Terrence Williams- SG West Meck 2011 - signed LOI to Charlotte

Committed to UNC-W, but has since reopened recruited and listed us as school of interest.

6-4 SG and avg. 16 point as a So. last year.

Rivals - no stars

Scout - 3 star

ESPN - 88 rating, 2 star

ESPN player evaluation

[b]Strengths:[/b] Terrence is a versatile scoring guard who can knock down shots from 3-point range and has a dependable mid-range game as well. Terrance also rebounds very well from his guard position which is crucial if you don't play with a true center which a lot of teams don't. Williams displays some impressive athletic ability, getting to the basket and finishing with aggressiveness. He gets up off the floor with a quick effortless bounce and can recevie alley-oop passes that he completes with a jam. He has a good feel for the game and made some mature decisions. He's a good athlete and has a bright future. [b]Weaknesses:[/b] He is by no means a finished product and has some good upside, but needs to continue to develop his skill level. Needs to be a more consistent shooter behind the 3-point line. He has to be able to penetrate more with his left hand (weak hand). He has the potential to be a good defender, he just has to commit to that end of the floor. [b]Bottom Line:[/b] Terrence plays with a good amount of passion. Add in his ability to get to the basket and it's this versatility that will make him a potent scorer in the Atlantic 10. Reminds us of Reggie Jackson who's at BC; very similar type of player.

Senior schedule at West Meck

N22 W. Charlotte
D1 Ardrey Kell
D2 @ E. Meck
D7 S. Meck
D10 Vance
D15 @ Berry
D17 Waddell
D20-22 Prep All-Stars @ Queens (B)
D28-30 West Meck Challenge (G)
J4 Garinger
J5 @ Huss
J7 Harding
J10 Berry
J14 @ Olympic
J15 @ Catholic
J19 @ E. Gaston
J25 Catholic
J28 @ Waddell
F1 @ Garinger
F4 @ Harding
F8 E. Gaston
F11 Olympic

Nice find. 16 ppg as a soph is impressive.

Nice size at 6’4". Have not seen anything local on this kid. Anyone have more info?

From what I read, looks like he didn’t start as Soph. but about half way through he started to. West Meck was a good team and had some good talent last year. They have another guard (Charles Morrision) who averaged 25.0 PPG last year- 8th best in the state and another kid that average 18 PPG (Aaron Bennett).

Terrence also average 10.8 Reb. last year. West Meck is my old school so I going to go check out some of their games this year…I will update with review and all.

Here what Dave telep had to say about him…

Scout.com national recruiting analyst Dave Telep had this to say about Williams:

“He’s a perimeter guy with some athleticism who can give you some pop behind the line and above the rim. He’s one of the better athletes in the class. Our state is so loaded in 2011, it’s a good commitment. So far, so good.”

I’ll be in Charlotte on Monday and Tuesday at an AAU event on the campus of UNCC. Williams is scheduled to be there so I plan to watch him play and talk with him face to face.

Here’s a link to ESPN’s evaluation. They graded him out at 87, which is high-major by their calculations. They think he’ll be ready to contribute as a freshman. http://hawkshoops.blogs.starnewsonline.com/10016/hawks-hoops-hawks-pick-up-2011-commit/

More info…

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=77412&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d77412

Goes to West Meck.

6-4 SG and avg. 16 point as a So. last year.

Rivals- None

Scout- http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=2&cid=896747&nid=4203816&fhn=1&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d75%26p%3d9%26c%3d2%26cid%3d896747%26nid%3d4203816%26fhn%3d1

Espn- http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId

When linking ESPN Insider, leave all the crap off starting just after the recruit ID #.

per the CO

West Meck’s Terrence Williams
West Meck coach Donald Kirby said his 6-4 junior is the best-kept secret in Mecklenburg County.
Not anymore, coach.
Williamsaverages 22 points, 10 rebounds, four assists and three steals. He had30 against MEGA 7 champ Olympic, 31 against N.C power Hopewell. He’sbeing recruited by Virginia Tech, Boston College, East Carolina,Virginia Commonwealth, College of Charleston, Tennessee, Old Dominionand Air Force. And he made the A/B honor roll last semester.
“He can play all five positions,” said Kirby, whose team has won five straight.

