Suggestions for Fan Attraction!!!

[COLOR=green][B]I got a couple ideas for attracting fans to Wed’s and future games (Some might be illogical but oh well if thats what it takes):

1. Green the Tower (given)
  2. Flyers, Flyers, Flyers
  3. Green cellephane over some of the lights in dorms, turns the halls green
  4. Wear as much green and Charlotte gear as you can.
  5. Get an advertisement on TV, or newspaper. (Haha, not gonna happen)
  6. Get the game on the front page of Charlotte Home page(people will see it everytime they log into 49er express)
  7. Go buy some damn stickers or flags to put on your car, bookstore sells them but no one has them.
  8. MOST IMPORTANTLY- GET YOUR LAZY ASSES UP AND GET YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS TO THE GAMES.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14]GO NINERS[SIZE=14]!!!

Im getting on the flyers…made some this morning, and a girls soccer player is gonna make copies for me at the SAC cause athletes print for free.

The front page of uncc.edu would be awesome, right now its the pic of our girls confrence tourney thats coming here. Anyone see Dan today, let him know and see if he can make it happen.

Have a band. What ever happened to those days, we use to have some good bands on campus, Ratskeller, Soccer games, Spring Fling etc…

My roomate printed about 100 flyers last night, we will be out posting them tonight.

Be careful where you post them, if it’s a glass door with no other papers there’s probably a reason. Seems like teachers or someone else who get there at 8 will remove them before many people can see them. I think we are planning on sticking to public post boards for the most part tonight, but since we have so many we will probably place them on desks in classes. There’s always alot of stuff like that on Fretwell desks, no one ever really takes them so hopefully they would stay for at least most of the day.

Also if you get to a class early, write something in the corner of the board about the game. We are going to try to do that when we go out tonight.

The frontpage of uncc.edu would be a great idea. Hopefully somebody can start talking about that for our last 2 home games.

I haven’t seen the Utimes today, but it needs to have something about our ranking and our big game tomorrow. Say what you will about the paper, but it reaches a lot of bored students during class.

The school should provide signs along Hwy 49 hyping the game, they have plenty of space on the front field and there is plenty of traffic.

you can get a good band for $25k.

take a lesson from Wake Forrest…

[i]Originally posted by EJNiner[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 12:08 PM [b] take a lesson from Wake Forrest..... [/b]
As much as I hate to admit it, and it's been discussed here, you're correct. WFU games are an "event," it's not a "basketball game."

And while on the topic, they have a nice sized store in Hanes Mall affiliated with the school, that sells nothing but Wake Forest items; jerseys, shirts, hats, prints, blankets, dolls. It’s the best selection I’ve ever seen of collegiate items without being on a campus.

yep, as much as i dislike prosser (b/c he refuses to play us) i respect what he’s done marketing the basketball program to the student body and the winston community. odom struggled to fill the seats and those that showed sat on their hands. he’s doing something right up there :unsure:

After attending the Bobcats game last night, I vote that we do no emulate the “DJ Bobcat” portion of their entertainment package. In a word - LAME.

[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 10:16 AM [b] Spring Fling etc... [/b]
That one took me back (to the early 90's). I still have a VHS tape here from where a friend and I got to do color/play-by-play for a Duke/UK game out on the front field where Spring Fling was going on. That was a lot of fun and a great way to promote the program. Do they even have anything at all like that these days?

Bring on Y DANCE!!! :rolleyes:

After some general discussions it seems as we have a two headed beast for ball games. We have the marketing dept. headed by Dan Devos and we have Signature Sports. I could be wrong but I believe Signature Sports is hired to help with our promotions and halftime entertainment. I think they also work with sponsers like Pepsi and Chic fil a. My understanding is the marketing dept. is responsible for coordinating stuff like fan of the game, 3 point shootout, and other stuff. If we want an atmosphere like Wake, and it is awesome, it would be in the marketting dept. hands to figure it out. Whether its with student contracts or dead ball things they do to get you going. I could be wrong on all this but I think I got most of it right.

Remember to that the Marketing dept probably works on a tighter budget than Wake so if we want matching shirts for a big game to be in our chairs, like Wake has done twice this year, that money has to come from somewhere. We can get this turned around…lets figure out how and take advantage of our top 25 mo.

How bout topless young ladies that serve beer?

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 12:17 PM [b] WFU games are an "event," it's not a "basketball game."

[/b]

And the reason for this is… envelope please…TA-DAAAA!!

THEY’RE WINNING BIG AND WINNING OFTEN. THEY’RE #1 IN THE ACC AND ARE RANKED 5TH IN THE COUNTRY!!! Very simple, hunh? Mystery solved.

Word: you can put a few more butts in the seats with giveaways and such, but nothing succeeds like success and puts sell-out LOUD voices in an arena.

I have a dream today: that one day NINER fans will rise up and live out their legacy of having a pretty damn good b-ball program and (this is key, folks) ATTEND GAMES TO SEE OUR NINERS WIN, REGARDLESS OF WHO WE PLAY. I have a dream.

It does have a growing effect though. If we make a nice run this year there will be more people ponying up and buying season tickets in the off season. It has an anticipation effect that takes prolonged success to develop. If you can add some ambience it would help you retain those fans during tougher stretches.

[i]Originally posted by 49er1+Feb 15 2005, 08:55 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49er1 @ Feb 15 2005, 08:55 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Feb 15 2005, 08:21 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Feb 15 2005, 08:21 PM)
Originally posted by 49er1@Feb 15 2005, 08:55 PM [b]
[i]Originally posted by 49er1+Feb 15 2005, 09:27 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49er1 @ Feb 15 2005, 09:27 PM)
Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er@Feb 15 2005, 08:21 PM [b]
Originally posted by 49er1@Feb 15 2005, 08:55 PM [b]

We are doing what we can…we are talking about it. I got a wife and three kids and not a ton of free time to put together a better marketing plan. I give money…thats what I can do. If someone sees a better environment for a game thats an hour away I would think we could cherry pick a few ideas.