Tailgating

Tonight before the Georgia State game, me and a group of about 15 people or so sat on the top level of the West Deck lit up the match light charcoal, grilled steaks, shrimp, hotdogs, and pork. The Event Staff people did not say a word and we even offered them some extra hot dogs. As a student who has been to plenty of NC State Football Tailgates, there is no substitute for being able to grill up some food, have some drinks and get ready for a game. I think for the ECU game on Jan. 8th we should make it an event. Grills out there, students and alumni mixing it up, and make it an event before we see our 49ers dominate ECU, a team we have seemed to either dominate or win on a last second shot or something.

Well, any interest? Sounds cool.

Just hang out at Picasso’s tomorrow with your fellow Niner fans and then try to organize a pregame get-together for Saint Louis. Personally, I think there should be an organized event prior to every homegame or at least all the ones that fall on a Saturday/Sunday.

When we tailgated on the top of the West Deck, we had to get there about an hour and a half prior to the game…before the parking services people blocked the area off.

I don’t know how uptight the school is about stuff, but who would stop people from tailgating on the quad between the Cone Center and Belk Gym?

It’s not so much the school that I would worry about. It’s the “police officers.” They’re the ones that get power-hungry. Most of the school administration are at least real people.

CAmpus police are the biggest dickheads there are. They are looking for an opportunity to make a bust, no matter how small the infraction…

Another factor is that the ECU game will have more Pirate fans than total attendance for the Georgia State game.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 7 2005, 02:59 PM [b] CAmpus police are the biggest dickheads there are. They are looking for an opportunity to make a bust, no matter how small the infraction... [/b]
Yup. We tried tailgating a few years back and they almost arrested all of us. Be careful, open containers are not allowed on campus.
[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt[/i]@Jan 7 2005, 11:44 PM [b] Another factor is that the ECU game will have more Pirate fans than total attendance for the Georgia State game. [/b]
Actually, from their message board, a lot of them aren't making the trip because of how bad their team is this year (their words, not mine). Their official "Minges Maniacs" aren't even making the trip.

The Minges Maniacs site had a thread about the game/trip before the site blew up.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Jan 8 2005, 01:15 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Jan 8 2005, 01:15 AM)
[i]Originally posted by VA49er[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 07:14 AM [b] You can try to pour the beer into an empty Coke can. [/b]
Written in true 49er fan form, VA! Whatever happened to the good old days of drinking out on the patio between Moore and Sanford Halls? :(

Hahahah, wait, you guys don’t tailgate? And you have to find secret spots to do it? Now that is funny. :lol:

yeah HUMNUTs, we are such a disgrace cause we dont have huge tailgate parties! and we plan on secert spots to do it in. lets not laugh at the fact you tailgated for the USF game and then lost to them… how sad.

skeet and others, we grill out at our place before most games. ya’ll are always welcome to come over and eat before hand. we have a keg today though! so we are going to soak it up then go to picassos, see everyone there!

Hey dummy, ECU tailgates for all games. It’s not like they pick and choose what games to get up for.

I don’t think you are a disgrace, I think your school isn’t much of a University when it comes to sporting events.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 12:24 PM [b] I think your school isn't much of a University. [/b]
That hurts coming from an ECU fan. Ouch!
[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 12:24 PM [b]Hey dummy...[/b]
i am a dummy...

not the guy that is chatting on the other teams message board, no, he isnt a dummy, but i am…

i think someone wishes they were a [SIZE=3]49er…[/SIZE]

to help you transfer, not that we want you at charlotte, visit here… http://www.admissions.uncc.edu/

[b]i am a dummy...

not the guy that is chatting on the other teams message board, no, he isnt a dummy, but i am…

i think someone wishes they were a 49er…

to help you transfer, not that we want you at charlotte, visit here… http://www.admissions.uncc.edu[/b]

BAAAHAHHAHAHAHHHAAH!!! YEAH RIGHT!!! LMAO!!

UNC-Charlotte is a joke! :lol:

[i]Originally posted by VA49er[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 08:14 AM [b] You can try to pour the beer into an empty Coke can. Used to work back in the day. [/b]
ONe could do that, but at the age of 28, I dont' think I should have to.

See the above picture…That is tailgating. :lol:

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 03:19 PM [b] See the above picture....That is tailgating. :lol: [/b]
Watch out, everyone. IT's another attack from Captain Obvious.

If you guys keep it within 30, you should be proud. I think that’s what sank campus sports a couple of years ago, was the 35% discount.