Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

You can look at the tweets from the coaches as we are not recruiting them, but it may be that our coaches may not feel they are good enough for our program. The high school coaches may just be trying to get their guy a spot, but most likely he is not getting many looks from other schools or they would not be tweeting to us.

We finally have a team that we can put our faith in and cheer and people still complain that the coach needs to go. It is just like a job that the next coach may not be any better or even worse.

I am hoping that we win out and go bowling and be proud of the Niners instead of complaining that we should still fire Lambert.

You can be happy for the players and program and still want the coach fired. We’ve improved and Lambert’s program still can’t get folks in the stadium to watch, that’s a problem. Our recruiting is near bottom of CUSA, that’s a problem. POTENTIALLY finally finishing at .500 for the first time after 6 years, not #GoldStandard.

ODU’s coach found a way to go 38-10 in their first 4 years before hitting CUSA play. Lambert was 10-12 overall before the move. Maybe he just isn’t good enough to make this a CUSA championship level program, which is what Hill is here to do.

I think everybody wants us to do well and succeed. I want lambert to serve me the biggest plate of crow on planet earth. I will eat it gladly, although I may require some texas pete.

Just like we said with Judy, Every empty seat is somebody else telling you how they feel about lambert.

I think a lot of the empty seats are a carry over from last year when we were absolutely atrocious to watch. Once you’ve lost some fans, it’s hard to get them back. Charlotte is a fickle city. The general public only supports winners.

1 Like

Then we better win. I don’t think .500 ball is going to win over Joe Schmo and family.

1 Like

You are correct. A lot of folks in my section told me at FAU that if Brad was back, they wouldn’t be. I haven’t seen those folks this season.

As for recruiting locally, you need develop the relationship, perhaps even take a guy who is fringing every once in a while to maintain it. It sound like we just aren’t trying… but App isn’t having a bad time getting Meck kids.

D.O.B.A.

Unless he can put a local recruiting homerun (i.e. Tommy Knotts) on the staff.

Just freaking stop it already. Hell, I want Lambert gone too, I just refuse to say EVERYTHING he does is wrong or the worst ever.

We have been absolutely atrocious from the get go including playing teams with less talent then we had at times. This staff has never had a winning season and barring a miracle won’t this year even with the improvement of the team. Brad has gone through multiple offensive and defensive coordinators. At some point when every room you walk into stinks it’s time to change your deodorant.

Just looked up Mallard Creek. They have 7 guys listed on 247 Sports. One has committed to WVU. Two others have offers from the likes of Michigan, Miami, Ole Miss and Chapel Hill. Those three are all 3* recruits. There is another 3* and a 2* who have 0 offers. The final two guys, currently have 0*. They obviously have kids who are talented enough to play for us. There could be other reasons not to recruit them but we wouldn’t likely know that without talking with staff from the school. Some guys want to play as close to home as possible so family and friends can see them play. That’s how you can occasionally get guys who would otherwise be out of your weight class.

(Providence didn’t have much for '18 & '19 but had guys sign with VT and ECU in '17)

what exactly has he done correct?

Coordinator change has been great, of course would have been nice if this was done a few years ago.

Lambert should never been hired as a head coach but I think after six years of on the job training he has learned a few things by this point. With his back against the wall he has performed better this season than in years past.

1 Like

On attendance. Did we put out the three game mini-packs this year and if so, which other 2 games were on the App game ticket package?

not because of him, because of the new coordinators. do you think he all of a sudden learned how to coach?

I think FIU attendance will say a lot as well. With so much on the line, and this being the best record we’ve had late in a season FIU is a good indicator of what we will see with brad moving forward.

I’d be willing to bet anything it doesn’t sell out.

Someone close to the program said yesterday, that if we win 2 more game and/or go to a bowl that
he’ll probably get another year due to the coaching staff thats been assembled and the players that are returning and coming in next year, and Hill may not want to blow it up right now.
Not agreeing…just passing along info.

Well he has 1 year left on his deal, you can’t let him go into that year without an extension, otherwise his recruiting gets worse. After this season you need to extend or terminate.

How does it get much worse than NOW? Aren’t we below some FCS schools in most of the recruiting rankings?

I agree, If he wins 2 more games he stays and I would agree with the decision.
He was a “dead man walking” at the beginning of the season and somehow has
things going in the right direction.
Got to give him some credit for sticking with it.