The EV news thread šŸ”Œ

IMO, manuals are the most fun to drive as one has more control over the car. Unfortunately, itā€™s getting harder and harder to find them, at least in the US.

3 Likes

How can you drive stick and be on your phone reading NNN at the same time?

1 Like

I feel seen. Thanks cibik02.

This probably belongs in the ICE thread,but since we were talking about it hereā€¦

1 Like

You can if you are good and your manual is great. Looks like gas prices should start falling in 2023.

Just saw a Rivian R1S in the wild for the first time. Iā€™ve seen tons of their trucks, but this is the first time seeing the brand new SUV. The owner was really nice and showed me around. The interior is beautiful, and there is a ton of cargo space. Itā€™s huge.

I saw a semi truck on fire at QT once. The firemen just watched it burn. Maybe they should adopt the same strategy for an EV fire.

It takes like 4 to 5 times the water to put out an EV fire vs ice and from what Iā€™ve read even then it could still flare up to the point some department take the car and submerge it for awhile.

Kate Upton Model GIF

Sounds like reliability for EVs arenā€™t on par with ICE yet despite being much simpler from an engineering POV.

ā€œ Of the 11 EV models that Consumer Reports has data on, only 4 of them (the Kia EV6, Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq 5) have average or better than average predicted reliability.ā€

Shocked the Tesla model 3 is on that list.

clt says consumer reports is for accountants.

Of course not, but I donā€™t knock the right to dream

So let me get this straight, instead of wrenching on my car or making some performance upgrades myself or even paying someone else to do it, I just pay a yearly subscription fee? Did I mention I hate where EVs are gonna take the auto hobby world.

1 Like

I was going to post this earlier. This is bullshit and I hope hackers and / or the general public puts an end to it. Heard at least one state was going to outlaw it.

Hack it and warranty is void, Iā€™m positive of that.

I know states have taken steps to make it illegal for manufacturers to ā€œownā€ the software of the vehicle but signing up for a service doesnā€™t seem illegal in anyway to me. But this is where performance = software takes us. Itā€™s just stupid.

Lol, so its just tuned down and they ā€œmake it fasterā€ ? That might be the dumbest thing Iā€™ve ever read.

2 Likes

They donā€™t want you tinkering with your own car. Takes money out of their pockets.

Above them, government doesnā€™t really want you using your car much either. Hurts public transport. Takes away government jobsā€¦ect. They donā€™t want to lose the tax revenues from car sales, but they also want to get you on their way too expensive future high-speed rail as well.

Lots of palms to grease in this world and the consumer isnā€™t one of them.

Rode in a Tesla this week. Thing is fast, quick and nimble. I was impressed.

2 Likes