The beer (snobs) thread

OK NNN, last weekend i ended my self imposed beer hiatus and am looking for new things to try.

I have some Olde Mecklenburg Copper waiting to get me when i get home so i can try and watch the shitty ass internet feed of the US/Costa Rica game. [font=verdana]Tell me what you are drinking![/font]

I love the Triangle Golden and Young’s Double Chocolate Stout.

[quote=“casstommy, post:1, topic:28231”]OK NNN, last weekend i ended my self imposed beer hiatus and am looking for new things to try.

I have some Olde Mecklenburg Copper waiting to get me when i get home so i can try and watch the shitty ass internet feed of the US/Costa Rica game. [font=verdana]Tell me what you are drinking![/font][/quote]

We went to the Olde Meck brewery last night, they tapped a Dunkel keg that was aging in Maker’s Mark casks. It was unbelievable. Yuengling is in the fridge, bit of a step down after last night.

you bastard

we need to go

Not sure it makes me a beer snob but a frosty Guinness is always my fallback beer.

[quote=“casstommy, post:1, topic:28231”]OK NNN, last weekend i ended my self imposed beer hiatus and am looking for new things to try.

I have some Olde Mecklenburg Copper waiting to get me when i get home so i can try and watch the shitty ass internet feed of the US/Costa Rica game. [font=verdana]Tell me what you are drinking![/font][/quote]

Fridge is empty right now, but I finished off some Lonerider Sweet Josie Brown Ale last night, and was able to kill twelve cans of New Belgium Ranger IPA at the beach Sunday/Monday.

Sam Adams Octoberfest is probably my staple this time of year.

I have 2 bud lights left in the fridge.

I really like that one too. The Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale is excellent as well.

Probably the best beach beer I had this year, and still good for a hot tailgate day: Wyld Extra Pale Ale by Uinta

A good local fun beer? NoDa’s Coco Loco. But then again, maybe thats just because it has two of my favorite candy ingredients… coconut and chocolate!

Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale is good.

Triple C Smoked Amber is excellent.

NoDa CoCo Loco is really good.

Also like OMB Copper and Mecktoberfest.

Sweet Water Blue

[quote=“Niner National, post:11, topic:28231”]Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale is good.

Triple C Smoked Amber is excellent.

NoDa CoCo Loco is really good.

Also like OMB Copper and Mecktoberfest.

Sweet Water Blue[/quote]

I gagged the whole way through that one.

Dropping by total wine to grab something tasty for tomorrow.

Coco Loco is pretty tasty if you love porters and stouts, like myself.

Fat Tire and Red Oak are currently in the fridge and will be making the trip to Charlotte tomorrow.

Miller lights in my fridge. Those pansy mich ultra guys disgust me

Agreed, real men drink Mich Ultra Amber!

I highly recommend Foothill Hoppyum and Seeing Double IPAs. Also, I loaded up on Red Oak while I was in Charlotte this past weekend. I wish they could distribute it to a wider area, but my understanding is that the refrigerated shipping is cost-prohibitive. Just have to keep rationing.

Love Red Oak. I’m also a fan of Coco Loco and really most of the NoDa beers are good.

I live in Winston and go to Foothills quite frequently. Avoid their Torch Pilsner at all costs.

Apparently their IPAs are amazing but I’m not a fan of IPAs so I wouldn’t know.

clt endorses red oak.

Enjoying a pint of New Belgium’s Pumpkick pumpkin seasonal while I watch the US v Costa Rica feed and wait for tomorrow.