Thanks Leemire

Everyone who has posted negative on the thread is people that I haven't heard much of. Lee is a senior and captain and everyone on the team expects him to take that shot. Besides if he would of hit it and we won then we would be praising him. We are having a great season and Lee is All Conference and if Bobby leaves I feel this program would just go down.

They expect him to take the game winning shot, but since heā€™s a senior, captain, and leader they also expect him to not take the stupid shots that cost us the game. I never praise his stupid shots whether they go in or not, and if you donā€™t believe me come sit with me in 216 and hear me curse him when he jacks up these horrendous bombs.

Great season, hardly. Iā€™m satisfied overall, but games like these with the repetition of blowing games is irritating and takes away the seasonā€™s luster.

Right, bench your star senior player when the game is on the line..... WHAT??!

Did Dayton bench their star player, Brian Roberts, after he was completely SHUT DOWN by our man Dewberry in the first half?? NOOO!!!

You bench him if heā€™s jacking threeā€™s with 25 secs on the shot clock and a 3 pt lead. Dewberry shut him down but hereā€™s the difference. HE DIDNā€™T HAVE TO SHOOT!!! They were still in the game so like a smart player he didnā€™t force his game, something somebody should have taken note of and followed.

[QUOTE=eason49;292354][SIZE=7][U][B][SIZE=5]Wrong. [/SIZE][/B][/U][/SIZE][SIZE=7][U][B][SIZE=5]Wrong. [/SIZE][/B][/U][/SIZE][SIZE=7][U][B][SIZE=5]Wrong.[/SIZE][/B][/U][/SIZE]
Take away his horrible shots at Richmond, and give them to ANY of our inside players. If they make even less than 1/3 of them, we win.

Take away his horrible shots at the end of Dayton, and give me a 30% 2 point shot while using up time wisely, we win. We were [B]UP 11 WITHOUT HIM SCORING,[/B] then he decided to be a ball hog and lost the game for us![/QUOTE]

Sorry, weā€™re not going to win games without Lee.

That's whats wrong with this crowd. We are a very average team and you think we are having a great season. AND you call us idiots? What a tool?

For heavens sake, compared to the last several seasons, a Tar Hole fan could tell you weā€™ve had a ā€œgreatā€ season, during a year we were expected to do nothing in the conference. Ugh. You old timers and your glory days. Yeah Iā€™m jealous, but come on now.

=)

How can you say weā€™re not having a great season [B]when we were predicted to be bottom of the A10[/B] and have a sub .500 seasonā€¦ Yeah Iā€™m pissed too, ask my roomates, Iā€™m hell to live post niners loss - but in the overall scheme of things we are having a great season, at least given our [B]8 new guys of whom 4 are starters[/B]ā€¦

the fact that weā€™ve beat a ranked team and 2 teams taht were ranked at one point or another this season, and are actually contenders in a very strong a10ā€¦ Iā€™d say weā€™re having a great seasonā€¦ infact anything better than last years a great seasonā€¦

Also - to Bobbys credit he said tonight in the post game something along the lines of how he doesnt know if leeā€™s getting worn out in the long haul or what it is, but that heā€™s going to start losing minutes. I agree that there needs to be more control, but at least heā€™s recognizing and saying heā€™s going to do something about itā€¦

[QUOTE=eason49;292295]Compare the last two games with the rest of the season. Lutz has reverted back to poor coaching and relying on the three.

[/QUOTE]

For the first time this season, I feel like I felt all year last year. When times get tough, you revert back to old habits.

Mack took some shots that were almost out of Plavichā€™s range in the first half. WTF is that?? Heā€™s getting too brave with the 3-ball. Iā€™m OK with him taking the open looks but some of the shots heā€™s taken are horendous.

I expect Lee to have the green light because he can get hot very quickly, but you have to know the game situations. He had bad shots down the stretch. Definitely reminded me of DeAngelo tonight.

Has anyone seen Anjuan Wilderness???