Just FYI this kid is probably going Va Tech…know someone who has personal knowledge of this situation

lol, how many times have we heard this? Not saying you’re wrong, but we’ve had a lot of people come on in the past claiming they knew people who were close.

lol, how many times have we heard this?[/quote]
Considering the number of recruits we’ve lost to Va Tech, it wouldn’tsurprise me at all. Off the top of my head there is Victor Davilia, Deron Washington, JT Thompson and Dorenzo Hudson

lol, how many times have we heard this?[/quote]
Considering the number of recruits we’ve lost to Va Tech, it wouldn’tsurprise me at all. Off the top of my head there is Victor Davilia, Deron Washington, JT Thompson and Dorenzo Hudson[/quote]

Oh I agree, wouldn’t surprise me one bit. Generally when we recruit someone and they don’t end up here, there’s a good chance they are heading to VT, Clemson, Wake, or Marshall. I feel good about a recruit when I don’t see those schools involved.

how many recruits have we lost to Marshall? Only one major one, right?

On their current roster:

Damier Pitts, Hassan Whiteside.

Eladio Espinosa went to USF then transferred to Marshall. We recruited him.

On their current roster:

Eladio Espinosa went to USF then transferred to Marshall. We recruited him.[/quote]
We also recruited Tirrell Baines.

On their current roster:

Eladio Espinosa went to USF then transferred to Marshall. We recruited him.[/quote]
We also recruited Tirrell Baines.[/quote]

Yea, I was thinking we went after him, couldn’t remember how hard though.

lol, how many times have we heard this? Not saying you’re wrong, but we’ve had a lot of people come on in the past claiming they knew people who were close.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, but try this on for size…Not only will this kid not come to us, but we will lose Trevin Parks to Davidson(Transfer on scholarship) and KJ Sherrill will transfer as well! Could I be wrong maybe, but I doubt it!!! Hence the user name!

lol, how many times have we heard this? Not saying you’re wrong, but we’ve had a lot of people come on in the past claiming they knew people who were close.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, but try this on for size…Not only will this kid not come to us, but we will lose Trevin Parks to Davidson(Transfer on scholarship) and KJ Sherrill will transfer as well! Could I be wrong maybe, but I doubt it!!! Hence the user name![/quote]

I can’t believe you left out where KJ will transfer to…I mean, surely you know that too?

I can see Parks leaving, as he doesn’t get any PT. He’s a walkon PG and if he leaves, I wish him success. I don’t see KJ leaving. He needs time to develop his game further and he’s got great competition day in and day out.

KJ would be foolish to leave. His minutes will surely increase next season so long as he keeps playing hard and would be in a good position to start for two seasons. I wouldn’t rule it out because we always seem to lose players, but I just don’t think it’ll happen.

If Parks leaves, I wish him the best. He looks as though he has the ability to play DI somewhere and it looks like he’ll never get that chance here.

I understand what you are saying, but try this on for size…Not only will this kid not come to us, but we will lose Trevin Parks to Davidson(Transfer on scholarship) and KJ Sherrill will transfer as well! Could I be wrong maybe, but I doubt it!!! Hence the user name![/quote]

Well, if you truly are Kyle Church’s cousin, then maybe you have some inside knowledge, but if you know that KJ plans to transfer, then so do the coaches and I wouldn’t expect to keep him around with that knowledge. So, I doubt he is planning to leave. Normally, I would wish Trevin luck, however not if he is going to Davidson. Also, isn’t there some rule about not offering a player on another team’s roster a scholarship? If this is true, then Davidson could be in a lot of trouble.