The Braves Are Not Going to the Playoffs

I’ll be sure to bump this thread back up in early October.

Hudson has run out of gas. The rest of the starting rotation has gotten significantly worse. Pitching doesn’t right itself in September.

The bats are good and the bullpen is good. However, the juggernauts of Philly and Colorado are going to win far too many games this month for Atlanta to keep pace.

Philly’s big 3 starters will start for the Atlanta series Sep 20-22. I will be in attendance for game 2! The Fightins’ should be a game or two up going into that series. After that series Philly will be 2-5 games ahead of Atlanta. The series in Atlanta at the end of the season will not be played for the division. Philly will have clinched. Atlanta will be playing for it’s Wild Card Life.

All that’s needed to complete this very probable senario is for San Francisco and/or San Diego to play well. The West is getting the Wild Card.

So, good job this year, Bravos. Sorry it just has to end with such a pathetic whimper.

Phillies 3 starters will be tough in the playoffs. Braves have a chance, I think the Padres are gone. I think wildcard will be Braves or Rockies/SF.

I would pick SF for the division and wildcard will come down to the wire. I’m torn, Asheville’s Minor league squad is a Rockie affiliate so I’ve seen lots of the guys come through, but I still like the Braves.

One of the best threads ever.

I’m a big braves fan, but I’m afraid you may be right. It isn’t over just yet. I said from day 1 that the Phils would win the East, however, I think the Braves can still get the wildcard. They don’t have near the lineup that the Phillies have. I thought the Phils had the best team in the NL from day 1 and now that they have Oswalt to go with Halladay I completely feel that theyre the team to beat in the NL.

Phillies’ front office is basically a bunch of idiots though. Signed Halladay for more than they could have kept Cliff Lee for, I didn’t get that.

[quote=“Pork Chop, post:1, topic:23911”]I’ll be sure to bump this thread back up in early October.

Hudson has run out of gas. The rest of the starting rotation has gotten significantly worse. Pitching doesn’t right itself in September.

The bats are good and the bullpen is good. However, the juggernauts of Philly and Colorado are going to win far too many games this month for Atlanta to keep pace.

Philly’s big 3 starters will start for the Atlanta series Sep 20-22. I will be in attendance for game 2! The Fightins’ should be a game or two up going into that series. After that series Philly will be 2-5 games ahead of Atlanta. The series in Atlanta at the end of the season will not be played for the division. Philly will have clinched. Atlanta will be playing for it’s Wild Card Life.

All that’s needed to complete this very probable senario is for San Francisco and/or San Diego to play well. The West is getting the Wild Card.

So, good job this year, Bravos. Sorry it just has to end with such a pathetic whimper.[/quote]

Just like a Philly fan to start running their mouth after they finally get to the top of the NL East. Better hope your predictions come true Nostradamus, or you’re going to get a lot of crow to munch on. :stuck_out_tongue:

How’s Cliff Lee doing now?

Amaro, the Phillies’ GM is new, and acknowledged his error. Lee would’ve demanded Sabathia to stay in Philly. So it may have actually been cheaper to get Oswalt. Houston did chip in some money. I wasn’t nearly as upset about this as were many of the fans. I feel his biggest gaff was signing Pedro Martinez last year.

I’ve been running my mouth to Brave fan friends all year. This is just the first time I’ve done it on NNN.

Go Redlegs.

He just brought the defending World Champs batting order to a grinding halt, which is why the Rangers traded for him. He’s better than Oswalt and Hamels.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2010_09_12_nyamlb_texmlb_1

Just don’t throw up on anyone, please. :stuck_out_tongue:

3-5 since joining Texas with an ERA around 4.25

I’m glad the Braves are in the league. They’re the only team my Bucs can win 2 of 3 from.

Yes, and pitching with a sore shoulder prior to Sunday.

This - is why the Braves can’t seem to get over the hump. They lose 2-3 to a team 30+games under .500. Just got shut out by the Nats and their 50-year-old pitcher.

Obviously Pork Chop doesn’t know Roy Oswalt’s career ERA numbers vs. Atlanta.

whooo go Phillies!!! god I hate the Braves.

This just in: 2 games up.

Go Cubs!!!

The Braves were dead to me once Ron Gant was no longer there. Put a fork or tomahawk (sp?) in them, they are finished.

Ron Gant should un-retire.

If you look back throughout the years generally 91-93 wins get’s you in the playoffs, there are exceptions but this is generally the case. If they play 500 ball they will have 91 wins. I think the Braves are either going to totaly melt down ie. mets of a few years ago and miss everything, or they are just in a slump and will get hot when it actually matters into October. They have the 3rd best ERA in the NL and are tied for second in Runs scored with Philly and the Rockies. The teams that are going after them have just as many holes as the Braves do. Will be interesting to see, what happens over the next 16 games.

This is not surprising if you have watched them the last few years.

I know this is just smack talk from a Phillies fan. But you’re not really telling Braves fans anything they don’t already know. We already know we’ve been struggling the past few weeks.

Now, had we gone .800 over the past few weeks and still lost the division lead, that would be a whole different argument.