Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

Good post, I would also say Lambert at least gets some credit for
hiring Spencer. Also Montgomery’s scheme, with QB not accurate and weak OL except Nate, did a good job scheming to give us 10 min advantage in ball control

It’s his third d coordinator. Congrats on not sucking every time.

1 Like

The new coach would be stupid if he didnt try to keep Spencer.

1 Like

TOTAL BULL SHIT CALL. The replay showed NO ONE on our side moved. Asshole sec refs.

Shirreffs has a lot of rust from not playing much over the last several years…some of which you think could improve with more experience but some maybe not. Like Matt, once he breaks out of the pocket…he’s not looking to throw anymore…he just tucks it and runs. Reynolds made a few plays scrambling to extend the play while still looking to make a throw. Shirreff’s accuracy is very hit and miss and I swear, to be so tall, he gets a ton of balls batted down at the line for some reason.

Does the pocket awareness and accuracy get better with experience??

I honestly just wish Reynolds had Shirreff’s arm and size…we’d be good to go!

I agree with whoever said it would be nice to see Pope get some action now that he can still be redshirted.

It was shocking to see how physically dominant we were on D. The OL held up pretty well too, we had a chance to get a W today.

The tailgate was off the charts, and the Niner Nation was loud and proud in the stadium. Most of our fans hung around to give the team a standing ovation after game, and they deserved it.

Today is how it should and can be as a game day experience. Very proud of the guys, and the fans as well.

Good move by Hill to bring a travel band.

3 Likes

IMO, Spencer is auditioning quite well for another P5 DC gig, or potentially a lower level HC gig.

Notice that I said “try”. I know a new guy will want his but it would be hard to overlook what Spencer has done.

Spencer should be the new guy, let’s not overthink this.

clt says the sec network had to mute the audio when the sideline reporter was on the air. You could easily hear a forty- niners chant!

Well let me just say this has been one of the best Niner trips I’ve made. Easy, quick drive, amazing tailgate location and one hell of a game! A win would have made it awesome but it was a great atmosphere, the UT fans were great and our seats were awesome. I have no voice left. Was great to hear that the 49 chant was audible on tv and radio. I don’t know how many folks we had there but there was more green that I expected given our current state. Kudos to everyone that came along. 2020 will be here before you know it and I’ll definitely have the ambulance ready to make the drive. Everyone should plan on coming that one. At the end of the day this game was an example of why we wanted football and it didn’t disappoint.

Also a side note I got fussed at by some coaches wives. One of our dumb penalties occurred and I said this is why you are getting fired Brad. His wife fussed at me. :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

If we play like we did today over the next three, we may bowl. Proud of this team. Umass and MTSU really sting now.

The way the defense played, we can only wonder the outcome if Reynolds and Tucker had suited up!

Wish we had a shot at App now. The down side to firing Lambert is bringing in a new coach that would install new schemes. I’d like to roll to Boone with most of this D intact, coaches and players. Note: not a endorsement of Brad.

We would have lost

I don’t think Coach is going to be fired…we play like yesterday we win out.

We score three points moving forward we won’t win another game. The D has been great but there is a reason Shirreffs is at Charlotte and never played at Miami.

1 Like

I hope a moral victory against a below average UT team doesn’t save Lambert’s job.

1 Like

You didn’t know the coaches’ families were in earshot in the visitor section? Was it actually Mrs Lambert that scolded you?

Welcome to FBS football, if you go 21-45, fans are probably gonna fuss at you.