The beer (snobs) thread

[quote=“capitalbill, post:20, topic:28231”]Enjoying a pint of New Belgium’s Pumpkick pumpkin seasonal while I watch the US v Costa Rica feed and wait for tomorrow.[/quote]Pumpkin is not my thing, but I do like Saranac’s Pumpkin Ale.

Drank 4 iron citys tonight.

Allagash Curieux.

11% alcohol content and comes in 750mL bottles. Yum…

http://www.allagash.com/beer/year-round/curieux?ao_confirm

Hummingbird by Red Oak

Miller Lite long necks. Most IPAs. Legend, Sierra Nevada Torpedo come to mind. Hefes? Prob best I’ve had is Shiners. Belgian? Hoegarden.
Go Niners

If you’re ever in RVA grab a hardywood singel. Good stuff.

I always liked red oak but haven’t seen it the last few times I’ve been in Charlotte :frowning:

try to locate (total wines ?) some Scrimshaw. guaranteed! 8)

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:26, topic:28231”]If you’re ever in RVA grab a hardywood singel. Good stuff.

I always liked red oak but haven’t seen it the last few times I’ve been in Charlotte :([/quote]

The 12-packs are hiding in the walk-in cooler at Total Wine off Harris.

Aside from the usual assortment of a couple Bud heavies and a Coors Light or two, the only craft beers in my fridge right now are a few Foothills Hoppyum IPA’s. I highly recommend them if you like pale beers. I’m definitely an IPA/Pale Ale guy when it comes to crafts, though I do drink and appreciate most any kind of beer. I’m a very un-snobby beer snob, as I do love craft brews but also equally love cold PBR from a keg or a cooler full of Coors Light.

Some of the better stuff I’ve tried lately:

21st Amendment “Back in Black” IPA
Aviator HotRod Red
Big Boss Bad Penny (brown ale)

Strangest as of late:

New Belgium “Lips of Faith” … it’s a coconut-curry hefeweizen. It’s not for me, but a couple of my friends actually really dig it. Definitely a departure from most of the beer you’ll taste at any given bar.

I will be drinking Fat Tire while tailgating before the Panther game today. I was drinking that beer way back in the 90s on my visits to Colorado when it was still a “regional” beer.

Had one of these last night…

I’m not a fan of pilsners but had never had anything from Olde Hickory before so I gave it a try. It was ok. Pilsners are kind of bland to me but it was drinkable. My wife loved it.

Also tried the Snow Drift Vanilla Porter by Leinenkugal. Very tasty. Pretty good balance between the malt and the vanilla.

I love Young’s Double Chocolate Stout.

They used to serve this with a scoop of ice cream at The Flying Saucer long ago, made one hell of a float.

I know you’re not, Braille, but is anyone else here on untappd? Started using it to keep track of the craft stuff I’ve been having and my present-sense impressions of the beer. Pretty sweet for a free app.

They used to serve this with a scoop of ice cream at The Flying Saucer long ago, made one hell of a float.[/quote]

I would enjoy that.

Been drinking Anchor Steam and a buch of Stone IPA’s so far this week… Went to a German place that had boot’s and 40 oz steins… 2 Big Spaten’s and I was feeling no pain.

Had one of those recently. Very good stout. Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is also very good.
NoDa Hop Drop and Roll is a good IPA that I’ve had. They just started putting it in cans.

Hanger 24 Double IPA - Excellent!
Russian River Pliny The Elder - Good but overrated
Bootlegger’s Knuckle Sandwhich - Puts Pliny The Elder to shame – probably my current favorite
Lagunita’s Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale - Tons of aromatics!
Ballast Point Sculpin / Big Eye IPA - San Diego beers rock!
Highwater’s Campfire Stout - Tastes like smores - Makes a great beer float!
Hanger 24 Barrel Roll No. 3 Pugachev’s Cobra - Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels - 16.5% abv
Stone Ruination - Anything Stone is always excellent!
Avery The Maharaja - Great hops!
Port Hop 15 - Great IPA
Green Flash Hop Head Red - Nice Hoppy Red
Green Flash West Coast IPA - A perfect example of a 'west coast ipa’
Dogfish Head 60/90/120 Minute IPA
Kern River Citra IPA
Ballast Point Victory of the Sea - Awesome Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter with great hops!

Anyone want to beer swap let me know

Wow. Where did you find this?

I had it at the local whole foods. This is the brewery -> http://hangar24brewery.com/currentofferings_barrelroll.htm