THE Duke Viewing Party Nov. 17th 6pm

[QUOTE=cibik02;432627]can they call it the Charlotte 49ers Viewing party: game against Duke/______. Basically non-specific.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=Green]I find your lack of faith disturbing.[/COLOR][/B]

[/CENTER]

We better crush Elon because I shelled out too much cash to see us whip Duke the next night.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=green]I find your lack of faith disturbing.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
i agree with you 100%!!! it's sad huh. sorry, but faith levels go down based upon last year. You should ask me about my faith in Jake. Faith and expectations/what I want to happen are 2 different things imo.

seriously, just donā€™t wanna look more like an idiot if that elephant comes. Itā€™s like a football player who ā€œGuaranteesā€ a WIN on Sundayā€¦ only to lose and look like an idiot. I like those type players and mentality, but my stress level doesnā€™t.

What about the other side of thingsā€¦ we take care of Elon, but Duke falls to Coastal Carolina. Yall are looking at it wrong. Whereā€™s your kool-aid??

What about the other side of things.... we take care of Elon, but Duke falls to Coastal Carolina. Yall are looking at it wrong. [B]Where's your kool-aid??[/B]
thought there was kool-aid drought after last season!

who am i kidding!! kool-aid is a heII of a drink.

Guys, I questioned the idea of launching this soo soon myself, but Alex Gary brought up a very good point that we want to invite as many people out as possible but if things dont go our way, it will be easier to cancel this even then it will be to try and get people to come by launching this the night before.

Guys, I questioned the idea of launching this soo soon myself, but Alex Gary brought up a very good point that we want to invite as many people out as possible but if things dont go our way, it will be easier to cancel this even then it will be to try and get people to come by launching this the night before.

I donā€™t disagree but Iā€™ve been around for too many years to be calling this anything but a Charlotte vs. Coastal Carolina/Duke viewing party. Anyone on this board or employed by our athletic department, regardless of how long theyā€™ve been around, should know better than to assume weā€™ll beat ANYBODY (Ex: Monmouth & Hofstra a couple years ago) much less plan/publicize a viewing party for a specific opponent based on that win.

Mea culpa: apparently if we play CCU it may not be on TV hence why we canā€™t ā€œadvertiseā€ it that way- sounds like a solid plan to get some alums involved who may not otherwise come to Halton for a game. Letā€™s just keep our fingers crossed that things happen the way weā€™d like them toā€¦

Iā€™ll def be there if Iā€™m not up in Durham (provided the game happens).

I'm in Durham, if anyone comes up here and can't get tickets (that is, if I also can't get tickets) let me know.

I am in durham as well and have special parking passes that can get into the Cameron lot. If there is a group that will try to make it let me & powerbait know!

:49ers:

Why the big deal about seeing us play Coastal Carolina in Durham?

What about the other side of things.... we take care of Elon, but Duke falls to Coastal Carolina. Yall are looking at it wrong. Where's your kool-aid??
It's possible for us to play Duke in the LOSER's bracket too. Now, wouldn't that be something.
It's possible for us to play Duke in the LOSER's bracket too. Now, wouldn't that be something.

I have thought of this scenario and honestly sort of find it amusing.

Just call it an ā€˜49er NIT Viewing Partyā€™, problem solved.

[QUOTE=J Felt;432279]Arenā€™t we ignoring the elephant in the room?[/QUOTE]

Thisā€¦Iā€™m afraid to say anything else, except read spartyninerā€™s post.

[B][SIZE=3]NIT TipOff times at Dukeā€¦
Nov. 16 - Charlotte v. Elon, 9:30, no TV
Nov. 17 - East Championship, 6:00, ESPN; Consolation, 8:30, no TV[/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=spartyniner;432726]I have thought of this scenario and honestly sort of find it amusing.[/QUOTE]

ESPN would crap a brick.

[B][SIZE=3]NIT TipOff times at Duke...[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=3]Nov. 16 - Charlotte v. Elon, 9:30, no TV[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=3]Nov. 17 - East Championship, 6:00, ESPN; Consolation, 8:30, no TV[/SIZE][/B]
could another channel still pick-up the consolation games???

I remember last yearā€™s tourney, the Arizona St was on TV and I think the others were tooā€¦

[QUOTE=cibik02;433354]could another channel still pick-up the consolation games???

I remember last yearā€™s tourney, the Arizona St was on TV and I think the others were tooā€¦[/QUOTE]

All of the Anaheim tourney games were scheduled to be on TV on one of the ESPN network channels. All of the pre-season NIT games are not. Unless one of the local stations decides to do it, it wonā€™t be on. My guess is that there will be little hope of even getting to see it on the web since itā€™s at Dukeā€™s building. I doubt they will webcast a game that they are not involved in.

http://www.stubhub.com/duke-basketball-tickets/

some tickets now for sale.

I think it is safe to say that I am only going on Tuesday and the niners better win on Monday.

[QUOTE=ninerID;435756][URL]http://www.stubhub.com/duke-basketball-tickets/[/URL]

some tickets now for sale.

I think it is safe to say that I am only going on Tuesday and the niners better win on Monday.[/QUOTE]I like the way they went ahead and listed Dukeā€™s game in the 2nd round as the winnerā€™s bracket game.