campus.

Dave - not a member of NNG, rarely attends athletic events, doesn’t even bother to leave Duke basketball facebook groups prior to running for SBP.

Solid platform or not, his demeanor is that of a pure politician. This campaign reeks of resume-building as opposed to a true passion for improving the University.[/quote]
I personally know Dave Craven, and he definitely has the University’s improvement for his first priority. If you look at his platform, he specifies everything he wants changed. Perry just mentions general ideas. Seems like she doesn’t know what she’s doing. I’d rather have a politician than someone un-qualified.

Craven-Markham is the way to go because all Perry/Bellamy emphasize is sports. Yeah she is a loyal fan, but that’s about it. Dave Craven wants to integrate our campus into the community. Perry doesn’t have much experience, and Bellamy has none (Senate). Craven-Markham both are in the Senate and would know how to implement their platform into reality.[/quote]

Glad to hear that if Dave win’s he’ll be qualified to do a good job. Thats what the University needs first and foremost.

That said - your assumptions on Raegan not being qualified or “prepared” to take over are incorrect. I know her personally both inside and outside of SGA. I know for a FACT that she is more than qualified to take on the roll.

[color=green]Paying off a sorority? Where is this bs coming from. You’re prob. pissed that he has IFC endorsed, not just 1 sorority. Who does Perry have endorsed? NNG :)) . She was already a member, and probably is good friend’s with the NNG President. And yeah, the basketball endorsement might’ve been exaggerated, but still, the endorsements favor Craven irregardless.

Paying off a sorority? Where is this bs coming from. You’re prob. pissed that he has IFC endorsed, not just 1 sorority. Who does Perry have endorsed? NNG :)) . She was already a member, and probably is good friend’s with the NNG President. And yeah, the basketball endorsement might’ve been exaggerated, but still, the endorsements favor Craven irregardless.[/quote]

There was an article in Utimes about it, although, of course, both candidates denied involvment. I’ve heard it from another person who I trust to be pretty reliable, but that’s all I can say about that.

The only IFC I know is the Independent Film Channel. I’m guessing that’s the frat organization? Big freaking deal, Craven is in a frat himself, so that’s not surprising. I don’t really know the guy from a personal standpoint, so I’ll keep my mouth shut. However, I do see Reagan at all Niner games, on road trips, etc.

I know she has a passion for our school and would do what’s best for it.

Politics evidently sucks at ALL levels.

[color=green]Ninerballin, Raegan has a passion for our athletics. That’s all you can say for her, imo. Dave is the one who has a passion for our school–not only is he experienced, but is also involved in numerous clubs on campus.

LOL, is that your argument?

I don’t think I’ve yet to see a student here at Charlotte have passion for our athletics, yet could give a flip about our school. Do you know any students who have passion for our atheltics but could care less about our school?

Va wins the thread

[color=green]I’d say Craven isn’t as involved with going to games b/c he’s busy being involved with organizations, and I think he is doing a triple major also, but I do agree with your argument. Although, in my defense, in the school newspaper, Craven said in his interview that his most memorable college experience was winning and rushing the Tennessee game. Perry mentioned some other irrelevant thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve gotten to know Raegan Perry and Darryl pretty decently over the past few months and they have my full hearted support. Raegan does have the University at heart and she will bring amazing change to this campus if she is elected tomorrow. I can’t say the same for Dave.

Raegan and Darryl both understand that a leader doesn’t have to have all the answers, they just have to find the answers from others. Raegan and Darryl have both came to tons of student organizations over the past month or so. They asked for students to voice their concerns and opinions. From what I understand, Dave has done a little of the same. I heard from a few close friends that Dave visited RSA last week and it was an utter disaster. Within two hours it was on FB that RSA was supporting Perry/Bellamy.

This whole incident with Dave claiming men’s basketball team endorses him PISSES ME THE FUC$ OFF!!! How disrespectful to the University to make false accusations, he hasn’t even taken office and he is already lying about things.

Raegan consulted me about a month or two ago on some of my opinions, most of which involved school spirit/campus unity issues. Take a look at the FBook(link posted below). I told Raegan about the idea and let her borrow mine that I received a conference a week or so before. Raegan is all about uniting the campus as a whole, athletics is just where this is most evident.

And in reference to the candidate’s platforms, Raegan’s is in MUCH MUCH more detail. Take a look at defineyourexperience.com. Dave’s most detailed item on his platform is that he wants better toilet paper in the public bathrooms… HOW PATHETIC!!
What about Raegan’s idea of contacting local high schools and recruiting their top students? This is revolutionary. Our perception in the community is slowly changing, thats great, but why wait for it to change when we can act as a catalyst to it? This is what Raegan wants to do. Raegan is entrepreneurial and dedicated to finding solutions. Once again, I can’t say the same about Dave. So what he is an RA and in Greek life??? Big Whop!! That doesn’t mean he knows how to solve problems.

This election is a no brainer as was mentioned before. VOTE PERRY-BELLAMY!!!

FBook Link: https://www.ufalumni.ufl.edu/saa/fbook/2007/

Dave Craven is a frat boy Duke fan. That’s all I need to know. But then again I don’t have a vote…

[color=green]I’d say Craven isn’t as involved with going to games b/c he’s busy being involved with organizations, and I think he is doing a triple major also, but I do agree with your argument. Although, in my defense, in the school newspaper, Craven said in his interview that his most memorable college experience was winning and rushing the Tennessee game. Perry mentioned some other irrelevant thing. :P[/quote]

I don’t care how involved you are, if you don’t go to Niners games then you don’t care about the University. I guarantee I’m more involved than Dave and I make it to all basketball games… I MAKE time!!!

All due respect, but there are plenty of people I know personally on this board who think that triple majoring and being involved in other orgs is not an acceptable excuse for not being at the most important events of the year. I say that because I know of a few of these folks who were really active in SGA, other organizations, and focused a lot on school - they were also always at events.

Secondly - I say again, I’m glad that Craven is qualified to be the face of our SGA. I’m glad he sounds like he’s going to do good things if he wins - thats a lot better than we could say about both candidates in years past. Simultaneously, you’re understanding of Raegan and her abilities are clearly incorrect. I can start listing ways why, but I think thats pointless at this point. Raegan did far more than just come to athletic events and get NNG endorsement.

Finally - know that anyone who has “duke groups” on their facebook (as someone pointed out earlier) is NEVER going to receive the support of people on this board. For goodness sakes, I could be a fan of the most irrelevant team on the face of the earth, but if they were D1 and I didn’t personally attend the university, I would get harassed for it by people on this board. Thats a FACT. (Note: I don’t have a problem with that)

I’m glad to hear we have 2 good candidate groups running. Now, can we stop trashing people who its obvious both sides of the fence know little about?

[color=green]CharlotteSAA2013, you said “Raegan and Darryl both understand that a leader doesn’t have to have all the answers, they just have to find the answers from others.” That’s like saying some Average Joe can become President of America and he’ll be fine b/c he can get help from his VP or his cabinet members. Doesn’t that just sound completely preposterous. Dave does have a lot of good ideas and specifics, I suggest you look at his website www.fightforcharlotte.com.

Chisox17, do you even know Craven personally? If not don’t judge him. SAA, regarding your second post–If Perry is going to all the athletic games, that to me says that she has no life and nothing better to do. It’s not possible to involved deeply with the campus and still be a Niner fanatic, I’d disagree zero. But yes, I’m glad we have two determined candidates. This year’s turnout was the highest in Niner history. And so what if he is a fan of Duke. He’s a Niner first. A good majority of people at this university support another team.

That is nothing like that, not having all the answers is very different from having none. That statement means that she will surround herself with and reach out to the people with the best answers. Raegan already surrounds herself with great people. Raegan reaches out to alum and students, and she’s even heard of a place where people take their concerns for our university, go figure.

Also, kudos for taking his very detailed post, condensing it to one sentence and intentionally(hopefully) misinterpreting it so you can make an outlandish statement.

You just stranded yourself on an island with that one buddy. Best of luck ever making a point here again.

I’m sorry but that comment about no life was uncalled for, GTFO the thread. Just because someone goes to all the games means the have no life? I think not. It’s because they love their school and they are they to support the teams no matter what.

Your last sentence just indicates a problem we have at the university. You think someone who is aiding the problem is going to fix it?

False. Trust me.

I’m just going to flip a coin to decide who I’m going to vote for. I’m just not impressed with either of the these two candidates.

Somehow, this election has pulled me in. I guess its all the campaigning at recent baseball games. I have gotten 1 candidate’s opinion on name change and med school. I would be curious to hear folks in this thread share the 2 candidate’s views on these subjects.

False. Trust me.[/quote]

I’ll second that. There were plenty of people who put time into academics, social lives, jobs and were fanatics. It is possible.

Also, to take a few of Zero’s moves here, they both seem very qualified and have different strengths and weaknesses. When I was an undergrad at Charlotte the candidates were either good or just plain horrible, it wasn’t very hard to vote for someone. I think both sides are making incorrect assumptions but its to be expected with such great candidates.

And Hal, get involved!!! You can definitely have a say, run for senate or lobby! My point being, the SGA is there for you, take advantage of that opportunity to do something about the issues are of interest to you. :smiley:

When does the vote get tallied up?

Can’t be a loyal fan and a dedicated member of student gov’t? A wha?

Somebody call J Ritch and tell him he did the impossible.