Terrence Williams- SG West Meck 2011 - signed LOI to Charlotte

Shirley, you jest![/quote]
i know, i know. if we can land a couple of those or a couple with equal talent then i will be happy. i can dream can’t i?[/quote]

I don’t get your fixation on “ratings” … temple get’s all 3 star players and has been solid for 4 years now, you can win without 5 4 star players.

i know, i know. if we can land a couple of those or a couple with equal talent then i will be happy. i can dream can’t i?[/quote]

I don’t get your fixation on “ratings” … temple get’s all 3 star players and has been solid for 4 years now, you can win without 5 4 star players.[/quote]
the best players are usually the ones ranked the highest. you can cite examples like curry and guys like that who werent highly ranked but rankings mean something whether you want to believe it or not. i want us to get the best players and i believe we can do it. im not saying i expect all four and five star guys but we need a few four stars every few years to reach the level that we want to reach.

sign him! Any video on this kid?

not unless you have a rivals subscription.

Thanks. Are you allowed to give an update on how it went?

Thanks. Are you allowed to give an update on how it went?[/quote]

It went very well. Young man is a bright kid and family is interested in being in the stands for his games.

I don’t get your fixation on “ratings” … temple get’s all 3 star players and has been solid for 4 years now, you can win without 5 4 star players.[/quote]
the best players are usually the ones ranked the highest. you can cite examples like curry and guys like that who werent highly ranked but rankings mean something whether you want to believe it or not. i want us to get the best players and i believe we can do it. im not saying i expect all four and five star guys but we need a few four stars every few years to reach the level that we want to reach.[/quote]

The highest rankings also go to the BCS signeees. Ever notice how a kids ranking will drop or go up based solely on the school he signs with.

I do not put a lot of faith in the rankings after the top 35 or so. Too many intangibles to grade out after that.

[quote=“LeftyNiner, post:29, topic:22136”]Terrence Williams is indeed one of our top targets for next year. There is a story in the FREE local paper in the Mountain Island area that covers West Meck about Coach Major contacting Williams and his coach shortly after being named head coach. I can’t find the story online but read it in print. THey may not post stories until a week or so after.

Several stories on Major being named coach by C. Jemal Horton who used to write the the Observer and an Indianapolis paper:
http://www.carolinaweeklynewspapers.com/search/node/alan%20major

There is also a story up on Niner Report for those who subscribe.[/quote]

clt says horton is our fan with coach major on board.

http://www.carolinaweeklynewspapers.com/story/20100219/west-meck-boys-surge-semifinals

I hope we land him. It would be great to get another tall, athletic guard. I love the fact that we’re going after guards over 6 feet. Not that I don’t love Derrio, and I was Harris’ biggest fan, but size gives such a good advantage. Major’s platoon is on it, and hopefully we get a signature. GO NINERS!!!

Kid appears to be a late bloomer. That’s normally right in our wheelhouse. Good match with his family in town, etc. I hope he signs.

anybody know when he plans to make a decision?

Did you mean Deuce? Derrio is 6’1.

Did you mean Deuce? Derrio is 6’1.[/quote]

Yeah, according to the roster.

Did you mean Deuce? Derrio is 6’1.[/quote]

Yeah, according to the roster.[/quote]

The roster says he’s either 6’2 or 6’0. I’m 6’1 according to the army and we’re about the same height when standing next to each other. Either way, I agree with the point, more height is good!

You know Derrio is 6’2? I know what you mean about Harris and now Briscoe thought, I think their speed will make up for their height.

no clue.

just watched his highlight video from the Carolina Challenge. Would be a great get for us as a 2G, size, strong with the ball and a great jumper with range. Would love for Major & Co. to tap into the Mecklenburg County talent pool right off the bat.

Major was on hand this weekend in Myrtle Beach to watch Williams.

Scout.com blurb

Terrence Williams has offers from Tulane, VCU, ECU, Charlotte and College of Charleston. Cincinnati and Clemson are also showing interest.