[QUOTE=Basden05;383965]Agreed

Get the best players you can. Imagine a starting lineup in 2 years of:

Point Guard
Shamarr Bowden
Terrel Vinson
KJ Sherill
Chris Braswell

Oh my!!![/QUOTE]

and thats not even including possible point guards we could add in the future like daryl trayham from vance. hopefully, we add a fifth guy to that lineup. lol.

Apparently, none of you have ever paid attention to our program. There will be more schollies than you think- we always have someone leave the program in the off season.

Hell, lets start a pool. Pick who is leaving and if more than one picks the same guy, the day it’s announced is the tie-breaker.

$5 to enter- I’ll hold the money.

Terrell Vinson fellas would be just as big of a signing as Rodney White. The kid is that good. I think everyone can figure out why he would sign with Loyola, the kid could play at any school in America. He would be a HUGE get to go along with CB, KJ, and with Spears playing next year. WOW... I was shocked when I opened this thread.

First of all, pass whatever you’re smoking.

2nd of all, Rodney White was a lottery pick after just 1 year here. Basically, saying this kid is as good as Rodney is saying he’ll step in and be one of the best talents this program has ever seen.

A little too lofty don’t you think?

As a wise person said, you’re only as good as your weakest link. Having an elite frontcourt, doesn’t mean nothing if you can’t have a good backcourt. A 2009 PG is a must. There’s guys out there. Dijuan Harris was a going to be sophomore at a JUCO when he walked on here. Now, he’s argubly the best PG in the A10. Getting someone, anyone who can contribute at the PG position will be better than having another guy who will see the bench in the frontcourt.

Apparently, none of you have ever paid attention to our program. There will be more schollies than you think- we always have someone leave the program in the off season.

Hell, lets start a pool. Pick who is leaving and if more than one picks the same guy, the day it’s announced is the tie-breaker.

$5 to enter- I’ll hold the money.

Ha! Your theory is impressive, but misses an important detail. The player won’t leave until it’s pretty much impossible to fill their position that year. And odds are it will be a position that we are currently thin on. Call it “The Niner corollary”.

[QUOTE=9erken;384004]Ha! Your theory is impressive, but misses an important detail. The player won’t leave until it’s pretty much impossible to fill their position that year. And odds are it will be a position that we are currently thin on. Call it “The Niner corollary”.[/QUOTE]

Darn fine point- I can’t believe I missed it.

i dont post much but i think if you want a pg you are missing the biggest point and flaw of this team. Dew did a fine job running the point. pg is not holding this team back. the thing is we have no rebounding ability. players like this that can play the 2-4 positions can obviously handle the ball enough and they will control the boards at thier position. you cant win if you dont rebound

i both agree and disagree with your post. dewhurst didnt do a good job running the point but i do agree that we did not rebound well at all this year. supposedly one of vinson’s strengths is rebounding. all the more reason to go after him.

didnt say a good job. he didnt lose games for us. when your role changes to pg it takes a few games to get used to. he has only had 3 games which he turned the ball over more than 2 times. the point is when you play team basketball and move the ball you dont need a great pg (he wont make the other players better). you need good players with good fundamentals.

[QUOTE=warpedball;384031]didnt say a good job. he didnt lose games for us. when your role changes to pg it takes a few games to get used to. he has only had 3 games which he turned the ball over more than 2 times. the point is when you play team basketball and move the ball you dont need a great pg (he wont make the other players better). you need good players with good fundamentals.[/QUOTE]

just for the record you did say “fine job”…which he definitely did not do.No knock on Dew,he’s just not a PG…at all.

thats getting beside the point. we lack good fundamentals in passing and rebounding. we are a mid major team. look at a team like the Xavier. the reason they dominate is not because they have a great pg. they have 3 good players that can play 2-3 or 2-4 spot. they are a great passing team. our players dont know who to pass to and when they do someone is not in a position to catch, a big reason we cant go inside the paint with a pass. and if watch harris misses alot of post up opportunities to wilderness.

[QUOTE=warpedball;384034]thats getting beside the point. we lack good fundamentals in passing and rebounding. we are a mid major team. look at a team like the Xavier. the reason they dominate is not because they have a great pg. they have 3 good players that can play 2-3 or 2-4 spot. they are a great passing team. our players dont know who to pass to and when they do someone is not in a position to catch, a big reason we cant go inside the paint with a pass. and if watch harris misses alot of post up opportunities to wilderness.[/QUOTE]

woah. we are not a mid major.

Dew did a fine job running the point.

No disrespect to Dewhurst, but he was an absolute trainwreck at the point. You must not have been watching the first 8 or 9 games of the season.

not a mid major? then what do you call it? we are in the a-10 thats mid major enough for me. what defines a mid major team is one that builds with quality players that develop in a tournament run team. its not the draft where we can get matt ryan and take us back to the postseason. and i maybe have missed 3 games over the last 5 seasons since i started at uncc

Terrell Vinson fellas would be just as big of a signing as Rodney White. The kid is that good. I think everyone can figure out why he would sign with Loyola, the kid could play at any school in America. He would be a HUGE get to go along with CB, KJ, and with Spears playing next year. WOW... I was shocked when I opened this thread.

Careful. This is the type of hype that leads to too high of expectations. White was a lottery pick. Are you really ready to predict this kid is going to be a lottery pick?

woah. we are not a mid major.

Well, we’re definitely not high major at all. Not even close.

That leaves Mid-Major or Low Major…take your pick.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;384062]Well, we’re definitely not high major at all. Not even close.

That leaves Mid-Major or Low Major…take your pick.[/QUOTE]

you dont think high major teams have crappy seasons?

i dont post much but i think if you want a pg you are missing the biggest point and flaw of this team. Dew did a fine job running the point. pg is not holding this team back. the thing is we have no rebounding ability. players like this that can play the 2-4 positions can obviously handle the ball enough and they will control the boards at thier position. you cant win if you dont rebound

First of all, I think you are missing the point. Dew did a terrible job running the point, big deal, not his position, he should be playing SF which he is much better at.

Our entire front court will be transformed next year with Braswell and Spears getting the starts.

you dont think high major teams have crappy seasons?

I don’t think High Majors play in sh!tty 1-2 bid conferences.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;384070]I don’t think High Majors play in sh!tty 1-2 bid conferences.[/QUOTE]

last year was it was a three bid conference.

thats getting beside the point. we lack good fundamentals in passing and rebounding. we are a mid major team. look at a team like the Xavier. the reason they dominate is not because they have a great pg. they have 3 good players that can play 2-3 or 2-4 spot. they are a great passing team. our players dont know who to pass to and when they do someone is not in a position to catch, a big reason we cant go inside the paint with a pass. and if watch harris misses alot of post up opportunities to wilderness.

First of all, Xavier hasn’t missed a beat this year because they have gotten fantastic play out of their only PG in frosh Terrell Holloway, but they have a guy in Dante Jackson who is a combo guard who can run the point when needed to give Holloway a breather. We don’t have that, we did in Shamarr, but he got hurt.

The ONLY, I mean ONLY reason Xavier made it to the Elite 8 last year was because of Drew Lavender. If you don’t believe me, go ask a Xavier fan, and see what they’ll tell you. If they go deep this year, it’s because they’ll have to get great play out of Holloway.

And seriously? You’re knocking Harris for missing feeds? The guy leads the conference in Assists/TO ratio as well as Assists/Game.