The EV news thread 🔌

Get what you’re saying but I think they’re just gonna use hybrid power to ADD to their already beastly V12 engines. They’re aren’t in it for economy or mpg. They want POWER!

But just because Lamborghini is rethinking the way its cars are fueled, that doesn’t mean it’s going soft or losing touch with its roots. Winkelmann told Insider he is intent on giving Lamborghini buyers the adrenaline-pumping performance they expect — and more — while cutting the company’s carbon footprint.

The company’s first plug-in hybrid (a type of vehicle with more electric-only range and a bigger battery than a traditional hybrid) is set to hit driveways and climate-controlled 12-car garages in late 2023. Thanks to a V12, three electric motors, and a small battery, the Revuelto supercar can produce just over 1,000 horsepower and hit 62 mph in 2.5 seconds, Lamborghini estimates.

Sure, but when a 4 seat tesla is cranking out a 2 second 0-60 time by simply stepping on a pedal and it holds your groceries and friends, what is the point of a Lambo - or any supercar?

What was ever the point? They’re a car that screams look at me, and they will still do that.

Exotics are status symbols. They have never served any other purpose and that’s not changing.

1 Like

If you had ever driven one you wouldn’t say that. They were the peak of a visceral driving experience. Sure it was a status symbol for many, as is anything that is expensive, but for car people they were much more than that.

The fact that toasters with a computer and wheels have brought that performance to the poor drivers and the masses is both amazingly cool and really sad.

That =/= serving a purpose.

Says someone who clearly isn’t a gear head.

The point is those cars purpose was to provide performance levels that were impossible to find through any other means, compromising comfort and storage in the desire for more power and speed. When a Tesla plaid provides that level of performance without the compromises with more reliability it removes the core mission of the supercars like a Lambo or Bugatti.

Yay for toasters and crappy drivers. For the record these days the most near misses I have on my motorcycle are courtesy of EV drivers.

With that Ill return to my self exile.

Didn’t know there were EV Altimas on the road. I see one of those do something stupid pretty much every day. If not them, it’s a jacked up pickup truck.

clt says the charlotte reddit is full of altima humour

Nothing I mean nothing compares to the idiocy of Dodge Charger drivers.

It’s a running joke in my extended family. If someone does something stupid / is driving like an asshole, the comment is always, “and you don’t even have to guess what they were driving.” Every. Damn. Time.

What’s weird to me is that I cannot remember the last time I saw a Challenger driving like that. It’s just that one damned car.

Well, half the time I look over at a charger driver they look stoned out of their mind so maybe that plays a role.

2 Likes

Big price cuts. Had to happen. Ford’s entire lineup is way overpriced, but especially their trucks.

Damn could Norway get any richer? Geez.

Hahaha.

Corvair and Pinto of the 21st?

I remember when my dads ford tempo caught on fire when I was a kid.

It didn’t make the news.

2 Likes

You don’t see Tempo’s around anymore. I was thinking the other day how many cars of the 80’s and 90’s almost disappeared completely

We also had a ford Aerostar minivan. They were everywhere in the 90s. I saw one for the first time in years a few months ago.