This loss belongs to Leemire and Mack and the rest of the players.
Disagree. This is college. These are men (reminds me of the football coach yelling at the media last year but the opposite of what I'm saying). They should be able to stand in front of their team and take the loss on their shoulders. Lee as the leader I believe should do this and I hope he speaks to his teammates. 2-14 from 3. Jacking them up late was the nail in the coffin.

2-22 from 3 1-3 from 2 in the past 2 gamesā€¦

The rest of the team imo had pretty good to great games.

I heard he went to play for Wake after we beat themā€¦ lol.

He is having solid games but not stepping up like I thought he would and should after the Wake game.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;292365]Sorry, weā€™re not going to win games without Lee.[/QUOTE]

We sure as hell lost two extremely winnable games in a row with him forcing things unnecessarily

[QUOTE=gotLutz;292309]Right, bench your star senior player when the game is on the lineā€¦ WHAT??!

Did Dayton bench their star player, Brian Roberts, after he was completely SHUT DOWN by our man Dewberry in the first half?? NOOO!!![/QUOTE]

Dude, you need to get a friggen clue. Roberts sat the bench for quite some time.

2 words: [b]SHOT SELECTION[/B]

I havenā€™t read but a few posts, so someone may have already mentioned this. Itā€™s not Leemireā€™s three point shot that killed us. It was the ridiculous shots he was taking, and usually early enough in the shot clock to find other options. The same thing happened Saturday.

Then thereā€™s also the lackadaisical pass he made down the stretch when they had him smothered. That pass was picked off.

He's played solid, 8 pts on 3-5 shooting and some good defense. I like what we're getting from him right now as a freshman, though I hope he can develop his jumper in the next few years, as that will open up his game tremendously. Will probably add 10-12 pts a game with easier drives to the lane, jumpers, and better free throw shooting.

Thought he had done pretty well the past two games. How about that 3 he hit tho? Had to take a double take to make sure it was him.

Here is how I feel about this, I was thinking about it as I was driving home, listening to the last minute and a half on the radio, and knowing this thread would be here.

My feelings about Lee, and tonight are like a father and a son.

You love your kid so much, he has been there for you for so long. He is a big part of your life, and its hard to imagine it without him. He isnā€™t always perfect, but he sure does try, and he sure does love you. He wants nothing more than to make you happy. And then, he does something that he shouldnā€™t, something stupid, something bad. He didnā€™t do it to spite you, he did it because he is young, and makes mistakes.

And no matter how upset you get about it, you canā€™t really be too mad at him. Because the good outweighs the bad on such a substantial level, that you can only be upset a little bit. And instead of yelling or screaming, you just want to give him a big hug, because you know he knows that he screwed up, and in reality, he feels worse about it than you can even imagine.

Here is how I feel about this, I was thinking about it as I was driving home, listening to the last minute and a half on the radio, and knowing this thread would be here.

My feelings about Lee, and tonight are like a father and a son.

You love your kid so much, he has been there for you for so long. He is a big part of your life, and its hard to imagine it without him. He isnā€™t always perfect, but he sure does try, and he sure does love you. He wants nothing more than to make you happy. And then, he does something that he shouldnā€™t, something stupid, something bad. He didnā€™t do it to spite you, he did it because he is young, and makes mistakes.

And no matter how upset you get about it, you canā€™t really be too mad at him. Because the good outweighs the bad on such a substantial level, that you can only be upset a little bit. And instead of yelling or screaming, you just want to give him a big hug, because you know he knows that he screwed up, and in reality, he feels worse about it than you can even imagine.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. you let your kid learn from his mistakes. A senior and leader of the team should know better by now and setting an example. So who is to blame, the father/teacher (Lutz) or son (Lee)???

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. you let your kid learn from his mistakes. A senior and leader of the team should know better by now and setting an example. So who is to blame, the father/teacher (Lutz) or son (Lee)???
I think he just called Lutz a bad father. [SIZE=1]Just kidding.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=gotLutz;292369]You old timers and your glory days. Yeah Iā€™m jealous, but come on now. [/QUOTE]
Iā€™ll have you know Iā€™m stiil in my glory days.

