The EV news thread šŸ”Œ

Go Away Rage GIF by hero0fwar

I just donā€™t want to rely on a pure EV truck. Iā€™m willing to try Hybrids, but the EV technology isnā€™t there for trucks yet. EV cars for people who never go more than 50 miles from home is great.

I drive 200+ miles a day pretty regularly. 0 issues. I get home with 50ish miles left from my 80% charge in the morning and repeat the cycle.

2 Likes

I buy a truck to tow stuff. Until an EV truck can tow a load without cutting range by half to 2/3 I wouldnā€™t entertain an ev truck. A hybrid? Maybe.

Good lord man. I hope thatā€™s not all a commute!

Anyone have any intel when Vintage Voltage season 2 is going to be available in the US?

It finished airing in March in the UK.

GD it this is America! I want what what I want when I want it.

Futurama Buy GIF

I own a home services company so Iā€™m out doing sales and stopping by jobsites to check on things.

I donā€™t do it every day, but itā€™s very common. Some weeks Iā€™ll be on the road every day like that.

Besides just being fast, thereā€™s some practicality to this thing if you ignore the outrageous sticker price.

Mainly because you can dial up the HP you want to use situationally. Most of the time the 296 hp you have in eco mode is going to be enough, as it still gets you to 60 in 6.7 secs. However, if some ahole is gunning for you at a light, flip it into max 585 HP mode and cut that 60 time in half.

Thatā€™s pretty nifty.

Very cool. Congrats on your success!

1 Like

A small electric FJ cruiser would probably be a hit and it sounds pretty smart not to waste the opportunity on an inferior architecture.

Toyota may have miscalculated, but they execute incredibly well and will rebound Iā€™m sure.

clt thinks Toyota is in trouble.

1 Like

Thanks. Waiting on the day I have enough success to pay someone else to run it for me lol

1 Like
2 Likes

ā€œHonda would pursue other ways of making its EVs fun to driveā€. At least they acknowledge there is an issue.

Everyone is different but I find my ev invredibly fun to drive relative to the automatics Iā€™ve had in the past. Iā€™ve never had a manual performance car though, so I canā€™t compare the two there, but I can see now those would be more fun.