Tailgate for Hofstra!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the first tailgating event of the 2006-2007 Men’s Basketball season will take place Saturday November 11th @ 12:30 in Lot 23(Same as last year’s location) and will last until 30 minutes prior to game tipoff at 3:30 pm.

and always wear green and go Niners!

I love the tailgating idea, and had a blast last year, but the student turnout is going to be pretty poor with this new get-there-super-early-system.

At least they are starting it earlier this year to try to make up for it.

[QUOTE=CMack124;196292]At least they are starting it earlier this year to try to make up for it.[/QUOTE]

True. Id be out there if I didnt have to work. Ill be at the game tho without a doubt

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196293]True. Id be out there if I didnt have to work. Ill be at the game tho without a doubt[/QUOTE]
get a new job, seriously.

[QUOTE=CMack124;196301]get a new job, seriously.[/QUOTE]

lol. it kept me from missing one game last year. yeah yeah i know, one is too many. trust me i have already asked off for all game days and LL’s from now thru early december :shades: :49ers:

Can Alums come?

This event is open to everyone.

I’ll come by.
Is there food?
Are any of you going out that night to see the Brock fight?
Watch out for the traffic cops on campus. They’re sticter than they were when I was on campus. An alum can’t even go to a A-10 Tourney Soccer Match w/out facing harassment by the man.

I would like to come, but I’d rather get good seats.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;196480]I would like to come, but I’d rather get good seats.[/QUOTE]
You can go from 12:30 until 2:15 then walk to the SAC and get good seats.

They should run the Nugget from the fields to the arena so that tailgaters can be drinking up until the last minute, then jump on the bus instead of allowing for 10 minutes to get to the arena. Just a thought

[QUOTE=CMack124;196301]get a new job, seriously.[/QUOTE]

I dont have to work Saturday anymore. Ill be tailgatin :shades:

Ohh… Nugget. I didnt know the tailgate started that early.

[QUOTE=f-o-r-t-y-n-i-n-e-r-s;196485]They should run the Nugget from the fields to the arena so that tailgaters can be drinking up until the last minute, then jump on the bus instead of allowing for 10 minutes to get to the arena. Just a thought[/QUOTE]
I really think they should look into this, I know a lot of people who won’t come out because of the walk.

The reasoning behind that idea is two fold. One it is a long walk, especially after alchohol intake and food intake. The reasoning I was thinking of is merely a timing one. We have to get to the game so friggin early beacuse of this new system to get the front row that every second counts. Just to give everyone an idea, I had to get to the game last night 35 min before the doors opened to get my front row seat and that was Guelph. GW is looking like 90 min - 2 hours before doors open.

[QUOTE=f-o-r-t-y-n-i-n-e-r-s;196556]The reasoning behind that idea is two fold. One it is a long walk, especially after alchohol intake and food intake. The reasoning I was thinking of is merely a timing one. We have to get to the game so friggin early beacuse of this new system to get the front row that every second counts. Just to give everyone an idea, I had to get to the game last night 35 min before the doors opened to get my front row seat and that was Guelph. GW is looking like 90 min - 2 hours before doors open.[/QUOTE]
Its also a money thing, they already pay a lot to hold the tailgates just to have police standing there, I’m not sure if that is going to change this year or not. If it were a weekday tailgate and it would only involve keeping the buses running a little bit longer it would probably be an option. But paying to have the buses come out an extra day can’t be cheap. And it isn’t like tailgates are something that brings any money in.

It makes all the sense in the world to make a bus run, it would increase tailgate attendance and make it more enjoyable for those who show up, but I don’t know how much money they are wanting pour into it.

The school has those vans. They should just use a couple of those as shuttles.

It would be 10x better if tailgating was in the lot beside where they are building the new deck. Then people would SEE the tailgating, and come the following weeks, etc. Its stupid that they put it so far back so that only people who already know about it can go. I went several times last year.

but what’s the deal about going early for good seats? I called the ticket office and bought mine. Aren’t they preassigned, or is this the Southwest Airlines apporach??