Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

Iā€™m interested. PM me at your convenience.

I am locked and loaded - no ambulance, but looking forward to this. Rolling up Saturday morning and staying in Pigeon Forge. We win we part in Knox, we lose we party in Gatlinburg!

1 Like

I am excited about the weekend. Hopefully we can hang with Tennessee for a half. They may not be as good as they have been in the past but theyā€™re still SEC team ie lots of talent. I know a lot of people who are going and hope we are well represented Saturday.

1 Like

Tuttle sounds like a North Davidson area name???

Yup sure is, Welcome to Welcome! He was a high 4* coming out of high school.

D-lineman for UT? Yeah. His family is from North Davidson and has churned out good football players. He played for the Knights, heā€™s got an uncle or dad who played in the NFL iirc?

Any tv or internet feed for this game?

Iā€™ll be looking down and to my left from section A, but for TV, one of the SEC networks has it.

1 Like

Anybody want to get together and watch?

Spectrum channel 385

Is anyone else as conflicted as I am??

I am so ready for Lambert to be gone and for us to get a real coach and a staff that can recruit kids other than 0 stars and when weā€™re the only D1 offer.

But I really would love a win at Tennessee and a bowl game. Both would be HUGE for our programā€¦especially if we want to look relevant for the next realignment and stadium expansion.

But winning at Tennessee and/or a bowl berth would mean Lambert stays.

I am so conflicted.

Iā€™ll take a win at Tennessee and no bowl game. Tennessee is not good this year. Lambert could still get the boot if we lost out after. That seems reasonable I think?

2 Likes

The questions on keeping Lambert are these:

1. Does beating Tennessee improve his ability to recruit?

2. Does making a bowl improve his ability to recruit?

3. Will a significant number of fans revolt even if the answers to 2 and 3 are yes?

These are the questions Mike Hill has to answer in order to decide on retaining Brad Lambert as our head coach.

Yes, yes, no.

All summer I would drone on when someone said weā€™d go winless, that would would tear Fordham apart. They simply donā€™t have the athletes, size, speed, depth that we do.

Iā€™m saying all that in reverse now. We might can play with them for a bit, but you saw how we kind of fell apart late against USM. We donā€™t have the players and depth Tennessee has. Throw on top of that we still have Lambert running the show and Iā€™m a little scared. Weā€™ve lost our buy game by an average score of 61-10.

My goal here is to keep it around the Vegas line, score a little, keep everyone healthy and not take a demoralizing loss. And if we take 61-10 loss, Iā€™m still proud if our guys.

1 Like

Tennessee played UMass in this spot last season and it was a close game going into the 4th quarter. Iā€™d like to see this game materialize like that game.

2 Likes

Plus, they only beat UTEP 24-0 (IIRC) earlier this year. We are clearly better than UTEP, although I realize that doesnā€™t really mean anything.

2 Likes
1 Like

clt has a good feeling about Saturday