Tell us about Charlotte

A campus cop beating his wife? This needs more details.
Iā€™m glad the guy is helping. Iā€™ve also come up w/ ideas to start to make $ w/ small schools, but I wonā€™t discuss here because I havenā€™t copyrighted yet.
What did Cornbread do to dis us? I like Maine.
Other notables are the boxer & the guy that interned in the White House w/ Pres. Clinton. Not that I like Clinton, but it was a big deal to have someone in the White House. I also knew a guy in college that worked w/ the 2nd Pres. Bush for a while. I canā€™t remember either oneā€™s name.
Rev. Ben Chavis, who became Ben Chavis Muhammed is a big civil rights leader. Granted I donā€™t agree w/ him on most issues, but he is a 49er.

(1) What is your biggest tradition? clt says it is playing to the level of the competition

(2) What is your best sport? clt says it is golf

(3) Which team is your biggest rival? clt says it is floridaā€¦they just dont know it yet.

(4) What is one thing that every College Sports Junkies should know about Charlotte? clt

(5) If you could play any team in any sport who would that be? clt would play unc-ch in football

(6) Who is your most legendary player? clt offers malik el tamir.

Thanks again everyone. I took out 49or bustā€™s comments. I also add a few more that didnt make the original post.

[QUOTE=cltniners;254827]Which team is your biggest rival? clt says it is floridaā€¦they just dont know it yet. [/QUOTE]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When it comes to the Belk Tower, Facilities Management took over that last year because they probably didnā€™t trust the students with the new plastic gels.

However, they would leave the gels in for weeks at a time, and often not put them back in for games. The theory was that weā€™d put the gels in the day prior to a game, and take them out the day after. I guess Facilities found this too time consuming.

This school fights hard to prevent tradition, eh?

ETA- the green Belk Tower would be a viable tradition, but I don't remember the last time I saw that happen.

Part of the idea for the new entrance (when it is built in its initial state and in its totality) is to address this. While Belk Tower was nice it was centered on campus and not totally visible from the road, although still better then the little plastic signs that read ā€œBasketball tonight!ā€

[QUOTE=WBNiner;254801]ANY attention we get from this blog is more attention than we get from the Big O.

This was my 1500th post![/QUOTE]
Congrats on your 1500th postā€¦ One with quality substance.

Im gonna start endorsing Eason here, since you wont put Gillā€™s place up on traditions.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;254869]Im gonna start endorsing Eason here, since you wont put Gillā€™s place up on traditions.[/QUOTE]
Looks like your chance at fame has gone right down the oleā€™ crapper.

Looks like your chance at fame has gone right down the ole' crapper.

I know. When do I get my shot?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;254717]You can get the answers to these questions and many more by simply reading the Charlotte Observer. They give us more coverage than any other newspaper in town.[/QUOTE]

Now THEREā€™S a tradition!

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;254939]Now THEREā€™S a tradition![/QUOTE]
Not bad Mike. I applaud your sense of humor. Not bad for a tarhole fan. Most of them have NO sense of humor.

[SIZE=2]We are trying to cover some schools that may not get as much attention as others. I hope that you will allow the post to stay and answer a few questions. If your moderator or you (as a collective whole) choose to ignore or delete this post, then so be it. However, this is a good chance to let other folks know about you. Please answer a few questions about Charlotte for the blog College Sports Junkies:

(1) What is your biggest tradition? Throwing objects on the basketball floor.

(2) What is your best sport? basketball

(3) Which team is your biggest rival? Cincy but we donā€™t play them anymore.

(4) What is one thing that every College Sports Junkies should know about Charlotte? Never bet on us when we are the favorite. Poor FT shooting causes us to not cover the spread.

(5) If you could play any team in any sport who would that be? The Fighting Irish in football.

(6) Who is your most legendary player? Cornbread Maxwell. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]http://collegesportsjunkies.blogspot.com [/SIZE]

:dribble: