The Coolest Bunch of Guys!

We have a lot of [URL=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jock+sniffer][U]these.[/U][/URL]
yep thats what it was all about. it was never once about showing our team some support. how proud we are of them for a job-well-done this whole season. it was never about welcoming them home after a long day, and a long trip. it was never about being fans and living and dying by every shot. it wasnt about us getting together and being nostalgic about how the ups and downs of the season, like huddling around my computer with no sound and no score to watch the URI game.

nope. it was about jock sniffing.
go away. we dont need you at all.

[QUOTE=jfickett;305916]yep thats what it was all about. it was never once about showing our team some support. how proud we are of them for a job-well-done this whole season. it was never about welcoming them home after a long day, and a long trip. it was never about being fans and living and dying by every shot. it wasnt about us getting together and being nostalgic about how the ups and downs of the season, like huddling around my computer with no sound and no score to watch the URI game.

nope. it was about jock sniffing.
go away. we dont need you at all.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Joe, it takes a special person to go on a fan message board and then try to insult some guys for showing support for the team. Does that make you feel like a big man??

i move that we have a new forum created with nothing but insults for the niners, thats all. that way, none of the rest of us ever have to read them again, and all the asswipes that just want to come on here and bad talk posters and the team can just do so and know that their opinions dont matter.

[QUOTE=jfickett;305921]i move that we have a new forum created with nothing but insults for the niners, thats all. that way, none of the rest of us ever have to read them again, and all the asswipes that just want to come on here and bad talk posters and the team can just do so and know that their opinions dont matter.[/QUOTE]

You should have seen how bad it was a couple of years ago. I’ve never understood it. Some of our own “fans” are our worst enemies.

You should have seen how bad it was a couple of years ago. I've never understood it. Some of our own "fans" are our worst enemies.

They aren’t fans.
It’s an invasion of the “Bobby”-snatchers.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;305924]You should have seen how bad it was a couple of years ago. I’ve never understood it. Some of our own “fans” are our worst enemies.[/QUOTE]

Mark me down as the worst of the bunch.

They aren't fans. It's an invasion of the "Bobby"-snatchers.

Ba-dum-PSH!

Nothing like rolling out the red carpet when you make it to the semis of your conference tourney.

the man has a point

You should have seen how bad it was a couple of years ago. I've never understood it. Some of our own "fans" are our worst enemies.
a fan (or fans) can also be a detriment to the program when he/she on a continuous basis looks the other way when real problems exist or existed, all in the name of being accepted by those who may be causing the problem(s). Hypothetically speaking of course.

[QUOTE=bball49er;305877]I hate I missed it. Nothing like rolling out the red carpet when you make it to the semis of your conference tourney.[/QUOTE]

I’m amazed you’d come down off your mountain long enough to grace us with such wisdom.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;305924]You should have seen how bad it was a couple of years ago. I’ve never understood it. Some of our own “fans” are our worst enemies.[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand it either. These guys played their asses off, and have energized the fan base and made it fun again. They’re also really approachable and good guys.

That post-Clemson game video is absolutely fantastic. That’s how it is supposed to be. But there will always be a contingent of jerks who get off on being “above it all”, sneering at all of us “jock sniffers”.

Neither extreme (optimism/pessimism) is healthy, but bashing on a buncha college kids for being part of the :gasp: real college experience is ridiculous. What kind of jackass does that? Every memory I have from that time - beating Louisville, winning the metro tournament, playing Duke, etc are ones that still stick with me. That’s supposedly what we’re after with football.

I guess these same assholes will have a field day with our football team the first few years as they are getting their butts handed to them on a weekly basis. If you try to be part of that new tradition, you’re a loser.

I’m more amazed at how many of our fans like to trash each other.

Utter blog on this:

http://gmine.blogspot.com/

[QUOTE=Powerbait;306164]I’m more amazed at how many of our fans like to trash each other.[/QUOTE]

That was my point. We need fans, money, support, everything. Why would someone bash someone who is contributing all of those things.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;306173]That was my point. We need fans, money, support, everything. Why would someone bash someone who is contributing all of those things.[/QUOTE]

Because that’s what the internet is for, anonymous bashing?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;306175]Because that’s what the internet is for, anonymous bashing?[/QUOTE]

Most of the people here aren’t really that anonymous though.

[QUOTE=metro;306151]a fan (or fans) can also be a detriment to the program when he/she on a continuous basis looks the other way when real problems exist or existed, all in the name of being accepted by those who may be causing the problem(s). Hypothetically speaking of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks to you and your 10 yrs of non-support, we now have:

• A first-class baseball stadium and a top 30 baseball team
  • A basketball team back on the rise who just made the post-season for the 8th times in 10 years.
  • A golf team ranked # 3 in the country
  • A women’s soccer team who is dominating the league and about to breakthrough on the national scene
  • Several all-americans in track and field; track team that dominates the conference
  • Men’s soccer back on track

:frowning:

Yeah, thanks to you and your 10 yrs of non-support
? so skipping 2 years of 11 purchasing season tix is considered non support?
Yeah, thanks to you and your 10 yrs of non-support, we now have:
  • A first-class baseball stadium and a top 30 baseball team
  • A basketball team back on the rise who just made the post-season for the 8th times in 10 years.
  • A golf team ranked # 3 in the country
  • A women’s soccer team who is dominating the league and about to breakthrough on the national scene
  • Several all-americans in track and field; track team that dominates the conference
  • Men’s soccer back on track

one could also argue:
that are hoops prorgram still doesn’t get the necessary tools from admin to compete,
we now compete in a subpar league in all sports,
the giving base of the program continues to shrink,
football is only on the cusp because of disgruntled alum (not internal leadership),
we have virtually zero market presence with tv and merchandise

one could also argue: that are hoops prorgram still doesn't get the necessary tools from admin to compete, we now compete in a subpar league in all sports, the giving base of the program continues to shrink, football is only on the cusp because of disgruntled alum [B][I]and bad ass students[/I][/B] (not internal leadership), we have virtually zero market presence with tv and merchandise

:biggrin: