The EV news thread šŸ”Œ

I havenā€™t read all the provisions yet, but Iā€™ve read that there is some frustration with provisions that say that the batteries have to be made in the USA with a very small limit (or none) on Chinese components.

Iā€™d like to read some more before I post an opinion about it.

clt says this doesnā€™t help RIVN. Damnit.

CNBC: Ford raises price of electric F-150 Lightning by up to $8,500 due to ā€˜significantā€™ battery cost increases.

This is some bullshit. Theyā€™re just trying to grab that EV tax credit.

Really, really disappointed in Ford.

Electric cars were completely viable 100 years ago ā€¦ We goofed by not pursuing them more.

2 Likes

The ICE/oil lobby saw to it that their products would be pursued.

1 Like

clt says they paid to have public transportation taken out of cities

2 Likes

Smithsonian Magazine: This 17-Year-Old Designed a Motor That Could Potentially Transform the Electric Car Industry.

Youā€™re gonna give @NinerWupAss an aneurysm.

Haha close. Some other idiot took out the amazing nsx motor so at that point why not.

1 Like

I will also say want to make a Honda Civic an ev? Go for it. What irks me is rare cars like an nsx or old ones like a speedster, where there are not many left being ripped apart.

The carā€™s patent pending technologies are meant to retain the sound and driving characteristics of Dodgeā€™s current gas-powered Charger and Challenger for any forthcoming all-electric muscle cars, according to Kuniskis.

Not sure how I feel about artificial sound. It feels insincere and soulless

2 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. And Not sure what the point is of a muscle car when all EVs produce muscle car torque.

Thatā€™s going to go over great for all the people that donā€™t live in large metros.

1 Like

Ev adoption in reality is easier for people in rural areas IMO because virtually everyone lives at a single family residence where they can charge daily. Urban areas with large multi family building populations will see more difficulty.

The range isnā€™t really a hurdle for rural people as much as people make it out to be. I drove from NoDa to Columbia yesterday and back and still had 80ish miles to spare upon my return. Even people living in absolute bumfuck arenā€™t driving those kinds of distances with any regularity.

3 Likes