Many of you guys are the reason I hate this city and its sports fans. I havenā€™t read this entire thread, because honestly, itā€™s embarrassing. [B]The city of Charlotte has the [I]worst[/I] fairweather fans Iā€™ve ever seen. [/B]This cityā€™s sports fans are so happy to jump on the bandwagon when the Panthers, Bobcats, Niners, whoever are having a good year, but then when things arenā€™t going so great, itā€™s ā€œOh, this team sucks, this coach needs to be fired, this player needs to be benched.ā€

I want to win every game too. In a perfect world, we would have won every NCAA national championship since we began playing. But Iā€™m not delusional. As a Chargers fan, I sat through I have no idea how many 3-13 seasonsā€¦ from the time I became a Chargers fan, until this year, I [I]never[/I] saw them win a playoff game. I was born more than 60 years into the Curse of the Bambino, and for a long time, I thought my Red Sox would never win the World Series. But I stood by my team, and never [I]once[/I] blamed a single coach, or player, for a loss. (Luckily, I was too young to remember Bill Buckner. Idiot.)

I truly believe that the fans on this board, or most of them anyway, are the most loyal fans in Charlotte. Lets start acting like it.

Many of you guys are the reason I hate this city and its sports fans. I haven't read this entire thread, because honestly, it's embarrassing. [B]The city of Charlotte has the [I]worst[/I] fairweather fans I've ever seen. [/B]This city's sports fans are so happy to jump on the bandwagon when the Panthers, Bobcats, Niners, whoever are having a good year, but then when things aren't going so great, it's "Oh, this team sucks, this coach needs to be fired, this player needs to be benched."

I want to win every game too. In a perfect world, we would have won every NCAA national championship since we began playing. But Iā€™m not delusional. As a Chargers fan, I sat through I have no idea how many 3-13 seasonsā€¦ from the time I became a Chargers fan, until this year, I never saw them win a playoff game. I was born more than 60 years into the Curse of the Bambino, and for a long time, I thought my Red Sox would never win the World Series. But I stood by my team, and never once blamed a single coach, or player, for a loss. (Luckily, I was too young to remember Bill Buckner. Idiot.)

I truly believe that the fans on this board, or most of them anyway, are the most loyal fans in Charlotte. Lets start acting like it.

Maybe some, but most are loyal fans and our anger is due to the loss and re-occuring events. More frustration than anything else. And yes Lee should have been sat down AT SOME POINT, not with 2 minutes left, but sometime. He had 35 minutes going 2-16, enough said.

I do not blame Lutz, BUT if after 2 straight games like this if this happens again and Lee is not pulled, then yes I blame Lutz for allowing it.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;292403]Many of you guys are the reason I hate this city and its sports fans. I havenā€™t read this entire thread, because honestly, itā€™s embarrassing. [B]The city of Charlotte has the [I]worst[/I] fairweather fans Iā€™ve ever seen. [/B]This cityā€™s sports fans are so happy to jump on the bandwagon when the Panthers, Bobcats, Niners, whoever are having a good year, but then when things arenā€™t going so great, itā€™s ā€œOh, this team sucks, this coach needs to be fired, this player needs to be benched.ā€

I want to win every game too. In a perfect world, we would have won every NCAA national championship since we began playing. But Iā€™m not delusional. As a Chargers fan, I sat through I have no idea how many 3-13 seasonsā€¦ from the time I became a Chargers fan, until this year, I [I]never[/I] saw them win a playoff game. I was born more than 60 years into the Curse of the Bambino, and for a long time, I thought my Red Sox would never win the World Series. But I stood by my team, and never [I]once[/I] blamed a single coach, or player, for a loss. (Luckily, I was too young to remember Bill Buckner. Idiot.)

I truly believe that the fans on this board, or most of them anyway, are the most loyal fans in Charlotte. Lets start acting like it.[/QUOTE]
All I can think of saying is thisā€¦ā€œYouā€™re an idiotā€

Team shooting last two games (from 3):

6-44

Why do we continue to do this?